Dermalogica Employee Reviews

Great company/Great product
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER, SOUTH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2017
Great cutting edge professional skincare brand. Representing a known product that is continuously updating products and staying on trend. Very generous with free product to make you a product junkie!
Pros
Great product
Cons
Productive and fast pace always something new happening
Education Registrar (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 13, 2017
I learned plenty in regards to working face to face with clients and students, as well as working closely with my team.
I had the opportunity to attend customer service as well as additional workshops.
Pros
product allocation, fitness classes
Cons
short breaks, not many openings for growth
Good place to start
Jr. Designer; Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 14, 2017
Came here as a fledging designer right out of school. Good experience learning on the job soup-to-nuts: print, web, production. Teamwork in in-house environment is cohesive and friendly. Some people find Dermalogica a great place to stay, see long time employees here as well.
Training bad and poor management skills
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2016
This retail position is a throw away job. No advancement and they use you up in corporate . They do not care about part time retail positions . Watch your back the managers throw you under the bus
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, bad training and managers, no advancement
Great company to work for!
Account Manager and Buisness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Had the amazing opportunity to work here, only left to start a family. Learned a lot, met great people its just a really well run company.
Fantastic Company
National Accounts Ulta Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2015
I have been in LOVE with Dermalogica for years. Now I finally get to be a part of the culture! How exciting!!!! Thank you Dermalogica for the best in everything you do.
Too much falls through the cracks
Educator (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 17, 2015
Very unorganized and not qualified people in management. Not realistic expectations. I was hired under a certain agreement and within 3 months that changed and I was expected to teach and study an unrealistic amount.
Pros
allocation
Cons
many
Productive and fun position!
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 7, 2015
This position will open up many doors to account coordinator positions. Great company to work with. Great benefits! I feel good to be in charge of 8 stores in my market/territory. I love to help people and help build business.
Pros
Independant, Fun, Discount Perks
Cons
None at the moment
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CarsonJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work for someone start out of school. Lots of opportunities and advancements. Had great growth here. Wish them all the best.
Family over Business should be the name
Customer Service Representative-Returns (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 9, 2015
a normal day is answer calls and loooking up information for customers that would like to return products or missing products. i also handle the consumer line.
I learned everything in my whole department so if i need to help out and be a team player.
The management is awful-they only care about make job easier on family and close friends.The company have people in position to do job that they company pass over to customer service with no extra pay.
The hardest part of the job is making sure the policy of the company is consistent (everybody is giving different answer to accounts or consumers). There is no support system!
The most enjoyable part is when a customer is happy with the results of the call. When a customer calls back with a thank you.
Pros
I like helping people
Cons
mirco management, no room for growth unless you are relate to the manager, no support system and over work
Unprofessional!!
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 7, 2014
Managers are not Professional! especially in the the I.T. dept. They do not support you or what they say and don't mean what they say. Employees get stuck and can't advance or get out. WALK AWAY! People leave making way more money!
Pros
Nice facility and Majority of the staff are nice.
Cons
Poor, Poor management skills. Unprofessional attitudes.
my review..
REGIONAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Great products, marketing support, Education is exceptional, great support from my fellow team members.
Pros
Founder and Owner Jane is very inspirational and the product is great
Cons
No work life balence, Pushed hard to make sales quotas.
Education, Support and Marketing Materials
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 28, 2014
I would meet with Salon Owners, Physicians and their staff to help them to set goals and achieve them. This was accomplished by continuing education for their skin care therapist and training employees on our retail line. I especially enjoyed working with students training to become skin care therapist. Often I was able to match the top students with my accounts we would work together to grow their clientele.
Pros
Great Sales Training
Cons
nothing it is a great place to work
Productive and fun work place. Great team to work with.
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville KYAugust 10, 2013
Dermalogica is a great work place with one of the best teams I have ever worked with. We get the job done and still enjoy our time.
Pros
Long lunches, Great supervisors. Great team.
Cons
compensation and expensive benefits for a family plan
excellent pay and benefits
Sales Manager md & de (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2013
Company doesn't know what to do either stay in professional area or go retail! Horrible company as far as job security and upper manager don't know what they are doing other sales rep know more than management.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
company not together with real life situations
Overworked, under compensated and stressed out daily
Sales (Current Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 21, 2012
Dermalogica in the past few months has become even more difficult to work for with the hiring of the new Sales VP. They have unrealistic expectations of their sales staff. Very large territories, quarterly changes in compensation that makes difficult to earn any commission so you are working for a very very low base, constant stress, more than twice daily someone in management sends out our numbers. Very reactionary not strategic or long term planners. Constant firedrills.

If you are looking for the a job in sales, please do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. It is impossible to do the job they demand of us in 60hrs a week and trust me they do not pay well enough for anyone to work 60hrs a week.
Pros
monthly free product allocation
Cons
stress, senior management, compensation plan, poor benefits.
Wonderful accounts
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2012
Hard to handle all the accounts in a multi state territory. Products were great!
Pros
free samples
Cons
no exclusivity
Hard work and very long hours
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2012
A very stressful place to work. Unreal expectations. No work life balence.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
stress
picker/packer
picker (Former Employee) –  riverport kyMay 22, 2012
picked and packed cosmedic products to be shipped out.
used an RF gun
the management was great
all my co workers got along very good