DePuy Synthes Employee Reviews

I enjoy working at the company.
Regulatory Affairs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MADecember 13, 2017
There are many fun activities in the company to make employees happy. There are many learning opportunities. The workload is not too much. It is a good balance of life and work.
Great manufacturing workplace! Great pay and benefits.
Manufacturing , Quality and Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 12, 2017
Depuy is a great place to work overall. The pay, benefits and extras like a on site fitness center and cafeteria with a small company store are all fantastic.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
The environment can be a little cut throat
Casual Dress, Business forward vibes
Meeting Planner (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 21, 2017
J&J provides outstanding benefits that are hard to find in other companies. The work life balance is often talked about and mostly achievable. Dress is smart casual, so jeans are an acceptable part of work attire. Direct managers are easy to work with. However, the hierarchy and trickle down communication leave little to be desired from upper management. The hardest part of the job is the redundant desk work and lack of day to day excitement. On the contrary the exciting and enjoyable part is knowing that our work is going to a greater good. That we are training surgeons and healthcare providers to give excellent patient care and providing them with quality products to do so. When you get to see the customer facing side of the company it really is inspiring.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, exercise programs
Cons
lack of resources to do the best job possible
Productive but has its issues
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Monument, CONovember 15, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Management isn’t good. Employees don’t get treated fairly a lot of chiefs not enough indians. This place used to be a great company to work for before JnJ bought them.
100% commission based sales with lots of opportunity to grow business
Sales Representative Territory (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 9, 2017
I work as an independent contractor which is a 100% commission based. Management does an excellent job of providing additional orthopedic products and creates very rewarding incentivized opportunities. Management also does an excellent job of providing resources for success.
Strong Company
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PA 19380November 1, 2017
Excellent training. Work with skilled coworkers and physicians/surgeons. Top equipment. Well regulated and organized. Excellent pay and colleagues. Highly recommend.
Excellent work enviornment
Medical Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 25, 2017
Busy work day , but very productive. IT setup allows working from home, or anywhere.

Varried daily activities make the day go well.

Co-workers are very respectful. the personel are very business-like.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Time off is never a problem
Cons
Contract position has Zero benefits.
Good Internship Experience
Research and Development Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 20, 2017
I was an R&D Intern and the things I do really help with what they're currently facing. Real work, learned a lot. I feel like the manager kept thinking I was trying to skeem, and sometimes really controlling in terms of how long I should eat lunch for and don't really trust my time sheet. It was better after I had a talk with him though.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
I felt like my manager kept thinking I was low key a skeem, felt some type of way.
Great place to work at
Quality Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAOctober 17, 2017
A fulfilling work experience. Good co-workers, helpful. Work life balance is great, they promote many activities and support geat causes. Loved working here.
Once a great company culture, has become cut throat
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
The company has strayed away from its credo and will make your feel like a number instead of an employee. Frequent management changes and lack of support has made it hard to build any momentum.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Declining culture
Ok
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 9, 2017
There are many areas of DePuy Synthes are probably great but many in legacy Synthes management just refuses to let the culture change to the one J&J fosters.
Good overall company
Spinal Sales Consultant / (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Company is a good place to work. the problem comes from their inability to adapt to the changing industry. And the lack of support given to the reps in the field
Pros
Ethical Company
Cons
Lack of support in current competitive enviroment
Friendly and supportive work environment
Biotech operator (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 20, 2017
Developed team management skills to sustain balanced work environment with implementing team building and work project improvements.

The hardest part was to overcome current struggles and find solutions to fix problems.

The best experience to work in a good team environment and a great support.
Pros
great team
Cons
equipment failure
neat place to work
Kelly Service Contractor (Current Employee) –  Monument, COSeptember 19, 2017
interesting and neat place to work. i work nights so it can be slow. machines are loud. any and all tasks/processes are super easy a child could do it.
great place
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 18, 2017
Fantastic company to work for.
Wish I could have had a permanent job with them.
Stress free culture.
Work + life balance is exceptional.
would highly recommend this place to work
Balanced work/ family work place
Quality/Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania and FloridaSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with a team of well qualified engineers. I experienced a very friendly and professional environment. The end of contract was rather abrupt with a practically no notice.
Production driven
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Monument, CO 80132September 12, 2017
Fast paced manufacturing and warehouse operations
great Coworkers
Good benefits
advancement opportunity could be better
various discounts offered
various classes offered
Bid name company
CNC Programmer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 7, 2017
Nice place to show up and work. Employees get along very well with each other. lots of opportunities for overtime. Very bright and clean inside with an open atmosphere.
Promises, Promises Better like Temp work!
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 6, 2017
If you like temp work with multiple promises of getting in full time, then this is the place to be.

Management lies about future.

Management also promises to leave great review of work on Linked in, but in every case of people I talked to, this was not the case (including mine in which I was told twice, including my last day, that a positive review would be left on Linkedin).

Really sad because the the folks in the lab I worked in were great, but because of the lack of integrity by both the management and the lack of Depuy living by their own Credo I could never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
The actual people that work are grreat.
Cons
Lack of integrity by the Depuy culture.
It was fun place to work at the beggining
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Monument, COSeptember 4, 2017
I learned how to run the machines, the hardest part of my job was getting there it was a long drive, the most enjoyable part of my days was leaving work getting home and relax.