Department of Labor

Department of Labor Employer Reviews

A Typical day at work
Office Administrator Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2014
Pros: holiday's off
Cons: there are none
Classify information according to content or purpose, communicated progress, conducted conferences, develop instructional material.
a typical day at work
Porter/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
• Worked one-on-one with clients to resolve building maintenance issues
• Received Certificate of Recognition for dedicated service to the company
• Oversaw other maintenance workers and handled confidential documents
• Corresponded with managers from different companies to expedite service and maintenance requests
Facilities/Maintenance Worker January – more... 2004-December 2010
• Cleaned building floors by sweeping, mapping, scrubbing and vacuuming
• Washed and treated surfaces using appropriate supplies and cleaners
• Reported any damages or hazardous areas with loose wires broken glass or other items – less
Hectic, Obnoxious, Educational, Exciting
Trainee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2014
Pros: housing, food, education
Cons: staff member hit a student, mice, bugs, foul language
Every day at Paul Simon Chicago Job corps was different. There was always something to do. Some of the staff was over barring and rude but its easy to overcome.
very quiet office setting
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), san francisco, caMay 23, 2014
This was an internship at our corporate office. I was a student intern. I learned a lot, the staff were very nice and taught me a lot of what I know today. A typical day was spent on the computer or at the desk maintaining information, taking calls and file management.
Good company
Contractor-Provider Outreach Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 16, 2014
Good Company and room for growth. Excellent FOR THE LEARNER
Required Consistent, High Quality Work
Case Processing Analyst Team Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 16, 2014
Great work environment. Building often hosted events for all employees as did the Department Agency. Job required attention to detail, focus, and a high quality work day in and day out, so the extra-curricular activities were always a nice distraction.
Working at Job Corps is rewarding knowing that you have improved someone's life. At times it provides staff with great opportunites to retain student
Career Technical Education Manager Job Corps (Current Employee), Roswell, nmMay 4, 2014
Pros: nice low cost lunch available. support from other staff. working hours.
Cons: learner retension issues.
Working with other staff to teach, motivate, and model employment skills, academic and trade training for learners. As manager, I provided support and direction to instructors. Provided training and support to staff and students. Ensured that company goals and measures were met in my department.

Enjoyable part of job is seeing that learners are achieving – more... their learning goals. Helping people to succeed in the workplace. I enjoy maximizing my potential my utilizing all of my trade and educational experience to design a program that promotes learning.

The hardest part of this job is finding ways to retain learners to stay on task, meet their and the companies goals.

The management here understands the areas of opportunities that staff face in working with the learners. Team work is important here and we try to work together to get the job done in an environment where employees and learning are happy. This is important to me. – less
enjoyed it
Intern (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 17, 2014
Great peple great place, depressing how so manypeople are out of work
Fun Workplace
Hotel and Lodging Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2014
Worked at Potomac Job Corp. I was a student in training. It was a great place to work and study at. Staff were great to work with
Great classes and instructors
Trainee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Start Accountability.
Get to work on whatever is needed to get done. Take a lunch. Get back to work. Leave at four.
Good working environment
Web Master /Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
Good working environment for staff. flexible work days and challenging and innovative tasks.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 22, 2014
Working with a wide variety of people and learning various business processes and technologies in detail. The more I learn, the more value I can bring to my customers.

It's great to have managers that do not micro-manage, who trust you, your work and capability, to be able to be empowered and the work/life balance they provided.

It's nice and make – more... work easier when you have a collaborative team. Always ready to step up and help you when you are in need. For example, though I am not a tester, but ready to help out a co-worker with testing if he/she needs help and the same applies when I need help with some analysis work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that the hoteling system provides greater workplace flexibility, including working form home or other remote locations; privacy rooms where employees can place business calls in privacy; skipping lengthy Beltway commutes and thus, saving more time for productivity. – less
Good QA environment
Quality Assurance Specialist/Test Lead (Former Employee), Washiton DCMarch 13, 2014
Pros: process oriented work place
Cons: lots of paper works
Good corporate structure and nice people to work. Learned a lot of Project Management Skill
a rewarding opportunity.
Federal Investigator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: every assignment was challenging.
Cons: complexed on-sites investigations could last months.
Independently review employment records and files. Investigate possible employment discrimination. Learned techniques used for identifying adverse impact. Explore whether any discrepancies occurred. In addition determine and understand job requirements and qualifications in order to determine the actual selection criteria used by the employer. Performed – more... compensation analysis. – less
Its a good company to work for
Sr .NET Developer/Tech Lead (Current Employee), Wethersfield,CTMarch 4, 2014
I had a great time working in this company..

It requires good dedication at work.
This is a good platform where one can start with new technologies.
Great Work Envirorment
Desktop Field Support Team Lead/ Field Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2014
Wonderful learning experience. Very up to date technology, progressive staff, and very family oriented
Pretty good place to work
Senior Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: standards in place, small agency, government benefits
Cons: beaureaucracy
This is a small agency so you really get to know your customers. Processes are generally already developed and working. It is the government so there is an expected level of bureaucracy involved.
Productive in Some Places
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Dulce, New MexicoFebruary 19, 2014
However, working with a Manager who does not apply to the procedures can make a persons job (life) much difficult. In other departments within this department they were more organized and tended to their jobs. I loved working here, learned a lot.
Productive working environment, with many things to learn.
Culinary Arts Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: hardworker, strong leader, respectful and dependable
Cons: can not leave a task undone.
During my employment with the Department of Labor I became the over seer in the kitchen. I learned good leadership skills, I improved my knives skills, communication skills within the work environment, and how to work under pressure. The hardest part of the job was leaving because I enjoyed the environment. The most enjoyable part was everyday in the – more... kitchen you would learn new skills or improve old skills. – less
Providing dependable and quality employment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 13, 2014
•Monitored and authorized entrance and departure of vehicles, cargo trucks and visitors.
•Wrote reports on property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons and unusual occurrences.
•Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specific locations or to provide personal protection.

1 2 3 4 5