Dependable Auto Shippers Employee Reviews

a very professional environment to work in
Vehicle Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Linden NJApril 4, 2017
i was very comfortable working for Dependable Auto Shippers and the management was great in helping with any issue that arose. I would recommend people to work for this company
great place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 20, 2017
awesome place to work for nice bosses ,managers, customers, and staff loved working there. I learned a lot about cars life and friends. I was sand when the company was sold. lots of good times
a good job for a bad company
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 5, 2017
DAS was a decent job for anyone. i worked as a yard hand at the NJ terminal for 4 years. everyone in the NJ terminal was amazing some of the greatest people ive ever met in my entire life. very much a family atmosphere. our corporate overlords where a different story. i always heard horror stories from the truck drivers and from customers about how the company was given them a hard time or not paying them or not paying out a damage claim. they closed the NJ terminal in april 2016 and with that the company lost there best asset. i remember the CEO drove up from Texas to tell us they didn't have enough money to pay us overtime anymore and he did so at the end of his cross country vacation in a custom built RV with a matching Jeep in tow on the company dime. horrible company. but not a bad gig
One of the best businesses I have worked for
Senior Corporate Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 7, 2016
I worked for DAS for over 5 years and loved it. The environment felt more like a family rather than just coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with both the corporate accounts and the transferee one on one.
Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 26, 2016
The departments are great but the upper management is not so great. Upper management is constantly lying and putting the blame on the employee's.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
Upper management
Great family to work for
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great family owned operation that truly cared about it's employees.
Ownership listened to ideas.
Reputation was exquisite at one time.
Fun place to work with awards for achieving set goals.
Pros
Atmosphere, not regimented
Cons
a couple of bad decisions shut it down
Great company to work for
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 13, 2016
The company cares about its employees. Everyone is very friendly, and professional. Management is easiest to work with.
Pros
Awesome company to work for
Cons
The market is tough with competition
Great Place to work
Director of Maintenance/Road Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 26, 2016
This was the best company Ever and a great place . everyone helped each other and had a gold to grow and be the best trucking company ever.
then they wanted out and the company went down hill from there
Pros
what ever it took to do the job
Cons
no time for your family
Poor Management
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 29, 2016
Dependable Auto Shippers is a trucking company in which we ship anything from car to boats. Due to the past 3-4 years DAS has been lying to their customers about when the vehicle will be shipped and arrived. The employees that worked in customer service would often get threaten saying that they will come into DAS and shoot up the place!!!
Cons
paper checks
Worked directly with large accounts to create and maintain business relationships. Developed and executed actions plans to resolve any business issues
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Worked directly with large corporate accounts daily to provide accurate updates regarding their customers vehicle relocations. The job required attention to detail and knowledge about transport logistics/DOT regulations. I enjoyed working with the majority of the accounts that I handled as well as my co-workers. This position was considered an Account Manager position, however required customer service as well to the customers/ transferees that were being relocated. The hardest part of my job was receiving phone calls after hours and on Saturday/ Sundays when I was unable to provide resolution as quickly as an account had anticipated.
Pros
Salary, Co- Workers
Cons
Management, job stability, room to grow
upper management 100% supportive
Director of Safety and Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 14, 2015
Passed two DOT audits thus far. Great relationship with liability insurance carrier. Renewed for ten consecutive years with same carrier as of this month.
Pros
location, casual work environment, support from upper management
Cons
financial structure of company
Interesting place to work- stressful
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite TXJuly 7, 2015
Things were improving with new management, but changed drastically when that management left. Employees were stressed not knowing what was happening with in the company and upper management did very little to assist mid management to quell the rumors. Open door meetings with upper management where the staff could hear about financial issues and major escalations with customers/vendors. There are favorites that are played within the company that allows valued employees to feel under appreciated. The work load is not spread out properly resulting in several employees being overwhelmed and stressed. Upper management was made aware of all the issues and did nothing to correct them. Constantly stating that this was a big person job and the staff needed to act accordingly. They let seasoned employees leave or dismiss them to try to save money by hiring incompetent personnel that perform under par and providing poor service that should not come from a company that is over 60 years old.
Pros
Free lunches on Friday on ocassion, casual dress everyday
Cons
Poor management, change with out explaination, continous stress through out the day.
Good Experience - Nice People -
Corporate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMay 14, 2015
I was only with Dependable Auto Shipper for 2 years before my position was liquidated due to the company relocation my division to TX.
Move them fast and safe
Customer Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Responsible for the recruitment, training and supervision of a staff of twenty-five  Provided assistance in the development of new policies/procedures related to improving customer service  Provided real-time metrics of monitored calls and representative adherence to policies/procedures  Researched customer claims and when appropriate authorized credits and charges related to such.
8-5 Work day managing cars that were late on delivery to customers.
Corporate Service: Late Car Management Team (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Managing the position and delivery of vehicles that were already deemed "Late" to a location picked by the customers. Coworkers were enjoyable and management was open to give help when it was needed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the number of customers during peak season (summertime). The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and phone calls to colorful charachters.
Corporate Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 21, 2014
While interviewing, I expressed my absolute interest in this company, to my then Supervisor. I feel I absolutely demonstrated the same while employed there and wasn't given the chance to advance due to restructuring of the company.
Pros
Accommodating customers, being able to possibly change my co-workers day with a simple hello.
Cons
Management, benefits, and the pay wasn't too great either
temporary position
Auto Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 4, 2014
Delivered new and used cars all over the US. Was a team driver over-the-road
Love my Team
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day would be making sure all my clients were taking care of.
Opportunity to advance quickly
On-Site Manager in Danbury, CT at Cartus (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 9, 2014
If you focused on where you wanted to be in the company you could take aim and find that opportunity with hard work
Poor management
Corporate Account Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 11, 2013
needs new leadership. no lead by example. constant change. hours 8-4:30. owners are great but lead personal and management expect more than they are willing to do.