Dermatology

Dermatology Employee Reviews

Gained alot of experience in dermatology procedures
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: the patients and staff
Cons: distance to drive to work
This office was a great experience and the office staff was amazing to work with. I was able to use all my skills in skin care and also learned new procedures.
High Paced productive and friendly work environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 1, 2015
Preformed the daily tasks of a Medical Assistant and other days performed the daily tasks of a receptionist. Answered calls on a daily basis and talked to pharmacist. Most of the staff is enjoyable to work with and the environment is very fast paced.
Good
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMarch 16, 2015
Exam patients
Do procedures
Pre and post operation consultation
Prescribe medications
Follow up on patients on regular basis
Proper patient referral
BUSY DERMATOLOGIST OFFICE
Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2015
I believe Dermatology is a great company, filled with amazing employees. I switch between 4 offices through out the week, manage patients, assist in procedures, verify insurance. I would say the hardest part of this job are the long hours. I work on average 10 hours a day, besides the hours i enjoy working with patients and furthering my knowledge in different parts on the medical field.
EDUCATIONAL AND FUN PLACE
ARNP (Current Employee), WINTER PARKFebruary 10, 2015
GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR AND LEARN REGARDING DERMATOLOGY. GOOD CAMARADERIE, AUTONOMY, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, SUPPORTIVE TO CAREER ADVANCEMENT, PHYSICIAN VERY APPROACHABLE AND SUPPORTIVE.
detail oriented receptionist and medical assistant
medical assistant and receptionist (Current Employee), new york new yorkJanuary 30, 2015
I obtain a challenging position as a Receptionist / Medical Assistant where I will utilize my clinical and administrative skills
Good for experience
Medical Assitant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Not the best place to work in. No room for advancement, poor management, They make you drive to many locations at short notice and no reimbursement for gas, mileage and tolls.
fun working enviroment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2014
it was a very nice place to work, but down sized in my department due to transformation of electronic medical records
University of Michigan is great place to work.
Research technician intermediate, Department (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 28, 2014
Working in research is very demanding but while working in university of Michigan I could keep good balance between family and work. Respectable work environment and had good time working there.
very productive company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Great job, very informational, lot to learn. I enjoyed derm.
Medical Biller Specialist
Medical Biller Specialist (Former Employee), Westlake, OHAugust 23, 2014
No room for any advancement or growth with the company.
very busy and lots of work to do on a daily basis which is great it makes the day go by fast.
Medical Environment Dermatology
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the knowledge i acquired
Cons: limited advancement.
I enjoyed learning about the specialty. A nice environment helping patients feel better. Professional.
Very Busy and fun place to work with productivity.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 14, 2014
Pros: weekly staff meetings with important issues addressed and resolutions made.
Answer busy telephones, prepare charts for 2-3 physicians, answer billing questions and type pathology reports via medical transcription.

I learned how to multi-task and handle stressful situations in a calm and tactful manner.

Staff management was excellent, co-workers worked as team players and were always willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job was trying to accomadate many patients with appointments on a full schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining a good repor with patients and staff members.
Great dermatology practice
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee), Laguna Hills, CAJune 12, 2014
Wonderful physician and office management. Opportunity to advance in the field of interest. Very busy practice with one physician.
Great Learning Experience
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Westlake, OHMay 14, 2014
Pros: educational
Cons: unprofessional
I learned everything I know about medical billing at this place. It was a great place to work but management started to become biased. I enjoyed being challenged and learning new information. My co-workers were always kind and helpful.
Turn and Burn
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 5, 2014
Great co-workers but the training was despicable and substandard. There should be more emphasis on patient care.
Fast pace work place withonly 1 bathroom.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Plainview, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, easy commute
Cons: short lunch, access to only 1 bathroom for all employees
I would arrive at work at my scheduled time, answered incoming calls scheduled appointments for patients. This was the best part of my day, dealing with patients both personally and on the phone as well as forming new relationships. I would also check patient insurances to see if they require a referral or authorization needed for upcoming visit or procedure. Between scheduling appointments I fax information to various doctor offices through out the day and then return patient records to their appropriate place. After lunch I continued the same routine as I did prior to lunch. Towards the end of the day myself and my co-workers would prepare the schedule for the next day by pulling charts and preparing necessary documents needed for patient surgeries. At the end of the day I would close up the office and make sure phones are on service. Basically this was a typical day at work.
Fun, friendly work place
Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2013
It was a very good company to work for, I did scheduling for the establishe patients and new patients.
very cohesive fun loving group
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAAugust 31, 2013
a typical day start with preparing the rooms for examination of patients, co workers are helpful work as a team. one of the smaller department ,so less politics
Convenient to residence and hours were great!
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Liberty, MOJuly 17, 2013
Pros: close to home, pay was good
I enjoyed working in the office as I like to meet people. I got along well with my coworkers. We began our day at 6:30 am and saw patients till 3:00.

About Dermatology

The American Academy of Dermatology (Academy), founded in 1938, is the largest, most influential, and most representative of all – Read more