Dept of Social Services - Local Employee Reviews

Co-workers worked well together and looked out for one another.Shared skills for example technology or formal trainings.
Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Durham,February 22, 2017
Job was very stressful. I chose to take a lower position because my job as Social Worker 111 kept me away from my family at night and work on the weekend.
Pros
Good Heath insurance, good vacation and sick time. Able to spent time with wife and children more and go on vacation .
Cons
overtime, stressful, heavy caseload
review
Income Maintenance Caseworker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 23, 2017
Family oriented. Opportunities for growth are limited. Great career starter. Company moral is important, committees are making great efforts to ensure that it remains high.
Nice person to work fot
Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, MIOctober 30, 2016
I loved this job, it was like being at home away from home. When I cared for this client, it was never stressful. We played cards, I enjoyed cooking meals for him. He appreciated me just being there keeping him company.
Case Clean Up (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Very pleasant to work for. The lady that trained me was very thorough and made it easy to learn. The hardest part of the job was well it wasn't hard at all. Maybe just the drive in. Coworkers were very nice and polite. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing with a case and knowing I did all I could to make it easier on someone else's job on a very heavy work load.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Didn't last very long due to funding.