DePuy Synthes Employee Reviews

A Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Quality Engineer, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Monument, COMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at DePuy Synthes and being able to apply engineering principles to help the company's customers and ultimately their end users, the health care providers and their patients.
Easy Job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Monument, COJanuary 23, 2017
An easy job in manufacturing making surgical nails and screw for JnJ. A typical day consist of running 4-5 machines by yourself and checking the parts according to process sheets.
A day of working at Depuy
Quality Tech II (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 20, 2016
My coworkers are simply the best. We are a team and always pull together to achieve the outcome of the day. Hardest part of my job is to make sure that the product I receive in daily is ready to meet surgery dates. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I leave is knowing that I impact peoples lives. I work for a company that takes pride in what we provide. We enrich others capabilities to walk, run, and move better.
Pros
Great benefits, work out room, nice cafeteria
Cons
have to wear steel toes
Great environment
Material Handler -Evaluations (Current Employee) –  Monument, CONovember 17, 2016
I liked working for Synthes. It has great pay, fun events, respect for individuals and fantastic benefits. Growth inside the work area. Management team is helpful and great for listening when you have a problem. Management Team work as a real team to make it easier for the workers and keeps them safe.
Pros
Benefits, Safe environment, Easy access to work instruction, helpful for home life
Cons
To much change at once during the turn over
Good flex-time and work/life balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 7, 2016
Very supportive of people with families. Good work and life balance. Management is flexible with work hours. I'm happy with my compensation.
Cons
Management and No advancement for employees without a degree (regardless of job or experience).
overall a good place to work if you are a sales rep
Sales Representative - Orthopedic - Trauma (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2016
Was great working experience leader a lot got a chance to work with different surgeons. the hardest part in this job you have keep up to date with your studies.
Pros
independent
Cons
commission no sale no pay
Great company
Label Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at DePuy Synthes very much. The company and the people are high quality and managers work to improve the employees and prepare them for advancement.
Pros
Opportunities are always available
Cons
Bad coffeee
Productive, learn new areas if you are able to transfer, great benefits
QA/QC Inspector I (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2016
Co-workers are negative, quality is not priority all the time, management/supervisor doesn't seem to care, productive work, plenty of overtime,
Benefits
Cons
No job merit recognition, no career advancement, negative work environment
Ok
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 7, 2016
Work life balance is good and bad. Has some nice benefits and paid time off options. Career development is pushed which is a good thing at times too.
Pros
Good benefits outside of health insurance, work life balance, career development
Cons
Work/life balance
Fast pace environment, with focus on work life balance.
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAJune 1, 2016
I worked with the best group of people. Thorough and provide excellent care to the employees.
The company focus is on work life balance, family first, healthy living. They have a gym with personal trainers, multiple exercise classes and nutrition advise. Biometrics is a big focus to help employees focus on their health. The company employs a number of contract employees that do not have access to these services.
lots to learn
PACKAGER (Current Employee) –  Monument, COMay 9, 2016
easy job, demand accuracy since is a medical device company, lot to learn everyday. lots of paper work atentio to detail!!!
Pros
weekly paid
Cons
distance
Terrific work culture and job security.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYApril 29, 2016
The people here work together to meet their goals. Management invests in giving you all of the available opportunities. Its on your feet and repetitive work, but having enjoyable happy peers working with you makes it ok.
The vacation and benefits are great.
Pros
benefits, vacation and sick time. Friendly work culture.
Cons
Doesn't pay as well as other places although the extras here are better.
Required to perform at a high level which was very rewarding
Training and Development Specialist- J&J (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAApril 12, 2016
It is a pleasure serving at DePuy. The project requires a high level of performance and in turn the project team had the opportunity to learn a lot. The team members gave above and beyond what was required and were always willing to take a moment to celebrate the wins.
Great work environment
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 29, 2016
The work environment with the TruMatch team is incredible. A nice balance between work and fun. Everyone is made to feel included in all things.
Clean Environment to work
Company of Johnson &Johnson, CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Flats, NYFebruary 24, 2016
The original company of Synthes had a great Job Culture, unfortunately like many things business changes. The owner sold Synthes to Johnson and Johnson. Johnson and Johnson's business approach is mechanical. The feeling for the welfare and safety of the workers did not appear to be the highest priority. As the merger of the two companies came to be the Synthes workers were left with less Insurance coverage, less personal benefits, and greater feeling of being disconnected with the company as a whole. The time I had with company was a great experience. I thank every person for being great team mates.
Pros
cross training on many different machines
Cons
dissociation with management after merger
Great place
Branding and Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 10, 2016
This was a temporary job but it was a great place to work- loved every day. Very good to employees- open to all issues brought forward
High volume fast paced environment.
Professional Relations Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 23, 2016
There was never a shortage of incoming grant applications and due to budget constraints it became increasingly difficult to meet the requests at the anticipated levels and remain within our budget.

I learned so many important "people skills" such as becoming a good listener, attention to detail and to learning to become creative when a limited budget prevented me from being able to provide monetary support at the requested level.

I am so thankful to have worked with so many respected orthopedic institutions and to have met so many world famous surgeons and it was such a great sense of accomplishment when we were able to see a research project that we supported be published.
Pros
Generous salary and benefits.
Cons
Increasing budget cuts made it hard to be able to provide grant support at anticipated levels.
Integration Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 10, 2016
DePuy Synthes is a great company with a great finance team.
We continue to integrate the company into J&J systems, so there are many opportunities to learn. This allows for many new learning opportunities.
My co-workers are excellent finance professionals with a great team attitude. We pull together and support each other in many ways.
The hardest part of the job is a lack of resources and a lack of adequate ERP and financial systems.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the finance team.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Shortage of resources
Great place
Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 5, 2015
Good place to work for and there is a lot of growth that is possible. I enjoyed learning from experienced engineers and working on amazing projects.
No real support.
IT Technician Level (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 11, 2015
Very un-helpful and unfriendly manager in the IT division. Offered little to no assistance, no one seemed to understand what to do or could understand basic tasks. When asking for assistance, the IT manager will treat you terribly. Extremely low pay considering the work and what they ask of you.
Pros
Cons
See above.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DePuy Synthes. Our community is ready to answer.