Department of Labor Employee Reviews

"A good head on those guys"
Pre-Apprentice Welder (Former Employee), NVAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Training, decent breaks, good food!
Cons: No Certification. very little monetary gain.
My brief work history with the Dept.of Labor Nevada was involved with a vocational training program and unfortunately leaves me with very little to say besides; I learned quite a lot in an effective work environment. and while i did not receive legitimate certifications for my field of study, i did gain valuable work experience.

they pay was almost non-existent however most amenities such as food, clothing and lodging was provided for.
really fun work places
Administrative Clerk: (Former Employee), GUAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Longer lunch and good company
Cons: Limited term
Dedicated Customer Service Representative who provides exceptional customer service through active listening and problem solving.Customer Service Professional highly skilled in call center management, training, recruiting, service solutions, Hands-on Customer Service Manager effective in motivating others to reach their optimum potential.
Most satisfying job I ever had.
Regional Supervisor (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Company truck, good hours
Cons: Being at the mercy of politicians.
Greatest job anyone who wants to be a part of helping young people advance in life could ask for. Very rewarding. Hardest part was getting the young people who don't really care about their future.
Fast pace, learn quickly
temporary accountant (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2015
Pros: multitask and constant changes
Cons: a lot of turnover
It is a great place to build a future, you will continuously learn new methods and regulations to what the federal government expects your department to do. Currently there's a lot of turnover, employees and management are overworked.
Good Place Overall
XX (Current Employee), XXJuly 26, 2015
The Department of Labor is a nice place to work. The hours are flexible, the work isn't terribly demanding though the employees could be a little more involved with their jobs.
Productive demanding work place
Administrator (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Health Care
Cons: Out date machines
I learned various softwares and Laws that enables a claimant to receive benefits. My Co-workers were all hard working individuals that can be effective and accurate during extreme levels.
Perfect place to get trained, excellent.
Compliance Officer - Construction Safety (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule, Paid holidays, Vacations, Sick time, Personal time
It is interesting at the end of the day when someone says thank you for either the information you passed accross or for not choosing to look the other way after seeing a hazard.
protective
Student Employee (Former Employee), Woodstock, MDJune 18, 2015
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: short breaks
the enjoyable part of the job was getting to know different people. I got to work with so many different personalities and people from different places. I got to become a better person inside and out.
Productive work place
installing receptacles
installing switches
great youth program
Career Technical Training Manager (Current Employee), Long BeachJune 9, 2015
Cons: contract renewal every 5 years
Great program that employs dedicated staff. Provides life skill training that allows youth to become productive members of society.
Productive and very informative workplace.
Electrician Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 3, 2015
I always look forward to a new day at work for Department of Labor. Its exciting to learn something new everyday. I wasn't learning just electrical work. My managers cross-train me so I learned some plumbing, facility maintenance, and little carpentry. Co-workers are helpful and respectful. Enjoyed working with so many different people.
OSHA Enforcement
Compliance Safety and Health Officer - GS09 (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 16, 2015
Typically, work was either field based or administrative. A lot of the job involved multi-tasking efforts between inspections and office duties.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, SCMay 14, 2015
Pros: The State
Cons: Healthcare
The management staff was not understanding at all. not a good experience for me at all.. I didn't enjoy this department at all. Very poorly managed, and the training was terrible for me.. this wasn't a very good learning environment
Productive place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Job location
Cons: Salary
Loved working here due to the job location near metro and different food places. Enjoyed the people and the flexibility of the agency.
Productive fun place to work
Electrician Trainee (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 27, 2015
1) Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.

2) Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.

3) Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.

4) Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.

5) Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.

6) Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
Learned a lot
Office Administration Intern (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 26, 2015
I learned mostly everything I needed to learn in order to work in a office setting workplace. I learned about switchboard and how it worked. I enjoyed picking up the phone to give information about job corps to others.
Produtuctive
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Trenton, NJMarch 17, 2015
Greeting customers also answering incoming calls, making outgoing calls and processing checks. Organizing office supplies while making sure hey were in stock. Data entry which had to make a certain quota a day
Very helpful
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: i got a good education
Cons: wild students
I attended Potomac Job Corps Center in Washington, DC. Its a very helpful program that DOL offers and I will graduating this month.
very good
Culinary Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no money
everything was great the people when we had events and chef was a awesome leader to help us learn from it was cool. I was free but it help us learn ore about the trade i was in and being around so many different people was kind of interesting because we got to cook food they liked and food from there state and city.
A great learning experience
Veteran Representative (Current Employee), Vineland, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Working for the Department of Labor it has challege me, inspired me to work harder, and want more for myself and career. I really worked hard to serve Veterans and the general customer with thier career opportunities.