Dept of Corrections Employee Reviews

long hrs but very rewarding
Correctional Officer II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: work hrs
Cons: some holiday work
Working for the state is a very rewarding job.
I learned the cctv system around the whole unit .
how to help install the cameras and ensure they were hooked up to the moniters in the observation room.
watching and observeing the activites of the whole unit to enclude the inmates and visitor area
Enjoyable employment
WAREHOUSE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Chester, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch at work on a daily basis.
Cons: n/a
Started work at 8AM, through the work day and over time, I learned many aspects of this particular position of employment. I learned the basics of rotating stock to a bit more complicated things such as unloading trucks, and pack and ship goods to from the warehouse. The management was easy to get along with, I enjoyed going to work and they enjoyed having me at work as a reliable and dependable employee. My co-workers worked under my supervision most of the time and asked me how to properly troubleshoot problems and fix them correctly as needed and necessary.
good work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 9, 2015
25 yeas of experience. Long hours, lots of ot. Needed to get out and find something closer to home. Stressful and did the same job over and over
government job
Medical Records clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2014
Managing prision inmate medical records. this was my start of electronic Medical records experience
Busy days on home checks
State Probation Officer (Former Employee), Seminole, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: loved the work
Cons: lot of traveling
Very busy work......Lot of home checks to insure Probationers were adhering to the terms and conditions of their probation
Dental Asst
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Bonifay, FLJanuary 14, 2014
chair side assisting, OSHA and Infection Control procedures, numerous logs per FL statutes. Data entry and chart reviews. Cross trained in Medical Records.
They do not care about there employees. They care more for the inmates.Management and unit managers do not do there job and they leave early.
general population counselor (Former Employee), Alto, GAMay 16, 2013
Pros: 4 weeks off, sick days pd, holidays
Cons: health care is to high, management is not expected to do anything as much as staff.
They do not have a 401 k that they match. Management is very poor and staff under them are over worked and have to many job. They need to be unionized but it seems the south is the slaves of the north. south is doomed for poverty. someone always has to keep south oppressed.
Great Place to work
Processing Assistant IV (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 25, 2013
Although my opportunity was only temporary and part time, I learned a lot from this experience and would love to work for a state agency again
supervise inmates
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: hours
Its a good company the benifits are good and its a great job, i want to retire there, great people
good to work with the inmates
Correctional officer (Current Employee), Madison IndianaNovember 4, 2012
Pros: good benefits, some good people
I got to learn alot about people that were there and their lives. I really enjoyed working with them.
Corrections is a learning place.
LPN Yard nure (Former Employee), Buckeye, AZSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: upper management
A nurses got a chance to experience all of the workings of the prison. Nurses were nurses and all helped to teach and educate each other. Not just all work and no play type of job. All were family and
rewarding family work place
loader and kitchen help (Former Employee), Kingman, AZAugust 1, 2012
Pros: family and friends close by
Cons: super long hours sometime with no compensation
It's good to work with your family and friends and it makes the day's rewarding not a chore it also makes things much more productive and lessen to be learned
learning and growth
loader and kitchen help (Former Employee), Kingman, AZAugust 1, 2012
Pros: no rent, food cost, or bills
Cons: constant high level of stress
You cant help but to grow and learn about other people as well as tolerance and acceptance of views and idea's of others
A place where one appreciates work discipline
Dietary Line Chief (Former Employee), Somerset, PAJuly 10, 2012
A typical day was long but rewarding. Learned to tolerate many personalities. Management was just, management. Co-workers were ok. Toughest part of job are the personalities. Enjoyable part was the food.
Not for everyone, you have to be focus
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Raiford, FLJune 6, 2012
Cons: high of the health risk part
Due to the laws I'm not allowed to provided any info at this time. It's a high risk job.
Mail room assistant supervisor I was well like and respected. I loved the work and people
Assistant supervisor in mail room (Former Employee), Beeville, TexasMarch 8, 2012
Pros: work great, advancement great, benefits great. respected, well liked
Cons: dangerous environment, i wanted to be around law abiding citizens.
Assistant supervisor in mail room. I was well liked, respected, advancement was great. I stayed there for 13 years. Benefits were great. I got great performance reviews and did advance.