Depaul Industries

Depaul Industries Employer Reviews

I enjoy working with people in customer service through Depaul for Port of Portland
Customer service (Current Employee), Portland OregonAugust 4, 2014
Pros: want full time or part time
Cons: not enough hours
They have been great. They are a temp company. I don't work for this company directly, I work at pdx airport and I love it there.
Not A Place I Would Return To
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 10, 2014
Enjoyed working with a few of the other employees and definitely made some long term friendships; however, would never return.
Wonderful Not-For-Profit dedicated to helping the disabled mainstream into working society
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 10, 2014
Pros: wonderful mission - finding work for the disabled
Cons: most companies signed on with depaul to offer on the job training, do not end up hiring the disabled employee at the end of the program period.
I love everything about DePaul Industries. I love its mission to provide grace and dignity to disabled folks by helping them main stream into working society which helps build their self-confidence and self-esteem. Wonderful group of dedicated employees. A little too political for me hince why I ended up leaving however, after the Board replaced the – more... COO the organization has thrived and now I understand it to be totally self reliant on itself financially. They received very little if any State or Federal funding any longer and have expanded a great deal, which is wonderful to see they are able to touch so many more disabled and disadvantaged peoples lives. – less
I got to experience and be apart of a team that required me to handle various tasks in order for others to take care of their tasks.
General Clerk (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAApril 9, 2014
I would assign various tasks to different people on my team while keeping a log of the type of task being done and who was taking care of it.
I would pull and return files for the people on my team in order for them to be more efficient in handling their tasks.
I made sure no co-worker on my team was being overloaded with work and I would always inform – more... my manager of any problems that were becoming apparent.
My co-workers were very diverse and enthusiastic about what they were doing. Each person made it a very enjoyable place to work.
I tended to like keeping busy and helpful to anyone there. – less
It's a challenging environment but the people really make it a great place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 7, 2014
Fair/ could improve
Laborer (Former Employee), Martin Luther King/ AlbertaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: bosses may monthly
The most enjoyable part of my job was to not only get what was required done at an adequate amount of time, but to also help other co-workers when the time permitted.
Okay place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salem, ORDecember 26, 2013
I work in ODOT Buildings people i work with were really nice.
temp work
Data Entry/Office Specialist/AA (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: was introducedto many different types of employeers and jobs.
Cons: took a long time to get hired on as permanent temp. w.multnomah county
On call to fill in for long term assignments.
Assignments were full time 40+ hrs per week
i work in Odot building friendly people
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salem, ORAugust 23, 2013
okay company to work for i would never go back working there. they dont treat they employes very good
I enjoyed the variety of customers
Vehicle Processing (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 28, 2013
Pros: enrolled at credit union
Cons: health care
I enjoyed the contract with the city of Portland,I also enjoyed the divercity of projects I worked on.
I learned to operate all types of macinery and vehicles
I enjoyed working with all the managers while on this assignment
I never had a problem with the different co-workers I worked with
After 5 years being recongnized for my performance
The people – more... I worked with – less
bad manager
Supported Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 12, 2013
Cons: horrid people to work around
i guess you can get a good job through Depaul. I didn't. I got a boss from hell. she followed me around all day and treated me as a temp from day 1.
The Staff are hard-working, dedicated and friendly.
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORDecember 28, 2012
Pros: work with job seekers who have disabilities.
Cons: none.
You can call-in a few times a week or check in in person. I preferred to check in daily while seeking work.
This is a good job
Laborer (Current Employee), Salem, ORMay 9, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: not much work
I enjoyed working for them nice people. I held a slow/stop sign to control traffic. Co Workers was great to work with. The hardest part is trying not to get hit by vehicles. getting paid good money for holding a sign is the most enjoyable part of the job.
loved dealing with the medical records
Seasonal Contractor (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAApril 25, 2012
Pros: good pay, good work hours, not far from home
Cons: temporary position
worked as part of a team to make the program run efficiently, kept tract of over 4000+ medical records, scanned them onto a CD and packed them to ship back to the schools they came from.