DePaul University Employee Reviews

Contracted EA to Vice President & General Counsel
Contracted EA to Vice President & General Counsel (Former Employee) –  ParalegalOctober 11, 2017
As a contractor, it is sometimes difficult to find you place in another's spot temporarily. Working in the general counsels office at DePaul University was no different. The work load was intensive.
excellent place to work.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
I'm a part time employee, and so I have no opinion on benefits. Have heard from full time folks that the benefits are fantastic.

In my office things can be fast-paced, but it comes and goes in blocks of time. Sometimes there are no phone calls or student requests for an hour, but sometimes I feel like I'm running requests all day.

The best part of the job is the people. Honestly, every person I've met at DePaul has been friendly enough, and everyone in my office has been happy to answer questions if they have the time.

Occasionally, there is free food or DePaul gear, and it never hurts to have a snack or a spare umbrella.
Pros
good people, free stuff
Cons
tempo of workplace
Excellent place for adjunct instructors
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
Culture is excellent overall; good opportunities to work/obtain teaching experience, albeit no benefits. Strong administrative support staff. Limited interaction with colleagues, but beautiful work environment (in downtown/loop location)
Great organization but pay is not competitive
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
DePaul has been a great organization for me but it is difficult to find growth opportunities. Their tuition benefits are second to none and the real reason many people opt to stick it out. Most of the employees take advantage of the tuition waivers for themselves and their families. I also see a trend among the millennials. They come in, get their Masters and leave. They have the right idea because if the stay, it will most likely get in the way of their advancement. Overall, it is a great place to work but if you are looking for a great salary, I cannot recommend DePaul.
Pros
Work culture, hours, benefits
Cons
Promotion opportunities, salary
Lovely
Adjuct Professor- Healthcare Leadership (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2017
Catholic-based University with strong IT staff support and integrated teacher-student platform software. Easily accessible by train and friendly staff.
Pros
Train-access
Cons
Parking with car
Each year you will meet the New incoming Freshman
Resident Hall Monitor /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2017
A great place to work. Operation duties are very easy to follow and understand. Management has a great time they are on any issue that may come up they are on it. The enjoyable part of my job is that I love doing what I do .
Great environment
Chicago Quarter Mentor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
Great work and academic environment for perspective staff and students. They work well with student employment opportunities and outside internships the school's main base.
Good Learning experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
I learned a lot from DePaul University with respect to research, technical advancements and career building structure. I learned and made good contacts with my employees, my professors.
Pros
Good facilities.
Best College in Chicago
Course Online Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2017
I am glad to be a part of DePaul family. The quality of education provided at DePaul really helps foster a sense of what's out there in the world and what can be captured in the future. My class at College of Computing has some amazing professors which have helped me think differently and apply concepts in the real world which I learn in the classroom.
Best work-study position I ever had.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
I facilitated professional seminars for community groups and schools exercising verbal and written communication. In addition to general office duties. Best work-study position I ever had.
Great Helpful
Director, Script Supervisor, and Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2017
Had a lot of good opportunities to flex and test out what I was good at. When i was taking part in such opportunities, the teachers were almost always really good at filling me in on how to do it and how to improve at it.
Collegial, teaching-focused university
Adjunct Professor, Department of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2017
DePaul University, despite its size (24,000+ students) is one of those rare colleges in which excellent teaching is valued. I have worked at DePaul for nearly 20 years and have met dozens of professors here. I would characterize only a few of those as poor teachers. The majority are people who care about communicating with and relating to students in a positive and encouraging way.

O
Great
Paid Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
Working as a research assistant was a great experience at DePaul. I was able to set my own hours and have experience within my major. I also got a feel for what life as an academic historian is like.
Temporary student employment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
It was fun.
Got to meet with different people from different cultures.
learned ho to manage a schedule for international student delegations.
Gained experience as a student ambassador for my university.
Awesome
Title IV Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2017
The culture is great here. Within the enrollment management I enjoyed working with the different team members and learned an abundance of information. The department considered employees with every change and was always making attempts at making a better work life balance.
lecturer
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  DePaul University, Chicago ILJuly 6, 2017
After several years working as a full time professor at DePaul University my position was recently downgraded to part-time status. As with most parallel situations, despite working in a very good department more work could be done to treat part time employees as an integral part of the university.
Very traditional
Translator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
It is just an office work, there are no activities. It was flexible because it was a student job so I worked based on my personal schedule. My manager used to review what I was doing.
A Great Environment of Values and Support
Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
I really enjoyed my working experience at DePaul University. The environment presented technical challenges, but I was allowed to find creative solutions, and collaborate with great technical people to provide excellent service. While there I was able to manage a major project, analyze and create more efficient processes, and negotiate and hire vendors. I was given the opportunity to manage student workers, who did great work and assisted Information Services daily . The most difficult part of the job was leaving. The benefits at DePaul are wonderful. I was offered another job with greater compensation and left to pursue other interests.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful work-life balance
Cons
Lower compensation
Excellent place to work
Associate Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
Unclear on why this is required; not interested in providing a review at this time.

DePaul has a great university culture and mission. I cannot describe a typical day as anyone in intercollegiate athletics would understand.
Good Workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Working at DePaul has been a positive experience overall. Supported by staff. I only worked part time, so I cannot give a full review. I have been a TA for several courses.