Department of Labor

Department of Labor Employer Reviews

productive environment, open to change and growth
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, VASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, teamwork environment, and excellent communication skills
Cons: being in a hospital environment, busy, but justified.
taught from the beginning, in the mindset of the management team, that gives employees the opportunity to put themselves in management's shoes, when it comes to everyday lab decisions, and better understand policies in place, and preventative measures.
Co-workers know what is expected of them, and we know what it takes to get the job done, and less – more... negativity from management, because we keep each other in check. At the end of the shift, all work is done, and not lefted for others to do, next shift, unless provider has been notified, and requested delay of labs. – less
Goal Oriented Environment
Assistant District Director (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: high turnover
Fast pased team environment. Management conducted weekly staff meetings, locally and quarterly to mid-year training.
Learn
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2014
Responsibility to serve as a student trainee participating in a training program for the computer science field requiring both on-the-job training and training at an accredited college receiving clear, detailed and specific instructions from the supervisor or higher graded employees. Maintain effective working relationships. Administrative Support; – more... Ensures that incoming and out coming reports, documents, and correspondences are delivered and received by the established or requested due date. Assist in maintenance information on the web pages pertaining to OCFO. Also provides assistance to new initiatives and other duties as assigned. Complete all directed training. – less
It was a learning experience.
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), St. ThomasAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at work was very interesting. I was a undergraduate student working at Department of Labor. I learned that there is always room for improvement personally and professionally. Organizations have room for improvement as well. The hardest part of the job was juggling school, an internship, and a job all at once.
Center Standard Officer is the discipline officer (principal) over student behavior
Center Standard Incentive Officer (Current Employee), Flint, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: working with at-risk youth tto obtain their high school diploma, ged
Cons: i have to run board level hearing to separate students from the porgrams.
Center Standard Officer is a person that take care of the behavior on Campus. Center Standard Officer conduct investigation, Broad level hearing to separated students from the program for discipline reason.
A summary of my life as a plumber
Plumbing Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: residental plumbing
Cons: resturant plumbing
im very productive in the work environment. im productive and could be a great leader. But most importantly I love my trade and what I do.
Program anaylst (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 6, 2014
I work customer service and help with personnel forms I do data entry and submit for forms for promotions
Working with Government is always best way!
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 2, 2014
Very nice environment and very cool people. Enjoyed working there.
fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Albion, NYAugust 1, 2014
it was a fast and steady job alway busy and i liked that.it also kept me out of trouble the workers was nice and every body got along
Migrating/Reimanging machines from windows xp to windows 7
IT Technician/Software Support (Current Employee), Washington, D.C.July 11, 2014
We would take multiple PCs and upgrade the operating systems in them. Then once that process was complete we would post. Meaning take the computers back their office set them up, hook up the drives, printers, and make sure all of their information repopulated. Worked on up 30 PCs a day. Hard and long work hours but a friendly and understanding work – more... environment. – less
A Typical day at work
Office Administrator Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2014
Pros: holiday's off
Cons: there are none
Classify information according to content or purpose, communicated progress, conducted conferences, develop instructional material.
a typical day at work
Porter/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
• Worked one-on-one with clients to resolve building maintenance issues
• Received Certificate of Recognition for dedicated service to the company
• Oversaw other maintenance workers and handled confidential documents
• Corresponded with managers from different companies to expedite service and maintenance requests
Facilities/Maintenance Worker January – more... 2004-December 2010
• Cleaned building floors by sweeping, mapping, scrubbing and vacuuming
• Washed and treated surfaces using appropriate supplies and cleaners
• Reported any damages or hazardous areas with loose wires broken glass or other items – less
Hectic, Obnoxious, Educational, Exciting
Trainee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2014
Pros: housing, food, education
Cons: staff member hit a student, mice, bugs, foul language
Every day at Paul Simon Chicago Job corps was different. There was always something to do. Some of the staff was over barring and rude but its easy to overcome.
very quiet office setting
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), san francisco, caMay 23, 2014
This was an internship at our corporate office. I was a student intern. I learned a lot, the staff were very nice and taught me a lot of what I know today. A typical day was spent on the computer or at the desk maintaining information, taking calls and file management.
Good company
Contractor-Provider Outreach Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 16, 2014
Good Company and room for growth. Excellent FOR THE LEARNER
Required Consistent, High Quality Work
Case Processing Analyst Team Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 16, 2014
Great work environment. Building often hosted events for all employees as did the Department Agency. Job required attention to detail, focus, and a high quality work day in and day out, so the extra-curricular activities were always a nice distraction.
Working at Job Corps is rewarding knowing that you have improved someone's life. At times it provides staff with great opportunites to retain student
Career Technical Education Manager Job Corps (Current Employee), Roswell, nmMay 4, 2014
Pros: nice low cost lunch available. support from other staff. working hours.
Cons: learner retension issues.
Working with other staff to teach, motivate, and model employment skills, academic and trade training for learners. As manager, I provided support and direction to instructors. Provided training and support to staff and students. Ensured that company goals and measures were met in my department.

Enjoyable part of job is seeing that learners are achieving – more... their learning goals. Helping people to succeed in the workplace. I enjoy maximizing my potential my utilizing all of my trade and educational experience to design a program that promotes learning.

The hardest part of this job is finding ways to retain learners to stay on task, meet their and the companies goals.

The management here understands the areas of opportunities that staff face in working with the learners. Team work is important here and we try to work together to get the job done in an environment where employees and learning are happy. This is important to me. – less
enjoyed it
Intern (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 17, 2014
Great peple great place, depressing how so manypeople are out of work
Fun Workplace
Hotel and Lodging Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2014
Worked at Potomac Job Corp. I was a student in training. It was a great place to work and study at. Staff were great to work with
Great classes and instructors
Trainee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Start Accountability.
Get to work on whatever is needed to get done. Take a lunch. Get back to work. Leave at four.

1 2 3 4 5