Dependable Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Great Place to work, flexible scheduling
Lead Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 2, 2017
Dependable is a very wonderful company to work for. The employee benifits are really really good for this industry. The schedules are flexable. The coordinators are Rock Stars and work very hard. The layout of the company is well organized and meets the needs of all. Besides the general staffing shortage in the state of MN, I really can't find much not to like about the company itself! (Warning, the higher paying jobs are tough so don't expect a cake walk even though the interview is sweet and nice!)
Pros
Great Company!!!
Personal Care Aid
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAFebruary 2, 2017
I love working with my patients. Everyday is a different day and another laugh that brightens your day. Your working hours are not bad at all and the company will work with you.
building of meaningful relationships
Direct Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZJune 21, 2016
A person working for dependable will meet people from many walks of life. Some who need the help, care or even just to spend time with another person. Helping others gives meaning to your own life, and you get to build meaningful relationships. It is not an easy job all the time but it has its rewards.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Needs better management
Up to you!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  23 Empire ave saint paul mnJune 1, 2016
I worked as a DSP for this company for a little over a year. There has been more then 3 supervisors hired at the place i worked at coming and going. I was told the company puts alot on the supervisors. The trainings are up to date. Its hard to get a day off of work even for "family emergency". I was told to find someone to cover my shift otherwise i would have to work. I think thats kind of ridiculous. There's no room for a raise even if you and everyone knows that you come into your job everyday and everyone (supervisors and lead staff) thinks that you are doing a great job and beyond your job, unless you been at your position for 2 years atleast or got a promotion to be lead or supervisor.
Pros
training is up to date.
Cons
no room for a raise...
Don't Do It
Float (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 4, 2016
I was a float with this company. Worst company I ever worked for. Every staff I talked too hate the job. I worked with over 15 people and only met one staff been there for longer then a year. Schedules was constantly messed up. They will schedule you 15minutes shift.
Great field to be in if you can be strong hearted and truly care for the disabled.
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 16, 2015
My typical day required a huge heart and being prepared for anything from someone with any disability at any age and the ability to work though any situation. I learned how to care and understand what people with disabilities go through everyday and what they need to make their lives easier. Management was always a tremendous help with anything and any question I ever had. Always helpful and constantly compassionate to any situation. Being required to work in a clients house and adapting to their world and routine. But not only assuring that the job is done precisely to the client but to the family as well would have to be the hardest part of that job. The most enjoyable part of this job I would have to say was not only making new and awesome friends but over time, watching my clients grow into a more fulfilling and enjoyable life as they overcome their disabilities and learn to adapt to their communities and everyone involved in their life and also have some enjoyment in their lives as they overcome their disabilities one day at a time.
Pros
Helping people to progress, overcome, adapt and live a better life.
Cons
Working with people that did not have a chance at a better life that they deserved.
Stay Away
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint PaulJune 11, 2015
This is the most unorganized and unethical company that I have ever worked for. Stay away! Complete lack of leadership from upper management and no support for those doing day to day work!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Flexible and fun place to work
In Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 8, 2014
Working with people who have disabilities can be challenging but it is also an awarding experience with which I definitely enjoyed. You have to be able to pass medication to clients and you are responsible for getting them to appointments. I learned a lot about communication and patience during my time here and was able to strengthen my time management skills.
Personal care assistant
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  little canada mnMay 3, 2014
My typical day at work is following up with my client's daily activity plan getting them dressed, grooming, bathing & preparing meals. I learned that caring for my clients& helping them out is a great feeling knowing you've helped somebody out throughout the day. The job is leveled & steady I don't really have a weak area in my workforce.
Official response from Dependable Home Health Care
May 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing! We're lucky to have you a part of the Dependable Team. May I ask why you chose one out of five stars after such a positive review?

Care Plan that gives you a goal!
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNSeptember 24, 2013
It is very rewarding to help make a change and a difference. Working with specialized children has been an excellent experience for me. The care plan Dependable Home Health Care provides to each patient sets a goal. When you complete the goals the outcome is amazing. A care plan is a plan for the future for many specialized children that makes a difference.

Basic life skills is the most typical day to day work experience. What you teach to the patient helps build a foundation of every day routine. Although, the care plan is set its your job as a PCA (Personal Care Attendant) to find a way that best fits the patient and reach the goals. The staff is excellent ready for anything and willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dependable Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8