Department of Probation Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing work place with polite staff and bi weekly lunches
Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2016
Work day involves signing youths ages from 14-24 to apply for SYEP or Summer Youth Employment Program

The Probationary Process and what it entails

Understanding fun and able to accomodate me due to my other job

Fun exciting and knowledgable

Sometimes not having and clients or nothing to do at times

The atmosphere in which i would love to be apart of one day
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Slow days
I came here as a marketing representative and became a part of their vision
Liaison between Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 28, 2016
The Department of Probation {Neon} Bronx is a warm and welcoming place. They gave me the opportunity to mentor, mediate and be a part of their stakeholders. I facilitate groups as well as provide health insurance for the probationers. I look forward to coming to work all because of the warmness and family like facility
Pros
events most of time to give back to the community
Cons
more community involvement
Intern (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Nice environment to work in. I enjoyed seeing the other employers helping children who needed help after they got into trouble.
Productive workplace
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2016
All staff members learn something new everyday. You meet some interesting people. some cases can be difficult at times.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short breaks.
Great work enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 1, 2015
I love the Department of Probation because everyone was like a family instead of just Co-workers. While working for the company I was able to gain experience and to see how the Criminal Justice system worked from a Probation officer, Judge and other faculty standpoint. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Graining experience
Cons
I wasn't able to become permanent after my internship.
Very educational and poductive
*Intern* Bronx Family Intake Services (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 4, 2015
Not only do you get to help juvenile offenders try to get on a better path, but you also obtain the opportunity to learn so much. Interviewing families, reaching out to guardians, school staff, and program directors to ensure attendance is only the half of it. Never met such an amazing dedicated staff, and very pleasant.
Friendly Enviornment
Probation (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 25, 2015
Highly confidential workplace, where staff treat one another like family which helps aid staff in fulfilling their duties and accomplishing the agencies overall mission.
Pros
Skills and Experience Obtained
Cons
Encouraging field to further yourself and help youthful criminals.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
I loved working and interning at the Dept. of Probation with all the great people that were there to help the kids. It also got the kids on the straight and narrow path.
Productive and fun
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Learned how to use RCM, KIOSK
Staff are very friendly and helpful
Branch Chiefs are great and easy to talk to and they're always willing to help you.
This was a great experience for me, I didn't think I was going to love it as much as I do.
The probation officers are great to work with, they teach you how to do a report and put it into the system.
Interesting place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 5, 2013
A typical day working there was so much fun ! i loved every minute there . everyone was so welcoming and therewith open arms . they made me feel like i was apart of their family .coworkers were fun to work with . we had some fun times but at the end of the day we got our work done. i felt like i was in charge because my co-workers asked me many of questions . the hardest part of my job was when all the probationers had to be re-assigned a new probation officer.
Pros
working with probation officers
Cons
many of probationers
Internship position
Internship (Former Employee) –  Summersville, WVJune 4, 2012
This was an internship position. Was interesting to work in a Day Reporting Center. I helped plan classes for the probationers and assisted the center director. The most boring part of this position was answering the phones.
Productive and Fun work place.
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 12, 2013
I enjoy my day at work, I learn about different probationers cases, and what the P.O does. My supervisor always assign us work to do and we make sure we get it done. My co-workers are friendly, and we always team work.
Criminal justice good for entry level
Probation Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2012
Hardest part of the job was being locked up with the juveniles for 12 hours per day. The most enjoyable part was being a postive influence on the juvenile inmates.
it was a great experience
Junior Tech officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2013
the experience I gain from the Department of Probation was great
Productive and fun organization with a welcoming environment
Probation Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2014
A typical day at the NeON Unit consisted of entering and greeting all of the staff and participants of the program, I had the chose of either sitting in the office with one of the Branch Chief's or one of the Probation Officers and helping them with their case loads and/or sitting in on aninterview with their client and helping to decide what the final outcome should be regarding their clients. The NeON Unit also offers individuals who are currently on probation, who used to be on probation or just individuals who are not apart of the program obtain their G.E.D. Every Thursday afternoon from 1:00pm-3:00pm myself, the clients, the Branch Chiefs, the Probation Officers and anyone else who wants to join, we come together and write and share either poetry and/or skits, or stories with the entire organization on a microphone while being videotaped as graduation presents for the individuals who are or who have graduated from the G.E.D. program. I have learned not to judge a book by a cover, and what I mean by this is, I have come across a lot of the clients (probationers') who just need someone to talk too, listen to them and also guide them towards the right path in life. The management and my co-workers were very helpful and supportive of every single person that enter and left the program. The hardest part of the job was honestly leaving the program due to my semester ending, I met a lot of amazing people who have changed my life completely. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the clients graduate with their G.E.D.'s, listening to the entire organization shared their  more... peoms and inner most feelings and coming together as one to keep the peace and harmony within the organization, and lastly seeing the changes in a lot of the clients who are on probation make major changes towards bettering their lives.  less
Pros
welcoming environment, helpful workers, unity amongst every single person
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great job
IT Department Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2012
Great place to work. My co workers were very insightful and polite.

4.3