Dermatology Associates Employee Reviews

This is a great starting point for someone looking to broach into the healthcare field.
Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 19, 2017
This company is great for people just beginning in the healthcare field. They have competitive pay for starting employees and great benefits for full time employees. The management is diverse and confusing at times. The workplace is nice and welcoming. The hardest part of this job is deciding if your happy staying with a consistent job or ready to reach for growth.
Pros
PTO, 401k, satellite offices in three locations, health and dental
Cons
Not much advancement, low raises if any, you won't always get a full 40 hour work week
awesome place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 25, 2016
My experience at Dermatology Associates of Rochester is always a learning experience. Daily tasks and treatments, assisting providers with biopsies, surgical skin procedures and many cosmetic procedures, including botox , filers and laser treatments. there are always new diagnoses to learn, The staff is always friendly, experienced and works great as a team.Management is very supportive and helpful to staff and patients. the most enjoyable part of my job is making the patients happy and to see successful outcomes whether it a medical or cosmetic visit. the most difficult part of my job is uncooperative insurance companies when patients are prescribed medications and some are not covered by insurance.
Pros
great team work, benefits of having treatments provided free and discoumted
Great doctors and co-workers
290 Baker Ave. Ext (Former Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 24, 2016
Very busy office with co-workers who strive to work together to "get the job done" and a manager who is always open to questions and suggestions. Generous pay and bonuses.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
short breaks
First Medical position
Support Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 15, 2017
I have changed positions multiple times in the year I have worked here. In my current position I have multiple jobs that have multiple titles. My most important duty is to answer patient calls, triage those calls, answer question accurately, take messages, and transfer calls as necessary. I also maintain all patient referrals; consulting with specialists and patients, processing records, and following up accordingly. I process and maintain all record requests from outside providers. I maintain our offices' lab/culture book following up on unattained results as needed. I send patient letters notify them of pathology results and upload reports to charts and enter the necessary diagnosis. I process prescription prior authorizations and inform patient and pharmacy of insurance decisions.
Pros
knowlege, staff, hours
Cons
no advancment, median pay, lacking management
Great employees but management needs work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 12, 2016
This job is ok if you don't have any kids or bills to pay for. There is a lot of favoritism shown at this job and if management feels intimidated by your performance or feel you are too great of a worker they will try to hold you back. There is no advancement at this employer. The benefits are pretty pricey especially if you have a family.
Pros
Free lunches, free samples which means good skin
Cons
Pay isnt that great, lack of management, lack of support when needed
Nice Environment and Friendly People
Inventory Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 27, 2017
I had a great experience while working at here. My job there required me to work in tandem with full-time employees who were always friendly and enjoyable to work alongside. The hardest aspect of the job was meeting with the various workers and management to ensure that what I was doing was understood on all levels. I was satisfied with the pay and with the skills that I learned while on the job. Overall, I had a positive experience while working there.
Pros
Friendly and helpful coworkers
Loved my coworkers doctors are jerks
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 29, 2016
I worked here for 3 years. Always Did my job and I did it very well. I was underpaid for my position. Doctors say they're family oriented but they're not. They are unfriendly and don't care about their employees. There is no room for advancement and the incentives are zero to none. They promise you a raise when you first start and then when it's time for raises they give you 10 cents. They don't acknowledged their employees unless they need something. I gave them almost a months notice that I was leaving I had 5 days vacation time so I took the days. They then came back to me saying they weren't going to pay me for My vacation time that I earned!!!! They are scumbags. The women who work there are lovely. Of course there's always the typical office drama. Beware of this place!!!
Pros
Free lunches from the drug reps
Cons
Barely any raises, no room for growth and very selfish doctors
Not a enjoyable place at all
MA (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The new management is horrible. They make promises they don't keep. The employees are very unhappy. The pay is way to low for the work load. They are changing things all the time. Know one feels like they have job security.
A small dermatology clinic
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 13, 2016
Arrive at 8am leave at 5pm. I was already aware of what medical records clerks do, but the additional procedure was to pull E-Scripts in the morning. I went to school for this position so I was excited. I noticed that the training didn't last long and the person she paired with started leaving early
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
More education than the supervisor
Fun, family like atmosphere with wonderful patient care.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2016
My typical day at work varied, certain days were regular patients every 15 min. and then other days were cosmetic days or surgery days. I learned about the entire office from day one. I know front office, including billing and the entire back office. My coworkers were wonderful. I had people that really liked one another and we worked well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients that I got to know very well over my eighteen years there. Also, my coworkers became like family.
Pros
Benefits, family like environment

Want to know more about Dermatology Associates?

