DERBY CITY COUNCIL

DERBY CITY COUNCIL Employer Reviews

Fun
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Derby, ENGSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: not really any cons
Solid working environment with dependable members of staff and good opportunities for progression if you want.
Excellent structured system
Bereavement Services Manager (Former Employee), DerbyJune 19, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable working environment serving the bereavement service throughout Derbyshire
Interesting work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee), DerbyJune 2, 2014
Customer handling, training, maintaining a safe environment for service users and members of the public, to ensure the physical safety of facility users.
Enjoyable driving and public service job.
Ttransportation Special Projects (Current Employee), ENGMay 27, 2014
Work 5 out of 7 days between 0730am to 11pm.
Learned more computer skills and how to deal with the general public.
Management are quite supportive.
The hardest part of the job is working late into the night and dealing with public at that time of night.
Admin Apprentice (Former Employee), Derby, ENGApril 1, 2014
Pros: contract
Cons: long hours
Busy, I learnt computer skills, management were very productive, co workers were lovely and welcoming, long hours, helping people.
Progressive and professional
Area Property Surveyor (Former Employee), Derby, ENGMarch 10, 2014
A varied and challenging role, which allowed me to build professional relationships.
not one day the same
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Derby, ENGMarch 9, 2014
Pros: school holidays
Cons: school holiday (expensive when booking holiday). long hours
I think one of the most enjoyable things about my role as a Teaching Assistant is that no two days are the same. Working with children can be extremely exhausting, both physically and mentally, but saying that when you see these children maturing and becoming more independent as the time passes is indeed reward in itself.
One thing that is definitely – more... needed is a sense of humour which can be called on many times during each working day.
Another important thing is the support of my co- workers, both teaching and other support staff, which at times is invaluable. – less
Need to be able to multi-task and work to deadlines
Health & Safety Advisor (Current Employee), DerbyFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free parking and meeting customers
Cons: sometimes have to do a lot of juggling
Carrying out audits, make appointments, deal with management at all levels, send and reply to emails. Learnt to work to tight deadlines and prioritise my workload as required. Management are easy to talk to and give advice when needed, my co-workers have a good mix of knowledge and experience that I can go to and have a good sense of humour. The hardest – more... part of the day is there are not always enough hours and the most enjoyable part is knowing I have done a good job – less
Good organisation to work for
HR Operations Apprentice (Current Employee), DerbyFebruary 5, 2014
I have really enjoyed my time at Derby City Council, and I have learnt a lot along the way. All my colleagues have been really helpful and a pleasure to work with.
Productive and supportive work place
customer services advisor (Former Employee), The Council House, Corporation Street, DerbyFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: supportive team with a sense of humour.
Cons: no council parking.
Structured yet flexible where necessary. Supportive, friendly management providing regular excellent training. Positive co-workers co-operating as a team to meet customer needs.
The most challenging part of the job was managing communication with customers with language barriers. The most enjoyable part of tjhe job was being able to help people in need.
Enjoyable experience
Derby City Football League Referee (Former Employee), DerbyshireNovember 26, 2013
Pros: the chance to enjoy a free game of football
Cons: dealing with bossy parents.
Fun to be a referee when you're not being shouted at by the 'know it all' parents. The pressure is on me when refereeing a game as the match is controlled by me and any mistake is quickly highlighted by the shouting spectators. I enjoy watching the football games as im into sport. Most of the time i'd make good decisions and feel happy how the game – more... is going but if a decision doesnt go a teams way, its hard to deal with the shouting parents/managers on the side of the pitch as you cant always control them as you'd like. – less
Productive, Enjoyable and Satisfaction
Poll Clerk (Former Employee), Derby, ENGOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good pay, occasional employment.
Cons: long hours, not full time work.
Handing out voting ballot papers on election day to the correct persons from the polling station, within the correct polling district. Have been employed to work as a poll clerk to help run; 1 General Election, 1 European Election, 1 Referendum Vote Election, 1 Constablury Election and 3 Local Elections.
loved the job
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Derby city councilAugust 18, 2013
I loved all part of the job and miss every part but due to redundancy.
lEARNING eXPERIENCE
Day Service Worker (Former Employee), ENGJuly 16, 2013
Pros: working 9-4 monday to friday
Cons: having to work in other areas
I learnt a lot of skills working for the council and met and worked with a lot of interesting people.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), PERTH HOUSEMay 22, 2013
Pros: 30 mins breaks
Cons: under payed
ALWAYS STARTS AS A BUSY MORNING,WE HAVE A GOOD TEAM WHO WORK AND GET ALONG WELL.WHAT I HAVE LEARNT IS WHEN YOU GET TO WORK FORGET WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON YOUR MIND AND CONCETRATE ON THE JOB AND EVERYTHING WILL FLOW SMOOTHLY.MY CO-WORKERS ARE THE BEST,WE ARE LIKE ONE BIG FAMILY.HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN SHORT STAFFED.ENJOYABLE PART IS WHEN YOU FINISH – more... THE DAY AND YOU KNOW THAT YOU'VE GIVEN THE BEST CARE AND EVERYBODY YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF IS HAPPY AND WELL. – less
A good working environment
Schoolteacher (Current Employee), Ravensdale Junior SchoolMarch 29, 2013
Pros: great staff and children
Cons: i work nearly all day, every day.
Our school has a very pleasant atmosphere and the people are friendly and hard working. The children we work with are from a mixed background and the behaviour and work ethic of the pupils is generally good.
a good honest days work
refuse collector (Former Employee), stores roadJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: good pension
Cons: heavy exhausting work
typical day would be start at six thirty go on a round and empty the bins co workers ok but mostly agency. management helpful and approachable. you have to be very fit to do the job as fifteen miles a day not uncommon
good
Business Support Assistant (Current Employee), DerbyNovember 4, 2012
Pros: flexbility hours
Cons: salary pay scale / progression
Busy, Productive, learning something different everday as workload is from around the business

Hardest part of the job is learning new ways of working due to everday changing agendas

enjoyable would be meeting greeting and working in part of a good forward thinking team
one to one with public
senior head ranger (Former Employee), markeaton parkOctober 11, 2012
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: working outside
security check
unlocking building
setup for public use
delegates to junior staff
dealing with unruly children
watching the public enjoy themselfs
god working relations
supervisor (Current Employee), derbyOctober 2, 2012
Cons: long hours
it was an excellent place to work for but since the goverments austercy cuts there is know security in the job anymore