Department of Treasury Employee Reviews

Lots of information not enough gurantees
Seasonal Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2017
Overall any job you are able to secure with the federal goverment is great. The issue is that because these positions are seasonal they do not offer any concrete information as to when they will start to put employees on furlough. This is unfortuatne, becasue from what I hear they will let you know a week in advance. This position has high turn over because people can not live there lives based on what if's.
Pros
Great for parents who like to have the summer off
Cons
No sustainibility
Senior Special Agent
Senior Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 15, 2017
I performed criminal investigations involving violations of local, state, and federal laws relating to primarily U.S. Customs laws and regulations. Case management and presentation in court.
Pros
Excellent working environment, compensation, and retirement.
Cons
Politics
Productive workplace
Collector (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 22, 2017
I learned a lot in this agency. The management is always looking the best for his employees professionally and with his personal needs.
Depressing
Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2017
Between the lack training and not know exactly what my job functions are. The training is just a waste! Either you get the wrong information or left out there standing in left field confused. It's frustrating and stressful as heck. I can't stand it. The pay is great! So are the benefits! I love the locations and like the job other than the poor management and depressing atmosphere. It's the only job I've had that makes me want to cry everyday. Like I have a migraine everyday I go to work.
Pros
Decent pay, annual & sick leave, benefits, transportation subsidy, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Probation, training, management, stress, miscommunication
Treaury
CSR - Customer Service Representative-7 (Former Employee) –  Dimondale, MIDecember 30, 2016
I love working for the State of Michigan it is the best job I've had thus far I would tell people to continue seeking employment within the company. It is worth it great opportunities start early.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
N/A
great place
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYDecember 22, 2016
Nice people- too bad they are closing! 7:30 to 3pm- very flexible! They have good benefits, and have a weekly spirit activity.
Pros
federal benefits
Cons
they are closing
Great place to work.
Customer Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2016
Great place to work. Government job. Benefits were awesome, co-workers were great and pay rate as well as scale was good. Hardest part of the job was leaving after 4 years as it was a contract not to exceed 4 years.
Clear salary grades and advancement opportunities
Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2016
Excellent with providing clear salary grades and advancement opportunities to work forward in setting long term goals. Excellent benefits package provided by the company.
Great Place to work
STEP Intern (Former Employee) –  STEP InternOctober 27, 2016
It was great working there. The learning environment was amazing. I was given many different opportunities to expand my knowledge in computers. The location of the building was very close to my house and was wmata metro accessible.
Government job
Contact Representative (Inbound) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 26, 2016
This is a call center position so your typical day at work is taken inbound calls.These are longer calls generally than the average call center i've worked because they are more involved and a lot of research. In this positions you gain knowledge about tax returns. In my option the hardest part is the calls back to back and the extensive research. Whats enjoyable about the job although the calls are long is knowing you were able to help someone and the interaction with co=workers.
Pros
Competitive pay scale
Cons
Very little room for advancement in Richmond, VA and managers developing there employees.
8 month CSR
Contact Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2016
Thought i would hate this job training was so long an boring but it turn out to be one of the best jobs I ever had. Management was the best no micro management depending on your manger. Everyone is there to help you do well.
Employees were the key to Treasurys success
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 1, 2016
Government agencies are successful only because of the work ethic of their employees.

My agency did an excellent job and I was quite proud to spend most of my work life at the Treasury
Pros
Quality employees
Cons
Lack of management input
A superb and professional workplace environment to be employed with. Also a fun and professional place to study, learn and grow with.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 6, 2016
Organize my work station area before I get started performing my daily job duties for the day. Make sure I greet everyone in the morning such as a good morning. I learned to operate successfully in a team oriented environment where I utilized my knowledge, skills and abilities in the areas of customer service and workplace involvement assisting other co-workers with assistance if needed. I enjoy working along side my fellow co-workers. I take being a professional employee and co-worker involvement very seriously whereas with everyone on the same page as well as the same team not only do we impress the CEO of the company, make each one of our managers look good professionally but with added team player ethics we all make the company look good against other competitors. The hardest part of the job, well I never been put in that position yet so I cannot relate to that question. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone striving for the ultimate goal of making the company that each one of us are employed by always keeping that image of total professionalism. With those qualities its makes our company look very professional.
Pros
Celebrating Co-Worker Birthdays, Receiving Performance Awards and Bonuses.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Bilingual Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2016
Excellent opportunity, great environment. A typical day working with customers. Learned a lot from finance AND MANAGED budget and debts. Excellent co-workers. I enjoyed helping people to managed their debts.
Yearly Training
Tax Examining Technician (ERS) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2016
I process and exam over 200 - 300 document daily with a 100% accuracy rate. I have learned how to provide great customer service for all of our tax payers. I have a great relationship with all of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of work is the time we have at work to communicate with each other. The management staff are great to work with and enjoy working with each and everyone of them. The hardest part of the job is that I have decided to change careers and need to move on.
Pros
Yearly Training
Cons
My career in which i am studying, they do not provide
Productive learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 9, 2016
I liked working here works were great and the environment was professional. My coworkers were knowledgeable and experienced.
There's a reason it's in the news so much..
Contact Rep (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 13, 2016
Call center I was at is run like a fiefdom, if you are related to managemt (literally..), it's free pass time. Otherwise, look out.
Would still be at the Department of Treasury if it was up to me
Accountant Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 27, 2016
Worked for Department of Treasury for 5 1/2 years and enjoyed every minute of my time with the federal government. The only reason I am not still with the federal government, is due to pay cuts and laid off. Also, my branch in the department was moving to Parkersburg, West Virginia. Everyone in my branch was very helpful with teaching me new things and understanding when it came to my school schedule. We always had recommendation parties and holiday events that I was able to coordinate. A great place to work!
Pros
Travel, expenses, free parking, parties, award cerimonies, benefits
Cons
N/A
good pay,
Data Coding Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 20, 2016
Even though it was a seasonal job, it was a good job, and co-workers were kind. Were allow to listen to music while you worked. Would of liked it if could do it every year as a perminant job.
Relax place to work.
Human Resources Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2016
A good place to work, easy to balance work and home life. I enjoy working here and the people are nice and respectful. Many of the employees here have worked their whole career here for over 30 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Treasury. Our community is ready to answer.

Department of Treasury Reviews by Location