Department Of Public Health Employee Reviews

Quiet workplace
Assist Specialist in the Woman (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 10, 2017
They had very friendly staff. Work days went by fast and they had a vending machine. I had a nice time working with everyone. The customers were great as wel.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
good
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 31, 2017
good benefits and job. This 150 characters required per job should not be mandatory just to vreate an account. We don't always have so many words for each job
Great place to work.
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Working for the Health Department is a great place to work but no room for advancement. i will provide more information upon request. Great people to work with, they are very flexible.
Its a great working enviorment as well getting to know about all the departments in the buildings of what there for and all there purpose.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guam, MOJanuary 11, 2017
It was interesting when I applied for this job, because I got to learn and experience new things, working in the office or out on the field every day I go to work I learn something new.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Terrific environment in which to work
UC Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2016
Ga. DPH was a great atmosphere in which to work. There are many employees oriented programs. The worksite wellness team creates an atmosphere of competition to promote health. It is a great place to work...
Great people to work with
Behavioral Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2016
This organization was great to work for. I really enjoyed working for this organization but unfortunately they have since closed their doors for good.
Pros
good location
Cons
minimal compensation
High Job Security, Low Pay & Limited Advancement
EHS (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2016
The flexible paid time off, high job security and decent benefits are good. The below average pay, insufficient resources, micromanagement & limited advancement are the main downsides.
Outstanding agencies
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atmore, ALJuly 25, 2016
A typical day involved the intake and processing of patients in public health. Assessing eligibility for services. Receiving monies for service. Input patient's data into computer and filed records in appropriate area. Co-workers were great, relaxed atmosphere. The hardest part of job occurred when received bad diagnoses.
Pros
Great inaction with patients.
Cons
Irate patients
Proactive
Screeing and Registeration Section of Refugees. (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 2, 2016
To smooth the path for Glendale Community Health Center and process the screening and registration for Refugees. Being tri-lignual and jump out of my place willingly to assist public.
Pros
Being close to where I live.
Cons
Not being able to excel my qualification as graduated (Masters) from Cal State of L.A.
Hands On Position
Community Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 11, 2015
You work constantly with the public to improve health and wellness among communities. I think we are definitely leaders in the public health sector.
It was not a pleasant Department to work in.
Dept. of Public Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 19, 2015
I did my work to the best of my ability, and enjoyed my coworkers. It was a hard Department to get any type of Promotion and after 7 years of waiting I got out and have not looked back. It was too micromanaged and the work environment was not good. Prayers got me through every day and onto a better plan in life.
Pros
Cons
micromanaged, not a good work area
Dental Hygiene for General Public
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 4, 2015
I worked at the Dental Health Clinic for two months last summer for school. I was building my resume while still in school. I was working Monday through Thursday for school hours as a student. Working there as a Dental Assistant really made me excited to actually find work as a paid DA for the future. I filed charts, checked in patients, set up x-rays, prepped and cleaned rooms, assisted the dentist with minor dental surgeries. It was a good experience working with patients of all ages. They only down fall about the job was that it was for school and I wasn't getting paid. Other than that I really enjoyed the experience.
Pros
learning hands on job experience
Cons
practicum student, no pay
Department of Public Health
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 22, 2015
It was a wonderful job I was just young when I got this job and mak\de some very poor decisions. I wish I could get this job back bu they are on hiring freeze at the moment
Administrative, Labor Liason
Utility maintenance coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 11, 2015
Being associated with many levels of operations and personal. Director of Public Health, Mayors office, San Francisco General and Laguna Honda Hospitals and Public Clinics.
Pros
Understanding city politics
Cons
Unhealthy enviroments
First Time
Processing Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 7, 2015
This was my first job in the medical field and I fell in love from day one. I gained a lot of experience by working in the different clinics on the military bases in Hawaii.
Fun and Knowledgeable
Tuberculosis (TB) Medical Records Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2015
Fun, loving, Caring, and knowledgeable place to work. You gain the experience you need. I enjoy working with my colleagues, because they display teamwork
Pros
learning experience as well as friendly
Cons
n/a
I am interested to work a job for inspiration.
High Volume Cook (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 2, 2015
Great company and cooking staff. I learned a lot from the team members for recipe building and delivery of delicious Thai meals.
Productive and awsome work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario CaAugust 6, 2015
Daily Duties would include: Rooming patients, vitals, wound care, ear lavage, assisting the Physician, Refferals, Blood Draws, Multiple specialtys, Room Sanitization, Procedure setup, Answer Phones, Filling.
Nothing to say.
Associate Governmental Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2015
I really do not know what to say. Working for the State of California used to be very excellent and rewarding now not so much.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Moderate Job Security
Cons
Lack of public respect due to being public employees.
Love it
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working for these people, they were very organized and kept me informed on positions that were available. I worked with several recruiters and all were super nice!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department Of Public Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2