Dept of Education

Dept of Education United States Employee Reviews

Good Job
Ponce High School & José Emilio Lugo Teacher (Former Employee), Ponce, P.RJuly 8, 2014
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: benefits
A typical day working at the Department of Education is to teach chemistry to young juniors. I have learned through this to cultivate a love for education and continuing to work with different youth and their needs. I belonged to a dynamic team both administrative and labor courts. The limitations are the lack of resources. The most important of this work is to see how my students develop academically, socially well.
Enjoyable.challenging, learned a lot of new things
Elementary Grade Teacher (Former Employee), PhilippinesMay 30, 2014
It's a good place for me to work, walking distance and able to see my kids while i'm school. Learned to be strict in implementing rules in order the pupils to follow and behave at school. W/ a good relationship w/ co- teachers, we shared different ideas when it comes to teaching and new things that we need to learn, and sometimes family matters.
N/A
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Washoe County, NV & St Lucie County, FLDecember 11, 2013
N/A. This is no further review necessary at this time.

Typical day at work
What I learned
Co-Workers
Hardest part of job
Most Enjoyable part of job
productive exciting ,fun
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2013
Pros: learn new skills
Cons: the pay
The board of Education is a wonderful place to work the teachers are wonderful and being around educators makes you always want to learn and better yourself and be an example for others.
great place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 19, 2012
Pros: love working with children
Cons: none that i found
Work with students
How to manage my time,
I managed y day
Not have the answers to some problems
Going home without incident
Fun,
Science Teacher (Current Employee), Abuanan Elem. School, Bago CityJune 8, 2012
Pros: field trips
Cons: no financial assistance given to pupils who go with the teacher on trainings
A smile everyday, every hour and every minute.Learned to be patient, fair, firm and open minded. There are schoolheads that are easy to get along with. Just be submissive and optimistic. My co-teachers are all unique. They're my critics. The hardest part in teaching is on how to discipline children from all walks of life. What i like most of being a science teacher is going to trainings with my pupils, we're able to explore new places, the environment, enjoy while learning.