Department of State

Department of State Employer Reviews

Working as a team
OFFICE Clerk/Case Speaclist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: i was reconized for my trustworthy quick thinking for the return of the pii information
Cons: no room for advancement do to being a contractor
One morning arrived at work and was being trained wasn't sure of how to completed the data entry and my co-worker took time out of what her job duties were to assist me.

The hardest part was my supervior was absent this day and she stepped in to assist me.

I took my break at 10:15am and found some information that should have not been outside of our – more... office and return it to my Department Manager. – less
Great Workplace
FOIA Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2014
• Valued by supervisors for having a strong commitment to the department’s/companies missions, goals and objectives.
Informative and a great learning experience.
Iraq Desk Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2014
I learned a lot and enjoyed working with the other employees tremendously.
Very boring
Office Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2014
Not a good place to start your career due to racism. A typical work day consist of countless needless meetings, co workers are not very friendly, the most enjoyable part of the job is departing at then end of the day.
Stable and nice environment to work in
VISA ASSISTANT US. CONSULATE GENERAL (Former Employee), Al Khobar, S04September 3, 2014
Likeed working there and the staff are amazing, the rotation of the daily tasks and stability are amazing
It was alright.
State Daycare Provider (Former Employee), lees summit, moAugust 27, 2014
I didn't like that fact that I was only paid once a month and didn't like the state knowing all of my business but they did pay appropriatly and always on time.
Awesome!
Budget/ Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 26, 2014
Great work environment. Truly enjoyed the time employed there.
US Embassy
IT Manager (Former Employee), US Embassy KabulAugust 17, 2014
US Embassy was a great place, i learned a lot and build my career,
Loyal
Senior Training Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 8, 2014
Working at the State Department and doing a good job! Creates a sense of loyalty and gratitude from most supervisors. A great reward for doing a good job.
Check in with my boss
Sr. Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 19, 2014
Learning the role as a Procurement Analyst or contract specialist was very important. We worked together as a team but each individual had there own role to play in keeping data organized, correct and making sure we reported things when they didn't look right. We felt like the men who played there part overseas were in our hands because any error on – more... our behalf could of cost them there life. We were responsible for keeping monies on track, equipment in its rightful places and many more responsibility came with the job but as we completed our daily challenges we had fun as well. – less
Enjoyable,exciting,interesting
Registered Nurse Medicaid program (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: not enough contact with co-workers
The overall work experience,has really been rewarding as a whole..Due to the fact,most of the work is done in the pt.'s home,contact with co-workers is/was limited...I enjoy working for the State of Wisconsin..The department that I work for is mainly affiliated with the Medicaid program...The main objective is care for the disabled residents of Wisconsin,who – more... ,thru no fault of their own,needs both personal and supportive care.Until such time is that they can assume care for themselves...I learned that people can take care of others and it can be rewarding,with or without compensation..Management,is available as needed... – less
Productive and enjoyed working here
Cashier Supervisor & Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), 1919 Smith St. Houston TX 77002July 8, 2014
Verified cash, checks and charges that are collected daily. Performed unaanounced cash audit, managed schedules and verified funds that are being deposited.
A diverse work force with top-notch credentials.
Senior Foreign Service Officer (Former Employee), Washington D.C.July 3, 2014
Pros: extensive international travel.
Cons: stressful work conditions in many foreign countries.
I enjoyed working for DOS from day one. It is one of the most important government agencies in the federal government.
oK
Data Center Support Technician (Former Employee), Washington D.CJune 27, 2014
COMPANY WAS GOOD BUT WAS NO GROWTH IN THE COMPANY AND I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO MOVE UP ONCE IT GET SOME CERTS AND MY DEGREE
Great place to work.
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 13, 2014
Pros: i receive annual and sick leave
Cons: healthcare
I would rather be working as a full time employee than a contractor.
Enjoyed the fast pace
Supervisor /Order Pulling (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2014
Pros: discount on product
Cons: very long hours
Getting product packed correctly
how to program equipment
wasn't as professional
good people to work with
The 14 to 16 hour per day
Learning about the new product that was received daily
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Bowie, MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: long term employment
Cons: no upward mobility
I would have to say the people are a family away from home. People really do genually care for each other and have passion for doing a job well done. Yes like any job there are differences of opinion but never to the point that the job does not get completed.
High Pressure work environment with good benefits
Procurement and Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2014
Pros: excellent healthcare
Cons: leadership
A typical day involves putting out fires and dealing with high pressure scenarios.
Learned about Logistics and Procurement.
Management is fast to point the finger, slow to solve underlying issues.
The hardest part of the job is the beauracracy involved with simple tasks.
Most enjoyable part of the job are the benefits including but not limited to: Travel, – more... insurance, pay. – less
Top Federal employer
Enterprise Solution Architect (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 28, 2014
Great place to work! Unlimited amount of training available
nice place to work at
Contractual Facilities & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 18, 2014
o obtain an entry level platform position comparable to expertise with over (13) thirteen years of experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in facilities and logistical management services. Not limited to include a diversity of skills in computer networking hardware and software technical and analytical applications. Impeccable outstanding customer – more... service skills. Proven track record of team leader and team player. Top Secret Clearance – less

1 2 3 4 5