Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,011 reviews matching the search
Productive and a lot of potential for advancement
Accounts Recievable (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 25, 2016
My favorite part about this job is that you are treated as a trusted employee and are able to do your job without management breathing down your neck. I am learning something new day-in and day-out and there is always work to be done. Job security is another great part of the job with much potential for advancement.
Pros
Pot lucks, flexibility, job security
Great place to work!
Supervisory, Environmental Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 24, 2016
Great place to work serving the Veterans of our country, with opportunities to work alongside a diverse group of people. Provides the tools for career advancement, stability and great benefits.
GOV waste resource and money like it is free
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hines, ILMarch 24, 2016
Good place to work if you are a slacker and like to waste your time
Very relax and laid back
Behind in technology
Not recommended if you want want to learn anything new
hostile environment in the workplace
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2016
A typical work day.
I would Arrive at 8am, work on Medical Instructor Files until 12, have lunch at 12 return 30 mins later and work on the Medical Instructor files until 430pm
I learned how to issue Instructor cards for Doctors, Nurses, Police Officers and more.
Working for the SIMLearn Center.
I was being Mistreated daily by 4 out of 50 Co-workers. Because I was not smiling enough (So I was told)
The hardest part of the job was working hard every day and not being recognized for it. Months and Months would go by.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the nice people I did meet and I loved that they truly still believed in a Team Environment and how to work together! It was refreshing.
Cons
hostile environment in the workplace
Great benefits
Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2016
It's not too bad of a job, but can be very unorganized at times. Great benefits. Takes a lot to get anything done around here.
Pros
Benefits, Occasional OT
Cons
Can be unorganized
alot of busy work
Housekeeping Aid WG-02 (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX 76711March 22, 2016
great company to work for, great work atmosphere, coworkers are amazing , the hardest part of the job is keeping up with your time .
A great mission to serve our veterans and their families
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19144March 20, 2016
The Department of Veteran Affairs Regional Office in Philadelphia has the mission to serve our veterans and their familes.
Pros
nice people
Cons
n/a
I like working with others
Volunteer Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2016
Nice doing buisness with caring people. There were well trained although very small office. I would not like to however be with this company again.
Everyone I meet there was so helpful, workers,Vets, volunteers.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14215March 16, 2016
I've only put in a few volunteer hours there but i really enjoyed every minute of them.its like another world there you can tell that a lot of people care, workers, volunteers,an staff.If I had the time i would put in more hours.
Pros
I like helping people an i get a chance to do that from i heart.
Cons
that I don't have a lot of time right now to go in.
Great Benefits, Very Fast Paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Union Grove, WIMarch 15, 2016
Great staff and co-workers. Management does not seem to care about the staff. CNA's are fantastic and greatly overworked.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Productive and high knowledge base
Nursing Intern/Training (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2016
I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to experience my training at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The staff was very helpful and supportive in expanding my knowledge base and hands on experience.
Pros
Staff was very helpful and supportive
Cons
N/A
miserable
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2016
Miserable place to work...leadership is backstabbing and does not care whether you're a veteran or not. They'll take credit for your work without hesitation and throw you under the bus at the first opportunity.
Pros
Cons
everything
Nice place to work to provide services for veterans.
Health Technician /Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMarch 9, 2016
Teach and counsel veterans with varying degrees of mental health illnesses how to regain control and improve their lives in their recovery process by articulating, developing, and achieving personal recovery goals in the Behavioral Health’s Psycho Social Rehabilitation Center (PRRC) out-patient program.
Pros
awards
Cons
I don't have any. Good work enviornment
Great Nurses
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 7, 2016
The Staff at the VA is great. Everyone is friendly and the nurses are always willing to help each other out to get the job done.
Helping Veterans
Education Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 6, 2016
I answered the Veterans questions about payments and eduaton benefits. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
unhappy veterans
Employee survey
Sr Accounts Receivable Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 6, 2016
Work environment was excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to identify more efficient methods and implementing them in our daily job.
Very productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 4, 2016
Very fast paced, great co-workers and good benefits. Hardest part was finishing on time due to the varying abundance of work, but keeps you very busy so the time goes by quickly.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KansasMarch 3, 2016
Assisted disabled veterans to obtain housing, and return to regular work cycle. Enjoyed my duties which were always satisfying and fulfilled me personally.
ethical, efficient, competent, positive environment
Community Service/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
Start the day working with enthusiasm
I have learned to communicate effectively with people form different backgrounds, to be punctual and organized.
Working with co-workers having good relationship with them, respect their point of views, being cooperative
the hardest part will be not being able to find a solution to a problem
right away
The most enjoyable part of the job would be able to make a difference in people's life
Pros
not enough volunteers
Cons
more incentives for volunteers and employes
Job security
Radiologic Technologist/Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 2, 2016
Most likely you will be treated as nothing more than a worker. Most management have no idea how to treat people. They do offer great benefits and its almost impossible to get fired. This is a perfect job for people getting ready to retire because no matter how hard or ho less you work you wont get recognition. They plays favorites and its not what you know, but whom you know. They do not care about your education and advancing it does little for your career. They reward time in service and not education nor hard work. There are so many rules and regulations that no one really knows what they mean anymore.
Pros
Job security, benefits
Cons
pay much lower than outside, managers, nothing happens quick, so much Red Tape