DePaul University Employee Reviews

DePaul School for New Learning is Fantastic for Adults
Digital Youth Assessor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2015
Pros: evening, weekend classes, financial aid
Cons: To short, to fast
I love DePaul. Because adults have a life that is different from our youth, the courses at DePaul are designed for the adult learners. It is work that allows adults to learn and involve what they know as adults into their studies. It is not all about reflection, but reflection is helpful to some who learn in this style. DePaul School for New Learning was a therapeutic to me because as most of us know we have challenges in our lives. Many of the classes taught touched a spot in your life that makes you feel alright with yourself. The professors are so organic in terms of working with you. Because most students are older in this program, we have many commonalities and experiences. This in itself are the reasons to strive on to become a graduate of DePaul. It a honor to make it happen and the professors are right there under your wings.
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 6, 2015
Worked in the lab that included cleaning instruments to setting up titrations and centrifuges to gel electrophoresis to get results of experiments.
Great place to learn and work
ASSOCIATE EDITOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2015
Can't say enough about the professors and academic staff at DePaul. A great place to learn and work, no matter what age you are.
Enjoyable
Classroom Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
It was great. The people were helpful and respectful. Management was tough but fair.The most enjoyable part was the people I met over the years.
Awesome Place to Work
Student Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2015
Pros: Environment, Culture
Cons: Pay is a little low
I have had a great experience at the university. Pay is a little low, but that is fine with me considering I love my job and enjoy working with my colleagues. Executive administration values and listens to input.
Slow paced, laid back
Intermediate Systems Engineer (Current Employee), ChicagoJune 22, 2015
Management is bueracratic and a hindrance to all things IT. Lots of incompetence in the department (development) but the engineers are solid. Not a place of incentives, but of steady work and easy hours.
fun and challenging
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), 243 south Wbash AvenueMay 9, 2015
Awesome work and Challenging too. Also work keeps evolving and gives you an unique perspective.Great Exposureto new technologies and interaction with different people.
Amazing benefits
Corporate & Foundation Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2015
Wonderful co-workers and and 35 hour work week along with amazing benefits make going to work a pleasure. I've become adept at organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking during my time at DePaul.
Productive workplace, Learning Environment
Asst Director; Asst Editor/Production Mngr Journal (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 28, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with financial accounting and the editorial process for an academic journal, including: editing, manuscript revisions, connections with contributors and editorial board, design and production, formatting and art selection.
Productive company with great exposure
Athletics Facilities Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Typical day included management of inventory
Learned people management, group coordination and working within group atmosphere
Improved skills with dealing with customers, ticket sales
favorite work place
Student Worker (Former Employee), chicago ILApril 13, 2015
I loved working at Depaul as a student work i meet a lot of students from different country's. i learned payroll taught some of my co works some skills i learned in my computer classes i took in high school. great place vibe was awesome .
Excellent cultural experience
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2015
Pros: Exposure to diversity.
Cons: Commute is long from my home.
I am a Clinical Research Assistant in lieu of class credit at DePaul University. My experience so far has been exciting, and eye opening. The children seem to adore me, and the are always surprising me with their quirky comments. The teachers in the classroom I work with are thorough, kind, and easy to get along with.
Good Place to work
Support Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
• Provided Technical Support and Functional Enhancements for PeopleSoft System for students, faculty, staff and external users.
• Involved in Technical Analysis, Application Enhancements, Design Construction, Implementation, Testing & Support of Projects.
• Designed & Implemented solutions to problems using a Structured Approach for long term maintainability & Migrated Solutions.
• Performed Unit Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Functional Testing against customer criteria to Ensure Quality.
• Investigated & Resolved Tickets via Code Fixes for Students, Faculty’s, Staffs and Documented Ticket Solution & Artifacts.
Great place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Supportive employer, gave clear guidelines for assignments and expectations, very approachable and always willing to answer any questions.
Higher Education Career
Marketing & Project Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: working with professionals and academians
Cons: limited career advancement opportunities
• Financial Management: Manage operational budget, including general accounting AP/AR, daily transactions, cost control, payroll, reimbursements purchase requisitions & orders, travel and entertainment expenses, contracts with external clients, professional services, and events.
• Prepare for internal audits & ensure financial compliance
• Develop annual/quarterly budgets for department staffing including, Student Employees, Graduate Assistants and Part-time faculty
• Provide budget direction/advice to chair and department faculty
• Administration: Assist chair in day-to-day operational decision-making and problem-solving for staffing, payroll, office policies and procedures, & processes and guidelines aimed to improve the quality and productivity of the department
• Hire, train, mentor, and coach six to ten student employees and six Graduate Assistants as needed in the dept.
• Plan, generate and manage annual department undergraduate and graduate course catalog; planning of roughly 260 classes each year taught by about 60-70 full-time and part-time faculty
• Promote classes, workshops, & programs to increase awareness and class enrollment
• Event planning and coordination of special events, workshops, seminars, and quarterly meetings
• Point of contact for adjunct faculty- coordinate annual orientation and quarterly class evaluations & screen potential candidates
• Manage & update department’s website, software licensing, and contracts with Market Research companies

I learned a lot about the tenure process, academic policy, the career of professors and teaching and many other areas of academia which I learned to admire and now I respect a lot everyone in the teaching profession. The hardest part of the job was to try to please everyone, which is almost impossible. I also enjoyed working with everyone in this profession because teaching is one of the most beautiful and hardest professions.
Great learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 23, 2015
As a Research Assistant I was responsible to gather information on the various Biotechnology forms in India. I was also responsible to research on the entrepreneurial atmosphere in India. I also gathered data on the female labor participation in the Indian organisations and also their participation in the lower and upper houses of the Indian Assembly.
Nursing Education
Full-Time Faculty (Current Employee), North Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Management is phenomenal
Team approach to teaching/learning
Nursing school where differences are encouraged and co-workers celebrate each other
Interprofessional campus with intentional opportunities to build cross cultural relationships for interdisciplinary students
Same politics as any academic institution
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Overall DePaul is a very welcoming and friendly place. It has the same political and power struggles like most universities.
The first step into a large IT department
Technical Deployment Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
I had a part time position over there when I back in school. It is good way to learn and see how a large IT department work, and it can also build up not just your technical skill but customer facing skill.
Productive and good place to be employed
Groundsman and custodian (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free tuition and get a good education.
Cons: no job is going to be perfect, it may have some cons, but it can be made better.
Working at Depaul is a good place to work.I learned a lot from Depaul. I like the hours and i like the fact i do something different everyday.I like working both inside and outside. I have the maintenance safety training from them to.I just think its a good job to have.We can be a good team when we come together to perform a job.