Department of State

Department of State Employer Reviews

Stable and nice environment to work in
VISA ASSISTANT US. CONSULATE GENERAL (Former Employee), Al Khobar, S04September 3, 2014
Likeed working there and the staff are amazing, the rotation of the daily tasks and stability are amazing
It was alright.
State Daycare Provider (Former Employee), lees summit, moAugust 27, 2014
I didn't like that fact that I was only paid once a month and didn't like the state knowing all of my business but they did pay appropriatly and always on time.
Awesome!
Budget/ Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 26, 2014
Great work environment. Truly enjoyed the time employed there.
US Embassy
IT Manager (Former Employee), US Embassy KabulAugust 17, 2014
US Embassy was a great place, i learned a lot and build my career,
Loyal
Senior Training Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 8, 2014
Working at the State Department and doing a good job! Creates a sense of loyalty and gratitude from most supervisors. A great reward for doing a good job.
Check in with my boss
Sr. Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 19, 2014
Learning the role as a Procurement Analyst or contract specialist was very important. We worked together as a team but each individual had there own role to play in keeping data organized, correct and making sure we reported things when they didn't look right. We felt like the men who played there part overseas were in our hands because any error on our behalf could of cost them there life. We were responsible for keeping monies on track, equipment in its rightful places and many more responsibility came with the job but as we completed our daily challenges we had fun as well.
Enjoyable,exciting,interesting
Registered Nurse Medicaid program (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: not enough contact with co-workers
The overall work experience,has really been rewarding as a whole..Due to the fact,most of the work is done in the pt.'s home,contact with co-workers is/was limited...I enjoy working for the State of Wisconsin..The department that I work for is mainly affiliated with the Medicaid program...The main objective is care for the disabled residents of Wisconsin,who ,thru no fault of their own,needs both personal and supportive care.Until such time is that they can assume care for themselves...I learned that people can take care of others and it can be rewarding,with or without compensation..Management,is available as needed...
Productive and enjoyed working here
Cashier Supervisor & Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), 1919 Smith St. Houston TX 77002July 8, 2014
Verified cash, checks and charges that are collected daily. Performed unaanounced cash audit, managed schedules and verified funds that are being deposited.
A diverse work force with top-notch credentials.
Senior Foreign Service Officer (Former Employee), Washington D.C.July 3, 2014
Pros: extensive international travel.
Cons: stressful work conditions in many foreign countries.
I enjoyed working for DOS from day one. It is one of the most important government agencies in the federal government.
oK
Data Center Support Technician (Former Employee), Washington D.CJune 27, 2014
COMPANY WAS GOOD BUT WAS NO GROWTH IN THE COMPANY AND I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO MOVE UP ONCE IT GET SOME CERTS AND MY DEGREE
Great place to work.
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 13, 2014
Pros: i receive annual and sick leave
Cons: healthcare
I would rather be working as a full time employee than a contractor.
Enjoyed the fast pace
Supervisor /Order Pulling (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2014
Pros: discount on product
Cons: very long hours
Getting product packed correctly
how to program equipment
wasn't as professional
good people to work with
The 14 to 16 hour per day
Learning about the new product that was received daily
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Bowie, MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: long term employment
Cons: no upward mobility
I would have to say the people are a family away from home. People really do genually care for each other and have passion for doing a job well done. Yes like any job there are differences of opinion but never to the point that the job does not get completed.
High Pressure work environment with good benefits
Procurement and Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2014
Pros: excellent healthcare
Cons: leadership
A typical day involves putting out fires and dealing with high pressure scenarios.
Learned about Logistics and Procurement.
Management is fast to point the finger, slow to solve underlying issues.
The hardest part of the job is the beauracracy involved with simple tasks.
Most enjoyable part of the job are the benefits including but not limited to: Travel, insurance, pay.
Top Federal employer
Enterprise Solution Architect (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 28, 2014
Great place to work! Unlimited amount of training available
nice place to work at
Contractual Facilities & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 18, 2014
o obtain an entry level platform position comparable to expertise with over (13) thirteen years of experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in facilities and logistical management services. Not limited to include a diversity of skills in computer networking hardware and software technical and analytical applications. Impeccable outstanding customer service skills. Proven track record of team leader and team player. Top Secret Clearance
Stepping stone towards future goals and oppurtunities
Diplomatic Security Special Agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 15, 2014
The Department of State is a pleasant and diverse place to work for. Filled with new daily experiences, working here has been one of the best opportunities I could ever ask for.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Ingleside, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: figured out what i wanted to do with my life.
Cons: hurry up and wait.
This job was very beneficial. I learned of the ins and outs of the project management and engineering side of the offshore platform business.
Deterred Criminals
District of Columbia, Diplomatic Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 26, 2014
Cons: on your feet
Maintained order and deterred criminal activity in and around the Department of State headquarters and surrounding state department facilities. Responsible for maintaining safety and keeping a secure environment for customers and employees at the DOS by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. Responsible for completing reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses. Ensured operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Nice to interact with clients within the DoS as a contractor
Senior Program Coordinator/FSO (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 24, 2014
You hit the ground running as soon as you start your day. Sometimes you don't even have time to eat. This is as a contractor not a direct hire. Co-workers are all with another company but you always work as a team and as though from the same company.

Department of State Photos