DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION

DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION Employer Reviews

All in all it was a friendly workplace and nice atmosphere
Program/Management Analyst, GS-12 (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 16, 2014
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks
A day at the FAA office was busy, I learned to do my job and be very good at it. Management supported growth and advancement. My co-workers were the best. They were friendly, respectful, and we were very supportive of each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers because they were also my friends.
Fun Workplace in serious employment
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee), Mather, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: retirement
Cons: stressful at first
If you're sort of a introvert, but out going among a few people, this might be the job for you!
Typical State Job
Associate Governmental Program Analyst (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: pays well
Cons: lack of quality management
Job pays well, you have great benefits, but the job itself leaves a lot to be desired.
Great co-workers
Toll Collector (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 5, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits, hours, pay grade, work environment
Cons: exposure to exhaust fumes
You come in, get your cash box, get your paperwork for the day/night and get briefed about things that have happened or are coming up. I learned where new places where. I had wonderful co-workers who cared about each other. The hardest part of the job was knowing directions to virtually everywhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with – more... my fellow co-workers and being able to serve the public – less
Productive and hard working.
Student Employee (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 23, 2014
Work began at 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Samples would come in throughout the day from mines and quarries around the province to be tested to see if it was worth production for the roads. The job consisted of performing multiple tests on each sample that came in then recording the data we received on a graph, which we then passed on to supervisor who documented – more... it.

I learned more about sorting and different types of rocks/sand/gravel used on the roads. About cement, asphalt, etc. It was a good go for getting used to hard work environments and having to be somewhat face paced to get everything done within a time slot.

Us staff in the lab area didn't talk to management very much until she came down to complain or ask how things were coming along. The co-workers were good, open to helping you with any questions you may have.

Hardest part of the job was the original sorting of materials to begin testing. Enjoyable was how long some tests took to complete, so there was often small 3-5 minute break times throughout the day as well as the normal breaks. – less