Department of Transportation Employee Reviews

Quality Service to all levels of offices
Administrative Assistant Secretary (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2015
As administrative assistant to several government offices for 30 years, I have worked with many people. Our Oklahoma City FAA manager showed us how important it is to give quality assistance to everyone within your immediate office and quality assistance to all other offices. We all thrived on the positive attitudes. Personally, I had a great sense of accomplishment when I would complete a project and present it to the manager or to another office..
Great places to work with supportive management.
Serene Working Atmosphere
GIS Intern (Current Employee), Ames, IowaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: People are very friendly and considerate
Cons: Less Salary
A wonderful place to work with great people around. Less scope of personal growth, especially when you are working as a trainee.
Great Place to Work
Management & Program Analyst, GS-14 (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 20, 2015
I enjoy working here. The management is great, I'm able to work interdependently and the workload is reasonable. I would recommend this job to others.
Clerk Assistant
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 17, 2015
• Filed correspondence
• Greet and assisted visitors in a courteous manner
• Answered phones in a courteous manner
• Recorded messages accurately
• Directed calls and respond to inquiries
• Scheduled appointments for meeting and reserved conference rooms
• Provided information in general nature.
• Compiled and maintained records of business transactions and office activities of establishment, performed variety of following or similar clerical duties and utilizing knowledge of systems or procedures: Copied data and compiled records and reports.
• Managed confidential information.
Reasonable
Inspector III/Scan Technician (Current Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 14, 2015
Office setting with high computer usage. The management I would describe as typical but fair and understanding. the only thing I disagree with is the ability for advancement!
I learned there is a lot involved with installing and removing non-working or new streetlights and what it takes to clean city streets in the winter.
Data Entry Operator II (Current Employee), Baltimore MDJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Work was straightforward.
Cons: Not enough to keep me busy throughout the day.
Nice place to work but little room to grow. By it beingCity employment, I had to take tests, get on lists and wait for a call for an interview. So the process of advancement for me was pretty slow.
Heavy workload with aggressive advancement potential if you want to move to Colorado
(DOT) Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland MSJuly 8, 2015
Review DQ files while answering DOT questions from locations across the country. We have built a great team in the DOT office and will miss each of them as we are transitioned to new businesses.
A Good place to work
Director of Civil Rights (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: I worked in a new building that was easy to commute to.
Cons: More resources were needed.
A typical work day was busy. I was responsible for all the aspects of the civil rights division at my agency. I learned how to successfully prioritize my work so that the most pressing work got done first.

I worked with management successfully so that they knew what their responsibilities were in regard to workplace civil rights concerns. Other managers were my co-workers and I learned how to schedule my time with them to best get tasks done. The most enjoyable part of my job was when employees and managers were able to work out their differences and not file complaints. I accomplished this by utilizing mediation.
Careless for their employees
Air Traffic Controller Trainee (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2015
They don't care for their employees .
Their return rate is really high and they take it out of their employees commission
The managers stress their employees out so bad to very tough points..
One of my favorite places I have worked
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Bend, OR 97701June 26, 2015
Pros: able to come and go as needed. Questions got answered within a timely matter.
Cons: I was not able to get insurance there
I enjoyed working for ODOT. I worked with all different types of people. When ever I needed anything, like a new computer I had it pretty much the next day. ODOT is a place you could advance in. I learned a lot of things working there. My co-workers and I made a great team.
This is a great place to work. Great people and lots of opportunities.
Management and Program Analyst (FV-343-H) (Current Employee), Renton, WAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Coffee shop and Gym located in building
Cons: Constantly changing resources
A typical work day begins early with a long commute and beginning work at 6 a.m. I check all emails since the day before and then begin running reports to ensure there are no issues with schedule or budgets for all projects that I monitor for the Western Service Area.

During my time at the FAA I have had many opportunities to strengthen my leadership skills. I love helping others succeed so obtaining a management position is in my future.

My direct management is great to work with. My recent manager really cared about her team, knew the business of the FAA and what our team is all about and allowed us to succeed. The majority of my co-workers are also great. There is such a great feeling of inclusion at the Service Center.

The hardest part of my job is probably that all the tools we use don't talk to one another so there is a lot of repetition in our work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team members and knowing I have a part in keeping the flying public safe.
Great job to have
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Tecumseh KSJune 23, 2015
Pros: I felt good about a job well done at the end of the day.
Cons: There was nothing that I did not like about this job.
I would to in to work every morning and post payments. Around 9:00 I would go the post office and pick up the mail which included the payments. Then I would take them back to the office, open the payments, organize them so I could post them, post them. That would take most of the day. Then I would run all the daily reports and distribute them to all of my bosses. I loved my job with Central Mortgage Co. The people their were great to me. The most enjoyable part of my job was the whole job. I loved everything about it.
Very Positive
Safety Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
I loved being apart of the branch in the District of Columbia Government. I ha d a lot of fun with the other employees we took our job very seriously and we achieved each project productively.
Efficient
Air Traffic Control Training Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2015
The DoT takes the responsibility of keeping the skies safe very seriously. It shows. Thorough and efficient vetting and training preocess
Effective Government Organization.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 17, 2015
Pros: Independent Scheduling
Cons: Disparity in district workload
Schedule maintained on own. Teach and educate officers on evidential procedures. 7 coordinators statewide, 2 supervisors in Madison.
Good place to work for, and to retire from
Labor Operator (Former Employee), Sebring Fla.June 17, 2015
The Department of Transportation, was a great place to work for, and I was sorry that I had to leave. I liked to work for the State of Florida.
Great staff, amazing learning expereince
Office of Acquisitions and Grants Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2015
Typical day included new things each day, but also had daily projects. The staff was amazing they were extremely helpful.
Great company, just one problem
PIPELINE SAFETY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2015
not willing to support telecommuting. So if you want to work at a company that has a great culture and people it is great to work there. Telecommuting is selective which is unfortunate.
love It
CLERICAL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: none
It is a great job with excellent benefits, and learn as you grow for they have training to help you improve in the company.
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2015
Wish they pay more and train more. People are very nice.
Enjoyed working for DOT.