Department of Labor

Department of Labor Employee Reviews

protective
Student Employee (Former Employee), Woodstock, MDJune 18, 2015
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: short breaks
the enjoyable part of the job was getting to know different people. I got to work with so many different personalities and people from different places. I got to become a better person inside and out.
Productive work place
installing receptacles
installing switches
great youth program
Career Technical Training Manager (Current Employee), Long BeachJune 9, 2015
Cons: contract renewal every 5 years
Great program that employs dedicated staff. Provides life skill training that allows youth to become productive members of society.
Productive and very informative workplace.
Electrician Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2015
I always look forward to a new day at work for Department of Labor. Its exciting to learn something new everyday. I wasn't learning just electrical work. My managers cross-train me so I learned some plumbing, facility maintenance, and little carpentry. Co-workers are helpful and respectful. Enjoyed working with so many different people.
OSHA Enforcement
Compliance Safety and Health Officer - GS09 (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 16, 2015
Typically, work was either field based or administrative. A lot of the job involved multi-tasking efforts between inspections and office duties.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, SCMay 14, 2015
Pros: The State
Cons: Healthcare
The management staff was not understanding at all. not a good experience for me at all.. I didn't enjoy this department at all. Very poorly managed, and the training was terrible for me.. this wasn't a very good learning environment
Productive place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Job location
Cons: Salary
Loved working here due to the job location near metro and different food places. Enjoyed the people and the flexibility of the agency.
Productive fun place to work
Electrician Trainee (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 27, 2015
1) Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.

2) Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.

3) Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.

4) Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.

5) Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.

6) Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
Learned a lot
Office Administration Intern (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 26, 2015
I learned mostly everything I needed to learn in order to work in a office setting workplace. I learned about switchboard and how it worked. I enjoyed picking up the phone to give information about job corps to others.
Produtuctive
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Trenton, NJMarch 17, 2015
Greeting customers also answering incoming calls, making outgoing calls and processing checks. Organizing office supplies while making sure hey were in stock. Data entry which had to make a certain quota a day
Very helpful
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: i got a good education
Cons: wild students
I attended Potomac Job Corps Center in Washington, DC. Its a very helpful program that DOL offers and I will graduating this month.
very good
Culinary Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no money
everything was great the people when we had events and chef was a awesome leader to help us learn from it was cool. I was free but it help us learn ore about the trade i was in and being around so many different people was kind of interesting because we got to cook food they liked and food from there state and city.
A great learning experience
Veteran Representative (Current Employee), Vineland, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Working for the Department of Labor it has challege me, inspired me to work harder, and want more for myself and career. I really worked hard to serve Veterans and the general customer with thier career opportunities.
Productive and good place to work
Paralegal/ Office Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: funny place
Cons: contractual don't get same benefits as permanent employees
Each Unit has its own fun and each floor has it own event. It is a good place to work. Department of Labor licensing and regulations is an awarding place. You learn many different things and are able to get advancement within the agency.
Productive, family oriented enviroment
Secretary II (Current Employee), Wethersfield, CTFebruary 9, 2015
We are like family, a typical work day is very productive and busy but we still find time to make sure everyone is feeling well and don't need assistance with anything.
I enjoy working with at risk young adults my job is enjoyable and fulfilling I truly believe what I do is helping our economy
Career Preparation Instructor (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 2, 2015
New experience
CONTINGENCY CLERK (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
DOL presented opportunities to get acquainted with the lifestyle of a full time worker for the first time. Working forty hours weekly definitely helped me realize that I was a hard worker was for the first time.
pretty tough job but worth it if you love a hardworking job
Crew, Maintenance, Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYDecember 14, 2014
a typical day is hard to say because its always changing depending on what is on the to do list
Review
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: meetinggs
a typical day at the bureau of labor statistics was rewarding. I worked with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was when i retired.
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 9, 2014
A very good company where information was productive and a team which is very supportive

1 2 3 4 5