Department of Treasury Employee Reviews in United States

There's a reason it's in the news so much..
Contact Rep (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 13, 2016
Call center I was at is run like a fiefdom, if you are related to managemt (literally..), it's free pass time. Otherwise, look out.
Would still be at the Department of Treasury if it was up to me
Accountant Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 27, 2016
Worked for Department of Treasury for 5 1/2 years and enjoyed every minute of my time with the federal government. The only reason I am not still with the federal government, is due to pay cuts and laid off. Also, my branch in the department was moving to Parkersburg, West Virginia. Everyone in my branch was very helpful with teaching me new things and understanding when it came to my school schedule. We always had recommendation parties and holiday events that I was able to coordinate. A great place to work!
Pros
Travel, expenses, free parking, parties, award cerimonies, benefits
Cons
N/A
good pay,
Data Coding Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 20, 2016
Even though it was a seasonal job, it was a good job, and co-workers were kind. Were allow to listen to music while you worked. Would of liked it if could do it every year as a perminant job.
Relax place to work.
Human Resources Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2016
A good place to work, easy to balance work and home life. I enjoy working here and the people are nice and respectful. Many of the employees here have worked their whole career here for over 30 years.
My first job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 6, 2016
Working with the Department of Treasury has given me excellent opportunities such as obtaining my forklift operators license, as well as becoming a supervisor.
Pros
Excellent leadership role, great team, and great hours.
Cons
Low wages and job security.
detailed examination of facts and figures
Tax Examiner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2016
detailed examination of facts and figures, attention to detail a must. Great company to work for with opportunities to advance in other government jobs as one develops tenure.
Improvements needed.
Tax Examiner / Data Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Improvements with training on every level along with the need for more permanent placement to be advanced. Consistency and Transparency needs to be reflected in a better day-to-day working environment.
Pros
Full-time hours during Seasonal period there.
Cons
Seasonal period never generates Permanent placements.
Not for me
HOUSEKEEPING AGENT (Current Employee) –  not for meFebruary 2, 2016
This job is not for me. I do not like the ovrall layout or level of professionalism. The training is not good and the instructors are boring. They do not provide feed back and are not professional
Its a typical place to work
Remittance Perfection Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2016
The training isn't always correct or available. People I work with make it most enjoyable. The job isn't hard except when we are forced to do others jobs and told we must meet their standards or it will hurt our evaluation. Management tells us things like that often that are not true to pressure us into doing others work quickly. I learned how not to treat people if I decide to get into management.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
breaks too short, cafeteria cost too much, low quality food, some management have personal issues they take out on employees and get away with it.
the following of a product from start to finish
auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 17, 2015
I was a FPS group leader in the final department. I coordinated all problems and needs of fellow works in my group. Would inspect the autos and direct them into the proper repair area. I learned team skills with problem solving in their green belt training. It was physical labor but the people you worked with made it easier, you could always depend on someone helping you out on a bad day.
Pros
the people
Cons
heavy labor jobs
Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 7, 2015
Good location in the center of the capital, near the sea. The works hours are great. In payday you have two hour break. Learn to do multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Good environment between co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work
Na
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhiladelhiaOctober 16, 2015
This is a Government Agency located in Philadelphia, PA. Enjoyed working at this facility. Standard workweek with great pay and benefits.
Government Jobs are just as much fun as they sound
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 2, 2015
Working for the department of treasury was fun. Management had there ups and downs but don't they all. I liked the coworkers, they made they work day so much easier. I did business taxes for company's, partnerships, LLC's, and even did some stuff for small business. I helped find ways for CEOs to keep their money. Taxes suck.
mondaine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2015
little chance for advancement with a budget freeze. you feel trapped after some time, this job can be better if the organization pushed for change.
Good teamwork and knowledgeable co-workers. Management poor.
Tax Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 26, 2015
Teamwork is essential and most problems were solved quickly within the team. Workload generally manageable. Lead co-worker extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Some upper management were friendly and helpful. Our department did not have a stable manager for over three years. That was difficult for us.
Pros
Good benefits, good co-workers.
Cons
Unstable management
I miss it
Receptionist Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington,DCAugust 20, 2015
Working for the government was something I took for granted. Great place to work and grow. Met a lot of new people from interning. I loved my mangers an coworkers. Everyone always walked around with a smile.
great
Accounting Professional (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 19, 2015
a typical work day was very busy, but the team I have is great they are aways whiling to help and make your job easier. I was able to take time off if I had the time, I did not have to make up time if I could not make work
Excellent job enviorment
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2015
Employment provides an excellent opportunity to help the community if the preparation of and understanding taxes. Provides and opportunity for job advancement.
Pros
excellnent promotion opportunties
Cons
great working enviornment
liars and backstabbers, incompetant and lazy managers
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farr West, UTJuly 16, 2015
don't work there, you never will have enough work/time getting paid. and when you almost make it to your one year mark, they lay you off, breaking their own printed rules in the employee handbook
Pros
good pay
Cons
rarely working, no job security
Excellent place to work at.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 10, 2015
I enjoyed my job and appreciated it. I liked staying busy. I liked helping people, both internally and externally.

My co-workers were dedicated, loyal, and hard working people. They cared about our customers. They worked diligently everyday to ensure they processed as much of the incoming correspondence as possible and to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
I liked my job. Worked with great people. Loyal and hard working.