DePuy Synthes

DePuy Synthes Employer Reviews

Great atmosphere, Good people!
Senior Network Engineer (IT Consultant) (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: people, company picnics
Cons: kept me away from home more than i liked
I would arrive at work at 8:45 and logged into my workstation. I would always have a ton of emails to sort through. Most of them would be from clients and users asking for special requests. I would go through the tickets in priority of severity and work my way down until all the days ticket were resolved. I learned never to take a users word that "nothing – more... happen, it just stopped working...lol". I also learned the follow up and follow through goes a long way in making sure the most hectic situations didn't get out of control. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the work load was to much to accomplish in one day. The most enjoyable part was when the users thought that they had completely lost everything and that their world was coming to an end that I would swoop in and "save the day" and they would smiling from ear to ear. – less
Same as previous
Project Manager, Sales Education (Former Employee), Raynham, MASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: same
Cons: same
Same as previous review. Good education group that provided training and other services to an 800+ sales force.
Environment depends on department
Material Handler (Current Employee), Monument COAugust 23, 2014
Pros: overall decent company, fairly good benefits
Cons: some departments feel more like a popularity contest than a professional work enviornment
If you get on in the manufacturing section of the company the culture is amazing and you feel well taken care of, there is usually plenty of overtime for those who want it and you generally feel as a wanted part of the team, management is competent and your coworkers are generally great people, you just can't mind loud noise or getting a little dirty.

If – more... you work in the distribution section of the company, in my opinion, it is absolutely awful. The management lacks leadership, and is often petty. There is a lot of micromanaging, and an overall sense of distrust in management and malcontent for the job in general. Also in distribution, overtime is quite often mandatory, co-workers tend to have a much more negative outlook on work, and the only real benefit is air conditioning. – less
Good Place to Work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Monument, ColoradoJuly 11, 2014
Synthes is a good place to work. The hours are consistent, the people are nice. I would recommended it.
Independent, goal oriented, self-motivated
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 4, 2014
DePuy Synthes has been a great company to work for they have had talented and motivated people to share our common goals.
I feel very fortunate to have been with them for the past 15 years and look forward to working with a company that values their employees.
Experienced Clinical Data Manager with different industry settings: Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and CROs
Clinical Data Specialist II (Current Employee), Raynham, MAJune 10, 2014
I managed over 4 studies with EDC (Rave) and Oracle Clinical.I am responsible all the data management activity in those studies.
Productive work environment, great attitude
Tech OPS Staff Engineer - Change Consultant (Current Employee), Raynham, MAJune 4, 2014
Pros: awesome cafe
Cons: decision making process
Very nice facility and work environment. The people are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Great place to work with awesome cafe.
Med-High volume but good work energy with opportunity to grow
QA and Compliance Complaint Specialist II (Former Employee), West Chester, PAMay 14, 2014
The complaint volume is moderate to high volume. The work week hours is 40 hours. Management provided many opportunities to work on different teams within the department and training. We had the ability to work at different locations and the workers were friendly.
Global fast paced workplace with its rewards and challenges
Global Marketing Communications Business Lead (Former Employee), Raynham, MAApril 17, 2014
Culture and everything an employee did on a daily basis kept the patients in mind first and foremost
Delightful and great learning experience
Validation Lead (Former Employee), West Chester, PAApril 8, 2014
Great Team!
Worked in a team-oriented environment, providing back-up support to team members & establishing/maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
synthes
Quality inspector (Current Employee), Monument, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: pay is bad, quality is bad, mangment is never around.
i really cant complain about the work at all, but the fact that the managment here will pass just about anything that inspectors fail is ridiculous. i have seen parts with rust get passed on by just because it was a back order and needed to be shipped. i like the people here but the things they buy and sell to hospitols is insane. it's not a wonder – more... why thay have been sued so much lately, its a lack of quality, and good quality engineers. – less
Great work life balance
Packaging Engineer (Current Employee), West Chester, PAMarch 9, 2014
Synthes has a great benefits package and work/life balance.

No employee development plans in place.
Productive, organized, fair workplace with opportunity for advancement
Foundry Operator (Current Employee), Raynham, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: standing in one place pretty much the entire time.
First thing we do is have a group meeting. Talk about any problems, concerns, quality, tooling issues. Work for two hours then a group stretch and off to the cafeteria for breakfast. Back to work, making pieces, changing molds, cleaning/refreshing mold base. Lunch after 3 more hours of work. Stretch again. Come back do it again for another hour, another – more... break then one more hour of work.

I've learned how operate a few wax presses and adjust, tweak, clean and fix these molds properly so that they produce a high quality piece with no defects at all.

Management is organized, nice, not strict but fair. Knowledgeable of whats going on. My co-workers are fine, everyone respects each-others wide variety of race, language, and interests. Everyone works hard.

Hardest part about my job would have to be getting a certain mold to produce the way you need it to come out when it's not working properly. You need to try a number of solutions until you get the piece to come out correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the pieces are all coming out perfectly and you have no worries. Also the stretching before and after breaks I enjoy because it helps your body out when your doing pretty much the same movements over and over. – less
Big company, good benefits
Engineer (Former Employee), Monument, COOctober 10, 2013
When J&J bought Synthes, I was only there less than a year before I retired.
Synthes had taught me a lot and gave me increasing responsibility as I was willing to accept it.
Depuy Synthes
Material Handler (Current Employee), West Chester, PAJune 28, 2013
Very crazy job. I have to be able to stop and change what im right right away If need.
Good company
Leader, eTechnologies Business Unit (Current Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 22, 2013
- Very good company culture and values
- Good business fundamentals
Associate Product Manager - Spine Division (Current Employee), West Chester, PANovember 8, 2012
Fast paced and interesting company. The industry is ever-changing and exciting to be a part of.