Dept Of Motor Vehicles Employee Reviews

A very serious work place
Manager I (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 13, 2017
Yo work for the DMV is an excellent job experience. You ha e to have dedication,to be a very honest person. You have to have passion for the hob it's hard work. You have to get alone with your peers and the public. You had to keep your funds straight. You had to have integrity.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
So.etimes stressful
Great place to work with the public
Motor Vehicle Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 31, 2017
I had an awesome experience working with customer, and helping people receive beneficial information. I graded exams, and administered exams as well. I was not always a peaceful environment but we were trained very well to deal with each situation.
Pros
No late nights, State Job, Benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks, Customers aggressive sometimes
Very fast paced work environment
Motor Vehicle Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 5, 2017
Customer service and understanding was a vital part of employment there. Familiarity with changing laws and rules of public safety was a must. Knowledge of small office equipment.
High Workload and Low Pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 7, 2016
I worked for this agency for over 7 years, the hours are long and we received very little help when customer volume was high. Upper management is only looking out for self. There is no pay incentive to stay for a longer period of time and the advancement opportunities is very low (maybe higher if you are in the Richmond area). I was over qualified to work there seeing as I have both a BA and a Master's but stayed due to (at the time) enjoyed my job. After over 7 years with no pay raise and no advancement I choose to leave to find a job with an actual career path. This is a great job for individual finishing college or in between jobs. Do not expect this to be an actual career. If you have a family to support would not recommend this job for you. The work/Life balance is very poor as the agency believes the customer needs out weigh there employees. So to that line of thinking employee burn out is very possible after a few years.
Pros
co-workers, customers
Cons
extremly high workload, very low pay
Great place to work but extremely busy
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 20, 2015
Enjoyed working here. The Management was terrific and co-workers were wonderful. The atmosphere, due to the nature of the job, was chaotic and very busy, but there was always support!
Pros
Great place to meet people and wonderful co-workers
Cons
Very busy and not enough help at times
Exciting work environment
Knox County Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 28, 2014
Family like environment, I enjoyed working their very much.
Pros
Fun, exciting, never a dull moment.
Cons
Stressful at times.
enjoyable
Motor Vehicle Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAMay 10, 2013
The challenges of different situations that may come your way in your daily work. Although some days maybe more difficult than others when dealing with the public, the reward of helping customers and feeling good about it. I learned that listening to others is very important,and not to take it personally if you have an irate customer.I worked in my office for over 20 years,with management and co-workers and try to get along with all. I really liked my job and when I came across a situation that either never encountered or had not had over the years I felt good when I could figure out a situation. I also helped my co-workers when I could figure out a problem. I like helping everyone as much as I could. I enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
enjoyed my job and co-workers
Cons
when the govenor cuts our salary
Motor Vehicle Compliance Analyst
Motor vehicle Compliance Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Vivian, LAAugust 9, 2012
The day started at 8AM and ended at 4PM but required to be at work at 7:30AM and carry cash and receipts to bank by 4:30PM.
Processed multiple transactions (Vehicle titles and taxes, ID cards, and driver's licensing and the collection of fees) on line to update motor vehicles and driver management records utilizing several computer systems.
Conducted written driver's licensing tests, and vehicle driving tests (evaluating the driving ability of applicants) determining the eligibility/denial of driver's license
Pros
good working environment and ability of improving customer service skills.
Cons
work place is a long distance from home.
x
Driver Safety Division (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 30, 2012
Fast paced, high stress - time went by quickly and people were nice.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no time to breathe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dept Of Motor Vehicles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4