Department of Labor

Department of Labor Employer Reviews

Review
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: meetinggs
a typical day at the bureau of labor statistics was rewarding. I worked with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was when i retired.
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 9, 2014
A very good company where information was productive and a team which is very supportive
Exciting, Agile Environment, Productive
Performance Tester (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 9, 2014
• Involved in Performance testing of some client deliveries for performance requirements using LoadRunner 9.5.
• Developed LoadRunner 9.5 test scripts according to test specifications and requirements.
• Wrote user-define functions to validate and to run Load and Performance test successfully using Vu Gen of Load Runner .
• Involved in generating Vuser – more... in Load Runner for performance testing, and load testing of the application in various Loads.
• Using LoadRunner, executed multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and other features of the LoadRunner Controller .
• Used LoadRunner controller to create scenarios, and analyzed the test results.
• Analyzed system requirements and developed Test plans, Test cases for Functional, GUI and Regression Testing.
• Generated test plans, test scripts, test execution and test strategy with the team.
• Executed Manual Test Cases and verified results with Expected results.
• Involved in 508 Testing
• Responsible for QA status in release meetings.
• Used Quality Center for preparing the test case and for tracking defects. – less
Good working environment
DISABILITY CLAIMS EXAMINER (Current Employee), Trenton, NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Meeting suspense's in a timely manner. Learned policies of the job and informing claimant's of the policies. Co-workers easy to get along with...Management created good working environment. Enjoyed learning new procedures.
great work environment
Test Automation Developer (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 11, 2014
A big part of my day is dealing with bug reports - making sure they have enough detail for developers to understand, going back to users with workarounds or questions about browsers, setup etc. Finally making sure bugs reports have the right priority and adding them in to the work backlog (yep, we're talking agile here).

Next priority is making sure – more... I know what's coming up, talking to the product managers, tech leads (lead developers), designers and being part of acceptance criteria (requirements) creation. Using this info to write tests plans before development is complete.

Next up its releases, I make sure all releases are passing our release acceptance criteria (currently a set of tests). Sometimes I test them but other times I've worked with the developers so they know what to test. New features are tested (and earlier I would have written a test plan).

Strategy gets squeezed in when there is time - reviewing how tools are working for us, reading books, blogs, STC etc. Coming up with new ideas to make things faster and less buggy – less
Productive Workplace
Student/Worker (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 6, 2014
At the worksites that I have encountered were pretty bare in a carefree environment and it just wasn't for me.
PRODUCTIVE AND CHALLENGING WORKPLACE
INTERN (Current Employee), Trenton, NJOctober 28, 2014
I ENJOY CLERICAL WORK THAT ALLOWS ME TO USE MY INSTINCTS TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY.
Hard Working Employee
Worker (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2014
I worked very hard to complete the tasks that needed to be done.
Department of Labor helps a tremendous amount of youth get their lives on the right track.
Human Services Aide (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: very many trades and programs to complete and be successful.
Cons: very easy to get home sick which can become a distraction.
Job Corps was a tremendous life changer for me. I helped me create some independence in my life and helped me to be confident In decisions I had to make as an adult.
excellent work environment helps enhance job training skills
Class Foreman (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: teaches you about your trade
Cons: excellent job training program
Job Corp was an excellent job trang program. I recieved many certification. and receive lots of job training and interviewing skills as well.
productive workplace with great managment
ETA Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, hour break, more than enough work space
Cons: because i was an intern, potential growth was not given.
Enjoyed every moment of this position. Everything was paced perfectly, and my co-workers respected my time.
Productive, pleasant community atmosphere
Labor Law Enforcement Officer II/On-Staff Mediator (Current Employee), New Castle, DESeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, free parking
Cons: no cost of living increases, pay raises, no fitness club
Job stability and benefits are good, however opportunity for educational and advancement opportunities are limited. Great opportunity for community service and productivity.
Assisting children in school
Worker's Comp Claims Examiner (DOL) (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: helping children learn
Cons: no advancement opportunity
I did various jobs, school bus driver, Bridge Program, and Teacher's Aid. A typical day was shuffling children to/from school, grading papers, helping them understand assignments.
Good place to work - overall
Senior Business/Security Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: developed good relationships
Cons: clear separation between feds and contractors
Great place to work and learned a lot. For the most part, enjoyed the people I worked with and the environment was fair.
fun
Sacramento JobCorps Trainee (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2014
landscaping, fun, exiciting, really good, plant trees, plant flowers, install irrigation.
productive environment, open to change and growth
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, VASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, teamwork environment, and excellent communication skills
Cons: being in a hospital environment, busy, but justified.
taught from the beginning, in the mindset of the management team, that gives employees the opportunity to put themselves in management's shoes, when it comes to everyday lab decisions, and better understand policies in place, and preventative measures.
Co-workers know what is expected of them, and we know what it takes to get the job done, and less – more... negativity from management, because we keep each other in check. At the end of the shift, all work is done, and not lefted for others to do, next shift, unless provider has been notified, and requested delay of labs. – less
Goal Oriented Environment
Assistant District Director (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: high turnover
Fast pased team environment. Management conducted weekly staff meetings, locally and quarterly to mid-year training.
Learn
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2014
Responsibility to serve as a student trainee participating in a training program for the computer science field requiring both on-the-job training and training at an accredited college receiving clear, detailed and specific instructions from the supervisor or higher graded employees. Maintain effective working relationships. Administrative Support; – more... Ensures that incoming and out coming reports, documents, and correspondences are delivered and received by the established or requested due date. Assist in maintenance information on the web pages pertaining to OCFO. Also provides assistance to new initiatives and other duties as assigned. Complete all directed training. – less
It was a learning experience.
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), St. ThomasAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at work was very interesting. I was a undergraduate student working at Department of Labor. I learned that there is always room for improvement personally and professionally. Organizations have room for improvement as well. The hardest part of the job was juggling school, an internship, and a job all at once.
Center Standard Officer is the discipline officer (principal) over student behavior
Center Standard Incentive Officer (Current Employee), Flint, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: working with at-risk youth tto obtain their high school diploma, ged
Cons: i have to run board level hearing to separate students from the porgrams.
Center Standard Officer is a person that take care of the behavior on Campus. Center Standard Officer conduct investigation, Broad level hearing to separated students from the program for discipline reason.

1 2 3 4 5