Department of Labor Employee Reviews

it was a great experience
Hotel and Lodging Trainee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2016
I learned alot , i met alot of amazing people, I became better at things that i needed improvement in.it was a great place to work at.
Nothing was never getting done on time
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at work was good other then when you have people in the office and they was in there the day before and my co-workers tell them that they fixed the problem and they didn't so now I would have to deal with it I learned that when u have something to do you do it on time cause my co-workers cause had lots of work to be done and they didn't do and was looking for me to fix the problem also the voice mails was full and nothing was never checked the most enjoyable part was helping the people I gained a lot
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
health care
Profitable company
Facility Maintenance Trainee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2015
I learn HVAC with maintenance workers I learn furniture and they are easy people to work with them. The hardest part of the job is replace big filters in a basement other than that most of the job is easy.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
healthcare
productive and fun work place
Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Fast paced work environment with very knowledgeable employees. Not much variety in my day to day tasks, but still a great experience.
skills
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, MDNovember 16, 2015
The Department of Labor gave me all the skills I feel I need to be successful in the field I want to be in which is engineering.
Beautiful place to work in the heart of Washinton DC
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2015
A relaxed, fun and very knowledgeable working environment with great day to day activities and co-workers at the workplace alike!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Some days were more busy than others.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 6, 2015
On a day to day basis i had the opportunity to greet the different kinds of clients that came into the Department of Labor to seek help from the workers. It was enjoyable to interact with the clients with wether they needed assistance or needed to be escorted to the bathroom or simply out the building foor the day.
Great experience
Plumbing Trainee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2015
My experience at Potomac Job Corps was beneficial. I studied in the Plumbing trade and gained my high school diploma. Though rough at times, I stuck with the pre-apprenticeship program and earned my plumbing certification.
fun workplace
Hotel and Lodging Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2015
I typically attended my Trade Training class daily, Where i Obtained my specialized training in the hospitality industry.I met amazing people there and I definitely learned alot.
Great Start
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2015
Great start right out of college. Interning for this agency was a blessing financially and bigger blessing in helping me to build my foundation in the work world. The pay was great for a college grad and the experience prepared me for my future work life.
Pros
Work environment, Pay, location
wonderful
Project Uplift Volunteer Program (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 18, 2015
Job readiness program. For those looking to start off fresh in the world of jobs you must look into this program. Resume building, career advancement, internship.
Students are an absolute joy
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 17, 2015
I love being able to able to give back my wisdom, guidance, and knowledge to a community of students, daily. The staff is full of individuals who believe in teamwork, ethics, and morals.
I enjoyed working as a Fiscal Assistant for theDepartment of Labor.
Fiscal Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 8, 2015
Get to know a little bit about the way bills for the state of Florida are paid. You get to talk over the phone to different people that work for the Department of Labor about various bill that they think have not been paid.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, MDOctober 6, 2015
Department of Labor is a good program because it helps with starting your future. Although it has great benefits there are some ups and downs that you have to deal with.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
Short breaks, not allowed to use electronic devices during the training day, and Curfew for adults
Time consuming, but smooth an easy
Culinary Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2015
The only way to explain my time at the Department of Labor is a great experience and even better training. I work not only with those who work in this department but also their children who where learning right under them.
work hard to catch up on backlogs. Got trained in my Osha -500 class
Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  safety & health division enforcementSeptember 29, 2015
Worked with employers on safety of workers for the process of their worker's permit to work in a US teritories of Saipan checked on the est.working and living conditons that the employer provided for workes that met with Osha rules of every work status.
Pros
great fun
Cons
suck to be furloughed
Good work life balance
Wage and Hour Specialist, GS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2015
The pay is not great but the work life balance is great. work load is not too much. work life is not too stress. management is supportive, coworkers are great.
continual processing and great people
Filing Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 23, 2015
Log in, pull clients file, sort files, locate personal information and review each file, load files in cart from different units around the office, bring files to filing room, put away files, remove old files and bring them to be destroyed.
Pros
great experience in governmental paperwork and the work of a social worker
Cons
do not ove in rank to better and higher paying position
Established career path
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 15, 2015
I worked the Commonwealth of PA for 14.5 years and only left due to relocation to another state. Benefits were very good.
Great pay and benefits
Procurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Norton VASeptember 8, 2015
I have enjoyed working for the Department of Labor. I have also enjoyed working with all my co-workers and they will be greatly missed.

4.2