Depaul Industries Employee Reviews

Love this work place
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2017
Outstanding co-workers and staff fun to work for.
Long hours and good pay and also always room for advancement with in all aspects of this company....
great company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2017
I really like working for DEPAUL STAFFING great company to work for with a lots of different things to do and I loved working as a team and enjoy the people I worked with
Disaster
Tech Writer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 17, 2017
Terrible do not work there. They treat vets like dirt. I honestly wouldn't tell anybody about this company I tried to work here and was treated bad do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Lack of kindness
Great people
Temp and Part Time (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonMarch 16, 2016
DePaul Industries has the greatest people working for them. Also the management is very fair and friendly.

I learned about inventory control.
good
temp service varity positions (Former Employee) –  portland orAugust 29, 2015
productive workplace fun with nice and outgoing people person and postive vibes no stress just nice place to come to work
Good temp agency.
Seasonal Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 7, 2015
As far as Temp. agencies go, DePaul industries is top notch. They do the best they can to assist people, with or without disabilities, to find a job that fits their abilities.
DePaul Industries
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 2, 2014
Temporary position, administrative and secretarial support in Facilities, Planning and Safety unit. Prepare plan reviews and approvals written by the program architects, received plans as submitted to the unit, track and follow-up the flow of plans, reviews and approvals, respond to questions from project sponsors/architects regarding submission of plans, help in preparation and writing of rule revision as needed, purge past documents, enter information into department database, change, update and input project information in the appropriate locations, work on assignments necessary to maintain the project objectives, update and maintain all plan review files in appropriate manner. Approximately 20% of this desk is telephone and office reception for Facilities, Planning and Safety, providing secretarial support in processing all invoices, general office support (e.g. open and distribute mail, copying, filing, and mailing). I enjoyed my work. The Management was excellent.
It was just a temp position
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 16, 2014
I did earn an 'Office Specialist" certificate. It was a fun job going to work temps at other places.
Pros
They were flexible here too
Cons
Only paid 10.00
I enjoy working with people in customer service through Depaul for Port of Portland
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonAugust 4, 2014
They have been great. They are a temp company. I don't work for this company directly, I work at pdx airport and I love it there.
Pros
Want full time or part time
Cons
not enough hours
Not A Place I Would Return To
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 10, 2014
Enjoyed working with a few of the other employees and definitely made some long term friendships; however, would never return.
Wonderful Not-For-Profit dedicated to helping the disabled mainstream into working society
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 10, 2014
I love everything about DePaul Industries. I love its mission to provide grace and dignity to disabled folks by helping them main stream into working society which helps build their self-confidence and self-esteem. Wonderful group of dedicated employees. A little too political for me hince why I ended up leaving however, after the Board replaced the COO the organization has thrived and now I understand it to be totally self reliant on itself financially. They received very little if any State or Federal funding any longer and have expanded a great deal, which is wonderful to see they are able to touch so many more disabled and disadvantaged peoples lives.
Pros
Wonderful mission - finding work for the disabled
Cons
Most companies signed on with DePaul to offer on the job training, do not end up hiring the disabled employee at the end of the program period.
I got to experience and be apart of a team that required me to handle various tasks in order for others to take care of their tasks.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 9, 2014
I would assign various tasks to different people on my team while keeping a log of the type of task being done and who was taking care of it.
I would pull and return files for the people on my team in order for them to be more efficient in handling their tasks.
I made sure no co-worker on my team was being overloaded with work and I would always inform my manager of any problems that were becoming apparent.
My co-workers were very diverse and enthusiastic about what they were doing. Each person made it a very enjoyable place to work.
I tended to like keeping busy and helpful to anyone there.
It's a challenging environment but the people really make it a great place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 7, 2014
Fair/ could improve
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Martin Luther King/ AlbertaFebruary 4, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was to not only get what was required done at an adequate amount of time, but to also help other co-workers when the time permitted.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Bosses may monthly
Okay place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 26, 2013
I work in ODOT Buildings people i work with were really nice.
temp work
Data Entry/Office Specialist/AA (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2013
On call to fill in for long term assignments.
Assignments were full time 40+ hrs per week
Pros
Was introducedto many different types of employeers and jobs.
Cons
Took a long time to get hired on as permanent temp. w.Multnomah County
i work in Odot building friendly people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 23, 2013
okay company to work for i would never go back working there. they dont treat they employes very good
I enjoyed the variety of customers
Vehicle Processing (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2013
I enjoyed the contract with the city of Portland,I also enjoyed the divercity of projects I worked on.
I learned to operate all types of macinery and vehicles
I enjoyed working with all the managers while on this assignment
I never had a problem with the different co-workers I worked with
After 5 years being recongnized for my performance
The people I worked with
Pros
Enrolled at credit union
Cons
Health care
bad manager
Supported Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2013
i guess you can get a good job through Depaul. I didn't. I got a boss from hell. she followed me around all day and treated me as a temp from day 1.
Cons
horrid people to work around
The Staff are hard-working, dedicated and friendly.
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORDecember 28, 2012
You can call-in a few times a week or check in in person. I preferred to check in daily while seeking work.
Pros
work with job seekers who have disabilities.
Cons
none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Depaul Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9