DePaul Health Center

DePaul Health Center Employer Reviews

good management
Support Partner (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2014
Management really listen wihen there was things went on the hardest part of the job was trying to assistant the sisters
Great Staff
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOSeptember 21, 2014
I had the pleasure of shadowing some really great nurses at De Paul Health Center.
SSM practices it's mission everyday while providing exceptional health care to many patients
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), DePaul health CenterAugust 18, 2014
I have worked at the hospital for over 11 years and have really learned a great deal. I typically work 12 hour shifts. My work environment is a very busy one with many patient discharges as well as many admissions on each shift. My co-workers are amazing and wonderful people to work with and for.
The best work place for safer practice.
Registered Nurse (RN), Telemetry/Medical Unit (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
I'm still adjusting to the unit's culture. So far it's good.
Hospital Nursing
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Saint LouisJuly 1, 2014
Nice plane to work and overall allot of knowledge and experience gained.
GRAT PLACE TO WORK
PHYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2014
Pros: great place to work
MY REVIEW WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND TO LEARN NEW SKILLS TO HELP MAKE YOU A MORE PRODUCTIVE WORKER. I WORK WITH COWOKERS WHO ARE GRAT TEAMPLAYERS. THE SUPERVISORS CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYESS, AND DO WHAT THEY CAN TO MAKE OUR WORK EXPERINCE PLEASANT.
I loved working with my patients.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 28, 2014
Very busy, understaffed, I learned that a hospital setting is very busy but I enjoyed working with my patients and my co-workers that were not lazy.
Flexible workplace with great people
Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2014
Working in healthcare gives you a wealth of knowledge and access to all kinds of information. It is an industry that you can find many people that genuinely care about the care of others.
Focused and very Organized
Hostess (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MONovember 4, 2013
Pros: can always advance to different positions. have flexible schedule
Cons: work on your off days, work and extra hour or two past your shift
As a hostess I enjoy being there for the patients and when I smile I display confidence and warmth that help the patients to relax. I enjoy working with SSM DePaul Hospital. We work together as a team and always with the presence of God through healing.
Focused and very Organized
Hostess (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MONovember 4, 2013
Pros: can always advance to different positions. have flexible schedule
Cons: work on your off days, work and extra hour or two past your shift
Fulfilling responsibilities
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOOctober 24, 2013
It is a good environment to work in. Everyone in my department get along and help each other to make things go smoothly as possible for patients.
Great benefits and awesome co-workes
Receptionist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2013
hard
enjoyable
Dangerous. Avoid!
Psychiatric Therapist (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: co-workers.
Cons: aggressive patients, management, compensation, hospital policy that put staff at risk.
I spent three years at DePaul and often felt my life was in danger. That place is a time-bomb waiting to explode. The patients we admitted were frequently violent and difficult to work with. The staffing guidelines and hospital policy always put people in danger from patients who were acting out. While working their I had been in two or three near riots – more... on the adolescent unit. They commonly admit aggressive patients from detention facilities, which may not have been as big a problem if the unit was staffed appropriately.The middle management seemed like back-stabbers interested in their own advancement. The upper management simply did not care about how things were being run or how many of their staff got hurt because of their policies. The only thing that kept me going there were my co-workers, the other people in the trenches, as it were. – less
I like the mission statement-"Through our exceptional health care services we reveal the healing presence of God.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2013
Pros: intermittant celebration lunches, birthday and anniversary recognitions.
Cons: hard work. heavy instruments and fast pace
SSM Healthcare is a great place to work. Excellant benefits and personal creativity allowed.Flexibility with scheduling is a plus.
very understaffed to be a hospital
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOAugust 15, 2013
very understaffed to be a hospital. I like to give my patients my undivided attention and I am not able to do that their because at times I have 16-20 patients by myself and at other times I have 10 patients depending on the census.
Excellent place to begin a nursing career.
Staff Nurse, SSM Neuroscience Institute (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOJune 19, 2013
Depaul was an excellent employer to begin a nursing career. Strong training program that prepared me for challenges in the future. The experience encouraged compassion for patient and family members.
Strong team of nurses. The clinical partners on 7 north and south were awesome.
Clean organized work environment.
Typical night shift included admitting – more... patients, managing 3-5 patients per team. Every 4 hour assessments, administering medications, monitoring for neuro status changes on a continual basis.
Most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with the patients and family. Knowing that a life was impacted and improved by the nursing care provided.
The hardest part of the job watching family members say good bye to their loved ones. – less
Nice hospital
Externship (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOJanuary 16, 2013
I did my clinicals here and I learned alot form the staff. It was a clean hospital with up to date machines
Great place to work withh many knowledgeable people
Staff Nurse - Pulmonary Medicine (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2012
Pros: close to home, i enjoyed depaul
DePaul was excellent because of the varied experiences of the staff members. It was great to ask for help and receive it. Excellent people managers.
Fun place to work
Support Partner (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2012
I can say that working at De Paul you learn something every day
Having the chance to work with a great team leader and co workers.
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches, t shirts, and ice cream
Cons: short lunches. no breaks.
Fast pace working envirnment,learned to work with endoscopy equipment,very fun co-workers.The hard part was having to stay late after my shift with add on's.The most enjoyable was working with a team to give good care to our patients.