Department of Probation

Department of Probation Employer Reviews

Productive and fun organization with a welcoming environment
Probation Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 16, 2014
Pros: welcoming environment, helpful workers, unity amongst every single person
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical day at the NeON Unit consisted of entering and greeting all of the staff and participants of the program, I had the chose of either sitting in the office with one of the Branch Chief's or one of the Probation Officers and helping them with their case loads and/or sitting in on aninterview with their client and helping to decide what the final outcome should be regarding their clients. The NeON Unit also offers individuals who are currently on probation, who used to be on probation or just individuals who are not apart of the program obtain their G.E.D. Every Thursday afternoon from 1:00pm-3:00pm myself, the clients, the Branch Chiefs, the Probation Officers and anyone else who wants to join, we come together and write and share either poetry and/or skits, or stories with the entire organization on a microphone while being videotaped as graduation presents for the individuals who are or who have graduated from the G.E.D. program. I have learned not to judge a book by a cover, and what I mean by this is, I have come across a lot of the clients (probationers') who just need someone to talk too, listen to them and also guide them towards the right path in life. The management and my co-workers were very helpful and supportive of every single person that enter and left the program. The hardest part of the job was honestly leaving the program due to my semester ending, I met a lot of amazing people who have changed my life completely. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the clients graduate with their G.E.D.'s, listening to the entire organization shared their peoms and inner most feelings and coming together as one to keep the peace and harmony within the organization, and lastly seeing the changes in a lot of the clients who are on probation make major changes towards bettering their lives.
Interesting place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: working with probation officers
Cons: many of probationers
A typical day working there was so much fun ! i loved every minute there . everyone was so welcoming and therewith open arms . they made me feel like i was apart of their family .coworkers were fun to work with . we had some fun times but at the end of the day we got our work done. i felt like i was in charge because my co-workers asked me many of questions . the hardest part of my job was when all the probationers had to be re-assigned a new probation officer.
Productive and Fun work place.
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 12, 2013
I enjoy my day at work, I learn about different probationers cases, and what the P.O does. My supervisor always assign us work to do and we make sure we get it done. My co-workers are friendly, and we always team work.
it was a great experience
Junior Tech officer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2013
the experience I gain from the Department of Probation was great
Great job
IT Department Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2012
Great place to work. My co workers were very insightful and polite.
Internship position
Internship (Former Employee), Summersville, WVJune 4, 2012
This was an internship position. Was interesting to work in a Day Reporting Center. I helped plan classes for the probationers and assisted the center director. The most boring part of this position was answering the phones.
Criminal justice good for entry level
Probation Aide (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2012
Hardest part of the job was being locked up with the juveniles for 12 hours per day. The most enjoyable part was being a postive influence on the juvenile inmates.

May 29, 2013

Just wondering so the NY state probation officer trainee is a civil service position ? and after your trainee period what happens thanks so much