Dermatology Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent team work and enjoyable work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bend, OR 97702March 28, 2016
- On time
- Accuracy
- Multi tasking
- Detail oriented
Receptionist/Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work would be registering patients, answering a multi-line phone system, managing co-pays and preparing patient rooms for doctor. I learned how to interact with patients on a day to day basis, how to search for diagnostic codes and how to send out patient billing information. I worked with some amazing people . We did our work but also had fun while doing so.

The hardest part of the job is when we re-opened for lunch we would get a huge rush of clients at one time and had to get them ready for the doctor so we wouldn't run behind the rest of the evening.

I really enjoyed the medical field. Filing, scanning documents, and interacting daily with clients.
Busy dermatologist office
Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2015
I believe Dermatology is a great company, filled with amazing employees. I switch between 4 offices through out the week, manage patients, assist in procedures, verify insurance. I would say the hardest part of this job are the long hours. I work on average 10 hours a day, besides the hours i enjoy working with patients and furthering my knowledge in different parts on the medical field.
High Paced productive and friendly work environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 1, 2015
Preformed the daily tasks of a Medical Assistant and other days performed the daily tasks of a receptionist. Answered calls on a daily basis and talked to pharmacist. Most of the staff is enjoyable to work with and the environment is very fast paced.
Gained alot of experience in dermatology procedures
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2015
This office was a great experience and the office staff was amazing to work with. I was able to use all my skills in skin care and also learned new procedures.
Pros
the patients and staff
Cons
distance to drive to work
Very Busy and fun place to work with productivity.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2014
Answer busy telephones, prepare charts for 2-3 physicians, answer billing questions and type pathology reports via medical transcription.

I learned how to multi-task and handle stressful situations in a calm and tactful manner.

Staff management was excellent, co-workers worked as team players and were always willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job was trying to accomadate many patients with appointments on a full schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining a good repor with patients and staff members.
Pros
weekly staff meetings with important issues addressed and resolutions made.
Productive, positive office, with room to learn new procedures and services often
Drs. Stolar and Perkins, MD (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2012
Fast paced, very busy office, but an excellent learning experience with room to learn new procedures almost on a daily basis. Drs. were very supportive of staff. There were a couple of co-workers who were not friendly and did not contribute to good morale in office and who were too intently focused on gossip and personal issues
Pros
excellent learning experience, very supportive and helpful drs., pretty good benefits
Cons
a couple of non-supportive and quite frankly, unfriendly and gossip-minded co-workers
Small office with a friendly environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2013
I work part time at Dermatology. This is a relaxed environment,where patients are comfortable and confident of their care. I am now able to recognise potential skin issues and explain to patient how to care for their skin.
My fellow co-workers are warm and caring I enjoy working with them, the hardest part of my job is that I am leaving, because I must relocate. I mostly enjoy interacting with the patients, and the pleasure I receive when I am able to help resolved their issues.
Pros
my employer encorages growth and knowledge so i am always learning new things everyday
Cons
i work part time
Work Experience
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
A typical day is checking in and checkout out patients. While preparing charts for the next day for provider's and surgery. Making sure we have all the referral's necessary for surgery and getting incontact with insurance company regarding to obtain any form of referral. Answering phone call's and verifying insurance once patient check's in to make sure of their copay and the deductable. Working together with my coworker's and making sure we cover every part of the day's work.
Pros
learn new things everyday
Cons
don't have an organization tasks to the practice
Productive and busy place to work
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2013
A typical day is fairly busy with checking in and out around 80-100 patients for both a doctor and nurse practitioner. The job requires other task completion like sending faxes, ordering supplies, answering phones, scheduling, checking voice mail, and maintain a balanced work day.
Pros
paid holidays, pto
Cons
long days, little to no lunch break
Educational and fun place
ARNP (Current Employee) –  WINTER PARKFebruary 10, 2015
Good place to work for and learn regarding dermatology. Good camaraderie, autonomy, flexible schedule, supportive to career advancement, physician very approachable and supportive.
University of Michigan is great place to work.
Research technician intermediate, Department (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 28, 2014
Working in research is very demanding but while working in university of Michigan I could keep good balance between family and work. Respectable work environment and had good time working there.
detail oriented receptionist and medical assistant
medical assistant and receptionist (Current Employee) –  new york new yorkJanuary 30, 2015
I obtain a challenging position as a Receptionist / Medical Assistant where I will utilize my clinical and administrative skills
Good
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 16, 2015
Exam patients
Do procedures
Pre and post operation consultation
Prescribe medications
Follow up on patients on regular basis
Proper patient referral
Great Learning Experience
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 14, 2014
I learned everything I know about medical billing at this place. It was a great place to work but management started to become biased. I enjoyed being challenged and learning new information. My co-workers were always kind and helpful.
Pros
educational
Cons
unprofessional
awesome place to work. very fast pase
Laser and Vein Specialist of the Carolinas (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2013
The Dr.s and PA and RN are very caring. You get thier full attention even if they are behind. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
very helpful staff from check in to check out
Cons
long apt. wait time
Good for experience
Medical Assitant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Not the best place to work in. No room for advancement, poor management, They make you drive to many locations at short notice and no reimbursement for gas, mileage and tolls.
Fast pace work place withonly 1 bathroom.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 13, 2014
I would arrive at work at my scheduled time, answered incoming calls scheduled appointments for patients. This was the best part of my day, dealing with patients both personally and on the phone as well as forming new relationships. I would also check patient insurances to see if they require a referral or authorization needed for upcoming visit or procedure. Between scheduling appointments I fax information to various doctor offices through out the day and then return patient records to their appropriate place. After lunch I continued the same routine as I did prior to lunch. Towards the end of the day myself and my co-workers would prepare the schedule for the next day by pulling charts and preparing necessary documents needed for patient surgeries. At the end of the day I would close up the office and make sure phones are on service. Basically this was a typical day at work.
Pros
flexible schedule, easy commute
Cons
short lunch, access to only 1 bathroom for all employees
exciting and educational experience two thumbs up
Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 30, 2013
The Clinton Crossing Dermatology team is amazing. they took me in as an intern and treated me like a family member the entire time I was there
Pros
great team
Cons
having to leave when the internship ended
Medical Environment Dermatology
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed learning about the specialty. A nice environment helping patients feel better. Professional.
Pros
the knowledge i acquired
Cons
limited advancement.