Ask a question
Worst company I've ever worked for.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 21, 2016
This company is growing very quickly & non stop acquiring more practices. The growth is happening much faster than this company can handle. They leave the offices they already have understaffed, without proper supplies and completely disorganized. Managers do not provide answers to problems or direction to staff and are rarely available to them, but are quick to discipline them for not making the correct decisions.There is an extremely high turnover rate.There is no training process, people start and immediately begin administering medications and assisting in surgeries.Countless OSHA violations (to include; reusing disposable items and not sterilizing equipment properly) People are bullied on a daily basis and favoritism runs rampant. You are made to feel that you are simply a number not a person and you are not valued or appreciated in any way.
Disorganized and frustrating
Business Office (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 4, 2016
This company is growing very quickly and is acquiring practices all over the state. The growth is happening much faster than this company can handle. They are extremely disorganized and very few people in the business office seem to know what they are doing, management included. However, it is difficult to know what you are doing when policies and procedures change so frequently, often without notifying employees. There is a high turnover rate. The jobs are repetitive and boring. Managers do not provide answers to problems or direction to staff and are rarely available to them, but are quick to discipline them for not making the correct decisions. Some coworkers are catty and fight at work like high schoolers.
Pros
Free lunches from drug companies
Cons
Difficult work environment, poor management
Fast paced rapidly growing business.
Patient Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 7, 2017
This employer is growing quickly. The work flow is heavy but the patients are wonderful. At times they can require more from you than is manageable so great time management is necessary to try and stay ahead.
Pros
Great patients, growing business, fun providers
Cons
poor managment, unrealistic expectations
Fun Workplace
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work was repetitive, however, physicians would agree to see walk-ins, which we had to make sure the charts were accurate as quickly as possible. I had wonderful bosses who really cared for their employees. I had wonderful co-workers as well who would help as much as they could. The hardest part of the job was trying to find missing or misfiled charts. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we were all a team including the physicians.
Pros
one hour lunch, 401k
Cons
poor insurance
Most unorganized business I've ever worked for
Front Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 31, 2016
This company was completely on organized the office manager never attempted to help when you needed help the doctor would play favoritism when it came down to getting patients scheduled she kept and added to what talk about patients behind their back and then smile in their face. She allowed her staff to rob her blind smile on her face it truly was an organization that is going down the drain.
Pros
The hours are good
Cons
The doctor's office was very unprofessional
snakes
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 2, 2016
The new management came in December. Since then this certain manager on a daily basis will intimidate & threaten staff on a daily basis. This used to be a great place to work, now I shiver walking in the door.

The staff is dropping like flies. Each day there is another person who quit because they had enough.

Those who stay are just waiting for a chance to leave. At this point I'm going to be one of the people who just walk away at lunch.

If I could give 0 stars I would!
Great Learning Opportunity
Billing & Coding Specialists & Posting (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Typical day at work is sorting mail, distributing the mail to correct departments. I also posted insurance payments and patient payments, making sure batch balanced. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about posting & knowing how to do the job.
Productive and very busy.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed this position because I was able to complete a variety of duties besides transcribing patients visits. I was responsible for transcribing reports for 4 different physicians with a 24 hour turnaround time deadline.

There were 4 transcriptionists for a total of 15 dermatology physicians. This was slightly difficult at times because we were not allowed to work overtime and this caused a backlog of reports.
Pros
Very Friendly Supervisor
Cons
Not enough transcriptionists for the workload
Fast paced, productive work environment
CMA (Former Employee) –  VanFebruary 6, 2017
Fast paced , busy, lots to learn, lots of information, need to hit the ground running with training to get everything done quickly and correctly. Fun fast paced environment
Good employer
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYJanuary 3, 2017
It has a great famply feel. Everyone is really easy to get along with. The doctor and are wonderful. Very fast paced but if you enjoy change this is the right place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dermatology Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8