DePaul Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Place to Work
DePaul (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2016
DePaul is a terrible place to work. They treat psychiatric patients poorly, leadership (Micromanagers) are NEVER around, Nurses mock patients, both staff and patients get hurt, no care for safety, high turnover, and low morale. DePaul also treats individuals with disabilities terrible.
Pros
Little or None
Cons
Bad Management
A beneficial place to work
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 8, 2016
My experience working at the DePaul group is a very positive experience. Very relaxed work environment, focused on result.
Tons of paperwork, lovable clients......want to take them ALL home
Vocational Services Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2015
As a Social Worker, I found my niche by working with this population...I've realized that I have to advocate for some but educate most on Mental Illness as it does not discriminate.....
Pros
Making a difference in a few people lives....
Cons
Having to terminate relationships, as each one grows in different directions be it either the Vocational Therapist or the client....
Not a good enviroment to work in
Dietary/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 23, 2015
There is very little team work here and are quite often out of compliance without the appropriate amount of people who are supposed to be on each shift. This place just sucks your soul right out of you. I have never in all of my years worked for any place where most of the employees are on nerve or anxiety medication just to be able to come into the building.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, understaffed
working with illness
Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 27, 2015
Working at DePaul was always something different. Everyday was a different story from a different resident. Hearing the lives of some of them was a learning experience on its own.
Management was well when it came to training and focusing on residents.
Co-workers all worked together and became a small family.
Hardest part of the job was watching some of the residents relapse and be sent to the hospital.
Pros
the job itself
I enjoyed the residents
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester NyApril 22, 2015
I prepared daily meals for the residents. i also made sure i knew what the residents wanted to eat for that particular meal. i also wash dishes and kept the clean and dinning area clean.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
part time
Wouldn't trust them to care for my dog. Deceptively pleasant appearance
Cook (Former Employee) –  HenriettaNovember 17, 2014
Appearances are very important to this company because until you live/work their, you may not pick up on the poor care, high turn-over, and horrible overall management from top to bottom. The only positives to working there is learning how to interact with different people of all ethnicity's and the wisdom shared by residents. The food is horrible, aides are constantly understaffed and mandated to work or face losing their job, policies broken, and administration could not care less. It's a "revolving door" company. Almost as soon as the aides are trained, they either leave or are fired and new ones come in. Every two-four weeks there are 5+ new aides to replace the others. I learned to figure out for sure what kind of company you are going to be working for before wasting your time with them. My co-workers could be fun to work with but I found out the hard way that however your supervisor feels about you, is the way they will begin to feel about you. The hardest part is removing all the knives from your back when you leave after a long shift. Also being short staffed all the time and dealing with mandated aides for the same reason because they are often disgruntled and feel it's your obligation to better their night. Another hard part is when you leave, hoping the residents will survive the atrocious care overlooked by administration. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the residents and their families, providing them with quality care at least while you are on shift. They are often very thankful to have someone who cares and will brighten their day around.
Pros
one free meal and caring for the residents
Cons
frozen/canned prepared food, poor care, high staff turnover, management, healthcare, broken policies, ...
Energetic and great place to be a higher ed professional
COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2014
A typical day at work is about engaging with the students that come in the Adult Student Center, connecting them with university resources and building relationships to foster a successful transition back into college. My co-workers are great, it is a very diverse office environment. The hardest part is being at multiple events at once since there is always a lot going on in campus. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet all the students and having the opportunity to professionally develop.
Not a good place to work!!!
Residential counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYJune 1, 2014
This company is horrible!!! I worked there for about three years I complained for months about being harassed and bullied and nothing was done... I finally put my complaints in writing via email and I was fired the very next day... Favoritism is highy practiced in this company!!!
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
over worked and under paid
Poor Management and negative work environment
management (Former Employee) –  buffalo, nyMay 13, 2014
DePaul USED to be a great company that appreciated the staff members. The Administration ignores complaints and allows harassment, unfair work practices and bullying. Numerous complaints were made to Human Resources, nothing was done. There is indirect retaliation when you express concerns. Too many friendships between Directors and staff, this causes turmoil and favortism.
Pros
helping the residents
Cons
understaffed, unprofessional, negative environment
Good place to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonApril 26, 2014
Very friendly people around you all day. Paid weekly and always on timely matter. Good supervisor also.
Pros
good pay
Cons
around hazardous material.
quiet and nice
Help Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  rochester nyApril 3, 2014
Comfortable atmosphere, flexible schedules
Good hours

A lot of work
nice people to work for
Pros
hours
Cons
vaction time
It is what it is
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2013
People were very friendly and supportive of complicated processes. A large portion of the day was spent monitoring, reassigning and correcting support desk tickets. Backing up level 1 help desk calls on a daily scheduled basis. Managing infrastructure projects and working with vendors The hardest part of the job was the reactive working environment and lack of proactive processes to replace out dated equipment.
Pros
the hard working and dedicated people
Cons
upper management’s clearly lacks experience and understanding of information technologies
Productive and fun workplace
Adult Care Facilitator/Commissary (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJune 19, 2013
A typical work day would consist of helping to serve senior residents their daily meals. I learned to love to cook healthy meals and to respect all different cultures, age groupes, and ethnics. My co-workers and I would prepare and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The hardest part of the job was remembering exactly how each resident liked their meals. The best part of the job was being able to interact with people more than twice my own age and still being able to relate make connections with them.
Pros
making friends with the senior citizens
Cons
washing dishes
Like a Prison not only for residents,but for employess too.
Community Living Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 28, 2013
Halstead's Director changes the rules every other week. Sometimes I feel like I am in a concentration camp. They Admin staff treat the Deaf employess better then regular staff. You still get a write up with Dr. excuses and/or police reports. The employess do a treat day and the "Boss" denies food to other employees even though they have permission to eat. The kitchen staff are slack they leave the equip with food on them like it was never wiped down. The program director acts like a homo. Overall the place sucks. Only reason I stay is to get experience in the mental health field
Pros
able to sit down and do work.
Cons
can not leave outside the buliding during your lunch break.
This company is horrible to work for
Department head (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga locationOctober 30, 2012
As a former department head in the Buffalo market DePaul is a horrible employer. The administrator was crazy (literally), all the department heads hated there positions from being over worked and underpaid, nursing staff is so overworked and understaffed with way to much mandation. The health department is there on a monthly basis. Auditors comes weekly from Rochester to tell you what you are doing wrong.
Pros
residents are pleasant and appreciate all you do for them.
Cons
everything
Good
Recreation Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 7, 2012
Great place to work. People friendly. Very fun place to work. Many different things to do.
Great Job
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2012
We get children off of the bus and provide them with an after school snack. We provide them a safe and healthy enviornment where we play and interact with the children until their parents pick them up.
Acute Psychiatric Hospital
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 17, 2012
As a social work intern on the Child/Adolescent (C/A) unit at the DePaul Center – my primary role and purpose was to work with children and adolescents to address patient needs and provide therapeutic services. More specifically, I composed psychosocial assessments, lead group therapy, family therapy, and individual therapy sessions. I also set up outpatient appointments and helped patients prepare for discharge.