DePuy Synthes Employee Reviews

High volume fast paced environment.
Professional Relations Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 23, 2016
There was never a shortage of incoming grant applications and due to budget constraints it became increasingly difficult to meet the requests at the anticipated levels and remain within our budget.

I learned so many important "people skills" such as becoming a good listener, attention to detail and to learning to become creative when a limited budget prevented me from being able to provide monetary support at the requested level.

I am so thankful to have worked with so many respected orthopedic institutions and to have met so many world famous surgeons and it was such a great sense of accomplishment when we were able to see a research project that we supported be published.
Pros
Generous salary and benefits.
Cons
Increasing budget cuts made it hard to be able to provide grant support at anticipated levels.
Integration Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 10, 2016
DePuy Synthes is a great company with a great finance team.
We continue to integrate the company into J&J systems, so there are many opportunities to learn. This allows for many new learning opportunities.
My co-workers are excellent finance professionals with a great team attitude. We pull together and support each other in many ways.
The hardest part of the job is a lack of resources and a lack of adequate ERP and financial systems.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the finance team.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Shortage of resources
Great place
Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 5, 2015
Good place to work for and there is a lot of growth that is possible. I enjoyed learning from experienced engineers and working on amazing projects.
No real support.
IT Technician Level (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 11, 2015
Very un-helpful and unfriendly manager in the IT division. Offered little to no assistance, no one seemed to understand what to do or could understand basic tasks. When asking for assistance, the IT manager will treat you terribly. Extremely low pay considering the work and what they ask of you.
Pros
Cons
See above.
Productive place with an emphasis on team work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monument, CONovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping employees reach their personal and professional goals.
Different variety of projects assigned that made it more challenging and exciting to work on different tasks.
Clinical Department
Clinical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 19, 2015
Working in a clinical environment has taught me a great deal about the healthcare industry for which I am most grateful for as well as the project management skills that I will be able to use the rest of my working career.

I have also learned many software programs for payments and expenses as well.
Pros
JNJ product store
Cons
proper recognition for contributions
Great benefits, great culture and a great place to learn new skills
TruMatch Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, IndianaSeptember 10, 2015
DePuy Synthes is a great place to work. The people are supportive, energetic and focused on giving the patients the best care, the doctors the best tools and moving health care in a positive direction.
They are a company that practices what it preaches and one who is truly driven by the Johnson and Johnson Credo.
Pros
Supportive team, enthusiastic about innovation and strivign to move forward.
Cons
None really.
Fast Paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYAugust 25, 2015
Work environment changing with the take over of J&J, not the same place as it use to be. Very fast passed, which is expected with change of management.
fun place to work
Quality Engineer II (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAAugust 21, 2015
Very good salary, bonus, benefits, etc. Very entreprenurial atmosphere, often willing to let you go "off topic" a bit to work on other areas of interest
Work pace varied hour to hour
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Monument, COJuly 21, 2015
I would put parts into metal mesh baskets to be cleaned. Once cleaned I would inspect the parts by following standard operating procedures. If at anytime during the inspection one would fail the order would have to be gone through thoroughly. I learned about what all the different parts were for. Management and co-workers made me feel as if we were all family. Everyone got along and helped each other out. Hardest part of the job was figuring out what parts went to what cells. I mostly enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Endless overtime
Cons
The pay
Fantastic place to learn and grow
Product Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 14, 2015
My department was incredibly friendly and helpful. I had several opportunities to get involved in new projects, testing, documentation and analysis.
Synthes was a great company to work for.
Quality Administration (Former Employee) –  Monument, COApril 8, 2015
Individual experiences will vary by department/management team. I was fortunate that I loved my daily work, the company's mission and my manager.
Cons
Johnson & Johnson destroyed what was once a great culture
prfessional and clean
Packaging Lead Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYMarch 22, 2015
follow a process to run a machine on a line or inspect finished product. machining parts following processes and staying within regulations
Dynamic Director of Sales with more than 25 years of high-profile sales experience. Proven business development expertise.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Skilled Business Development Director with demonstrated experience and proven success in the Medical Device industry.

Throughout my career, I have developed a reputation for being passionate about developing growth strategies and delivering top line sales for a respected worldwide medical device industry leader, Johnson & Johnson, exhibiting a relentless work ethic and commitment to excellence.

My background includes more than 25 years of high-profile sales experience. I am able to work effectively in multicultural environments and have a strong knowledge and background in medical device sales, products and customer support.

Confident of my abilities and proud of my achievements, I am looking for a position that will allow me to make a positive contribution to your organization’s success. Regional Sales Director/Manager positions, as well as Business Development opportunities are a good fit to my qualifications and experience, and I am certain that I will be able meet the challenges it offers. I welcome the opportunity to discuss opportunities such as these with you further. I am available for personal interviews and to meet with you at your convenience.
Depuy/J&J
Field Inventory Rep (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Depuy/J&J is an excellent company to be employed by. They have a great work life balance of their commitment to health and well being of their employees is unsurpassed.
Depuy Synthes was a changing workplace under J&J
Design Quality Remediation Group Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Theres a lot of changes in the organization and culture from Synthes to Depuy Synthes, a J&J company. The Synthes products are of the highest quality including well-designed and well-manufactured.
Great company
Clinical Research Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 12, 2015
Great company. Great clinical team. Even though my role was spent travelling on the road I still felt involved with the team.
Solid work environment
Machine Operator/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Monument, COOctober 14, 2014
Solid work environment with upbeat and knowledgeable management.
Great atmosphere, Good people!
Senior Network Engineer (IT Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 2, 2014
I would arrive at work at 8:45 and logged into my workstation. I would always have a ton of emails to sort through. Most of them would be from clients and users asking for special requests. I would go through the tickets in priority of severity and work my way down until all the days ticket were resolved. I learned never to take a users word that "nothing happen, it just stopped working...lol". I also learned the follow up and follow through goes a long way in making sure the most hectic situations didn't get out of control. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the work load was to much to accomplish in one day. The most enjoyable part was when the users thought that they had completely lost everything and that their world was coming to an end that I would swoop in and "save the day" and they would smiling from ear to ear.
Pros
people, company picnics
Cons
kept me away from home more than i liked
Same as previous
Project Manager, Sales Education (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MASeptember 24, 2014
Same as previous review. Good education group that provided training and other services to an 800+ sales force.
Pros
same
Cons
same