*Dermatology Consultants now has future openings for Certified Medical Assistants/LPNs. We have clinics in St. Paul, Vadnais Heights, Woodbury and Eagan.
The Medical Assistant, CMA, LPN functions as an assistant to the physicians to ensure efficient patient care. Responsibilities include a variety of patient care duties and other related duties in the clinic setting. Responsible for patient flow, physician assisting, instrument processing, telephone calls, phlebotomy and other clinical duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare for the day’s activities by checking schedules and preparing rooms for patient use i.e. clean, organize and stock rooms with necessary equipment and supplies
2. Assist physicians with patient care and education
3. Provide direct assistance to physician with surgical, medical and cosmetic procedures such as excisions, Mohs surgery, biopsies, wart treatment, chemical peels and laser treatments.
4. Instrument Processing
5. Scribe for physician using EHR system as needed
6. Lab Functions
7. Blood draws
8. Communicate effectively with patients and co-workers in-person and over the phone
1. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification or a LPN or the ability to obtain certification within 12 months
2. Prior medical assistant experience in clinic setting
3. Demonstrated ability or experience in patient flow management, medical assisting, and confidential management of patient health information
4. Ability to use EHR system
5. Ability to provide services to patients in a warm, professional manner
6. Dermatology experience a plus
Dermatology Consultants, P.A. offers competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include a fantastic retirement plan and health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, holidays and paid time off. Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.dermatologyconsultants.com.