Dept of Health Employee Reviews

Busy workplace with good people
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 16, 2017
My position was temporary and I needed to move on to another position, but most of the people I work with are nice. All are very busy. Hard to make contacts. I had a contract job, and there was no health insurance.
possible rift
Clerical Worker/ medical field (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work will be having a good flow with the patients entering and exiting the building. Having a busy day make the day go by really fast. I have learned how interact with the public.
Pros
hour long lunch flexible time off
Cons
the pay is not great
Was hoping for good
Everything (Former Employee) –  New River Health DistrictFebruary 1, 2017
Bad working experience. Management doesn't help at all when needed. Thrown out to the wolves without any training. Anytime manager asked never got help. Turnover has been really high. Expect to travel a lot in the district even though no one tells you this when hired. Can't talk to HR about problems due to the "buddy" factor". Pay is really bad. I'm a hard worker always have been, liked the fast paced and that was about it. Just an overall bad experience.
productive/team work
Record Technician and Case Record Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with handicapped individuals and able to help them accomplish some goals in life. I interviewed them and send them to be tested to see how they can be helped for a training or job.
benefits
Cons
salary increases
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
Great environment, and wonderful people, and well worth the drive. Coming in meeting with the staff and meeting with the nurses was a wonderful and eventful time.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Position had various duties making the day fly by and keeping me on my toes
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2015
A typical day at work included but was not limited to handling approximately 100 invoices, verifying purchase orders were done and correct. I also processed refunds for Medical Billing and Environmental Health Departments. I handled all secretarial duties for my manager.
Exciting
Vital Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 11, 2012
This job taught me how to work with other on a more professional level. Here I was able to experience different types of work such as creating birth and death certificates. How to correct certificates and make amends to different types of legal forms.

Want to know more about Dept of Health?

Ask a question