Department of Transportation

Department of Transportation Employer Reviews

learning experiance
labor (Former Employee), everett waMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: temp
great place to work learned a lot great coworkers management were great hardest part of the job was it was only a temp job.learned how to be a labor. fencing. flagging, road work.
Government Agency
Regional Work Plan Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 26, 2015
What can you say you are working for a government agency. Challenging work if you want, or not. If you want to advance it is up to you. All positions must be bid on so promotions not a given. Every secure once in.
Air traffic service provider for the U.S
Manager of Tactical Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: gov't work
Extensive experience in air traffic control and air traffic management that spans operational, technical, and leadership functions. Expert with highly technical and evolving technology and concepts. This includes over 32 years of operating, managing, and leading in the complex New York metropolitan airspace and the Northeast U.S. Equally successful leading small, flexible teams and large, complex organizations.

Developed a data science lab to extract and interpret big data from over 100 sources of air traffic control, air traffic management, and weather programs spanning multiple networks of incongruent information. Expert in converging strategic, tactical, and results data into transformational operational strategies and programs.
Productive and fun place to work
Equipment Operator I (Former Employee), Georgetown, DEMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Vac/Sick Leave
Cons: Short Breaks
Day to day responsibility was busy and very productive. Received CDL Class B License, Flagger Certificate and DOT Certification.Enjoyed working with coworkers.
Great opportunity
Office of The Secretary (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: classes are free
Working for the Government has great oppourtunities and good benefits. I enjoy having the flexable work hours and telecommute programs.
Best Boss Jerry Ball!
Administrative Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: health and retirement benefits
Cons: lack of resources
Hardest part of the job was to ensure all Flight Service Station stayed within their budgets given.

The most enjoyable part of the job was Facilitation of Management and Air Traffic Controllers.
Very professional place.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 19, 2015
Cons: as with every job out there you will encounter negativity, but you make it what you want it to be and be an overcomer
I have been working at FAA full-time (more than a year). This work is not for the weak at heart. It will demand your best, but it will also welcome everything you offer.
Great Environment
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee), ColoradoMarch 15, 2015
DOT/FHWA is great place to work. It has an excellent HR department and does a good job in hiring and promoting within the Agency.
The hardest part of the job
Curtin Transportation (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTMarch 13, 2015
The Hardest part of the job is when a client get out of hand when we are sitting in traffic and they start to kick the seats in the car or a van so we have to talk to the client so we can make sure that he can not hurt the driver the aid and his self
Challenging and fun
Air Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee), Dupont, PAMarch 11, 2015
Great and challenging job. No one day is ever the same. The experiences achieved while working are beyond imagine. You build life long bonds with many co-workers in this intense and fast paced work environment.
Resistant to change. Inflexible. Inconsistent.
Computer Scientist V (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 11, 2015
Pros: made many attempts at team building.
Cons: communication between management and personnel was poor.
For the most part I worked independently. I was hired to "create" the position of Requirements Keeper. So, I basically had free rein. Attended status, Phase Gate and staff meetings on a regular basis.

Learned how to communicate in a less proactive fashion.

Observed a management style different from any I'd ever heard of or seen before.

Experienced a wide variety of challenging personalities and diverse cultures.

The hardest part of this job was doing my job without stepping on someones toes.

It was a small group, only 37 people. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with my co-workers.
I am a contractor for the FAA
Technical Support II\Windows System Administration (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2015
Poor planning & management all around and budgets are badly mishandled. We are dealt with differently, yet Tier 2 techs dominate the entire agency.Otherwise, since being a contract not much to say.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
IT WAS WONDERFUL WORKING THERE SO MANY THINGS I LEARNED WHILE WORKING THERE.
Performed administrative duties associated with customer issues.
Extensive customer service
Performed extensive data entry
Answer and direct telephone calls to appropriate department.
Assist customers with inquiries by phone.
Clerk Typist
CLERK TYPIST (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: took on a lot of responsibility
First job out of High School. Typing, Filing answering phones. Worked for about 5 people in office by myself. I learned how to maintain professionalism.
Fun
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
I went to so many DOT sites across New York City and record all their equipments to achive cost saving. I meet a lot different people from this internship.
I Like TO DO THIS AGAIN SOON ?
STREET LIGHT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: i walked had a enjoyable time.
Cons: i may do it again soon? perhaps
WHEN WORKING THERE I RECIEVED EXPERIENCE AS A SUPERVISOR KINDA LIKE WORKING FOR MYSELF LIKE BEING IN A LEADERSHIP ROLE INWHICH I WAS I REALLY ENJOYED TALKUNG TO MY NEYGHBORS I REALLY DID ONCE I SOLD AVON BUT THIS JOB I GOT MY DOING IT? AND WOULD DO IT AGAIN IF I HAD TOO? IT S LOT FUN! AND NEIGHBORS ENJOYED TALKING TO ME BECAUSE A FEW HADNT MET ME BEFORE. THEY MADE MY DAY AND I MADE THEIRS TOO.
mr resume says all
Assistant Bridge operator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: all pros
Cons: no cons
looking for aircraft mechanic position. full time or part time anything so i can start my career i have both licsence airframe and powerplant.
Dynamic,l beautiful view job where you actually have control reagrding the pilots.
Air Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: you would never have the same day twice; you never knew what could happen.
Cons: extreme shift work. working three graveyard shifts in a row; extreme fatigue.
Beginning with my last job with the FAA, I found it to be a very dynamic, fast-paced environment. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with emergency air carrier situations, bomb threats; basically anything putting us on high alert as air traffic controllers. I also learned how to manage people in a way that encourages rather that belittles the employee.

At PwC it was a much more hands - off environment. There wasn't a manager breathing down your neck; you simply did your job like an adult and consequently everybody was happy.
Claims, Torts, Office Administration
Claims Representative/Intern (Former Employee), Olympia, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: job experience, and knowledge of our state
Cons: no future within
I started each day by checking emails from other co-workers, retrieved mail, sorted mail, assisted supervisor with mailings, torts, claims, data entry, email letters, and also helped out with 2 different Projects within this company.
The most enjoyable part of this job was learning how our State highways, county, city highways differ in respect to claims and torts filed for and against the State of Washington. I learned about the different Regions of our state, regulations and laws for claims and torts.
Drug & Alc. Compliance and Enforcement Inspector (Current Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no cons
It is a great place to work. great people with godd ethics. Fun hard working people. also great job security and oppurtunities for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5