Department of Transportation

Department of Transportation Employer Reviews

Co-Workers are great
Contract Closeout Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 17, 2014
Pros: excellent work group gatherings and luncheons
Work atmosphere is fantastic, beautiful building, lots of sun.
Perfessional Work Place
On the Job training (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 13, 2014
I preformed Preventive Mantince on Snow removal Graters, Dozers, Sand Trucks and Desiel Fleet Trucks.
good place to work
Computer Specialist (Current Employee), Washington DCApril 7, 2014
very nice place to work. Harder to advance unless you have a network.
slow moving
Laborer (Former Employee), Antlers, OKApril 7, 2014
This company moved at a slow pace, I wasnt use to this kind of work environment. To political.
Fantastic opportunity for those just starting in the field
Transportation Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2014
Provides a great rotation program for those starting in the field to train in different branches of transportation such as construction., traffic, permits, design, etc.
It was a job
Equipment operator (Former Employee), Lake City, FLApril 3, 2014
Had just gotten out of AF and needed work to support family. I worked up to 60hrs/wk and the chance of advancement were slim. No medical insurance. My fellow workers were fun to work with but fun vs responsibility, responsibility wins out..
Learning environment
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), 1200 New Jersey Avenue, Washington, Dc 20590April 2, 2014
Enjoyed working at National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Good Pay and Training, Marginal Management
Airway Transportation Systems Specialist (ATSS) (Former Employee), Juneau, AKMarch 26, 2014
I loved the job but had a lot of trouble with the disconnect between the office and the field. Management has fallen out of touch with where the rubber meets the roads. They are almost entirely focused on reports and matrices.
Great Place to Work
Federal Student Aid (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: awesome cafeteria, location, metro access
i met the most amazing people during this internship and learn a lot about the inner workings of government. Certainly an experience I will never forget.
A job where you learn something new everyday
Self Employed (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
A typical job day would be very busy and long hours but since I learned something new everyday it was fun too.
Enoyable job
Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee), Appling, GAMarch 16, 2014
I worked on the highways and bypasses. I was required to keep the roads clean. I learned how to drive stick shift, and dump truck. Management was fair. I enjoyed working with my employees. Hardest part of my job was learning mechanical work. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Challenging with many new policy updates
Motor Carrier Safety Investigator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
Fast paced, attention to detail required, ability to be flexible a must.
Procuctive environment in Acqusitions and Contracting
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: excellent atmosphere
Cons: not applicable
The Federal Aviation Administrative is an excellent government agency. I have learned how to procure IT, Research, Engineering and Construction and service contracting.
High work environment
consutlant (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 10, 2014
High volume work envirnment. I'm personable and enjoying
working hard. A lot of experience in business and can fit into
a lot of positions.
Unequal Opportunity Employer
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: whites get advanced
Cons: hispanics and african americans don't
In the private sector, you work to help your company make money. At FHWA, Eastern Federal Lands Highway Division, you work to satisfy someone's ego. Upper management is racist.
Most days it was a challenge
Administrative Assistant, L/ER (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 7, 2014
Work began at 0700 and ended at 1530. Duties consisted of electronic records maintenance and storage, physical records maintenance and storage, reviewing work history and processing retirements.

I actually learned a lot. This was a new experience for me and I got to see how the wheels turn at a government agency, what it takes to make changes, and – more... how a system can break down missing one piece of the puzzle.

Management was awful. The work atmosphere felt tense. Another way to explain it was that the office felt sterile. This was a result of the atmosphere created by management.

My coworkers were typical career government employees. Some of them really liked their work, and loved helping people, some you could say were just mailing it in each day. Some of them were not challenged at all by their work and it showed, others were in way over their heads.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the east coast. Frequently, meetings were set for 0900 EST, and in Alaska, that's 0500. Long, drawn out meetings at 0500 are tough to get up for, but sometimes it had to happen.

The best part of this job was the experience to get my foot in the door in aviation. – less
A nice place to work.
Management and Program Analyst (Current Employee), College Park, GAMarch 5, 2014
A nice place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job are the employees.
Productive and Rewarding
Marketing MANAGER & Program Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2014
This was a productive and rewarding contract position that ended.
laid back
Air Defense Tactical Operations Center Operator (Current Employee), Lakeland, MSMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: far commute
I really enjoyed working here but at the time I thought I wanted to do something differently and mistakenly pursued another career
Fun Place to work great co workers
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: two days telework
Cons: heavy workload
Great opportunities at this work palce. The heavy work load was always an issue.

1 2 3 4 5