Des Peres Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work place
Intern, Hematology/Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2016
I learned a lot from interning at the hospital.I Reviewed patients file, took patient histories and performed physical examinations. Shadowed staff from the radiology department to read the results of CT scans and MRI.
it's ok to work there
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2016
long work days 12 hour shifts, meet some new people
learn how to take blood glucose, draw labs
not a team, I have told enough about this job, I have nothing else to say, I enjoyed working there when I was there
Pros
a job
Cons
over worked
A great starting point
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MODecember 16, 2015
Des Peres Hospital has been great start, I have gain knowledge and great experiences though this amazing company. This hospital offered me a solid foundation that I look forward to expanding on. I had very little knowledge about the hospital setting prior to this experience, but through Des Peres I feel confident about the knowledge I have gained at the hospital. I am looking forward to learning and experiencing more about the day to day practices in the medical field.
Fast paced and exciting work
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2015
Fast paced in an ER in St Louis, Mo. Excellent staff to work for and with side by side. Great learning experience. Excellent management. Great place to work at.
Pros
Good pay, great staff.
Great place to work!
Multi-departmental Secretary Physical Medicine (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2015
I have no complaints with my current job. I have worked here all of my adult life and I'm only looking for a carreer change due to census change and business slowing.
responsibilities
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2015
upon arrival for Morning shift. I will come in and ask my co-worker. The person that I'm relieving is there anything I can help her with before shift change. if not then I will get my work area set up to begin my shift
Pros
working 12 Hour shifts
Cons
being PRN
Des Peres is an nice place to work.
Lab Assistant/CNA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work...I work the overnight shift so there are not a lot of people around. It's more peaceful for the patients which helps the staff give better care. I have learned that patients want and require more attention from the staff at any hospital so we as health care workers whether in the laboratory, human resources, maintenance, nurse, or any staff should make the steps in making them feel secure during their stay. The co-workers are friendly and uses all bedside manners to fulfill Tenet's mission. The hardest part of the job is being optimistic, there are just some situation you have to realize you just can not fix. I overall love my job!
dont work there
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2015
sucks sucks sucks a typical day there sucks they should call it despair
Very nice place to work and staff are wonderful
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2014
Each day at these work place were great. I've experienced different work skills and management took the time to train me on different working skills.My Co-workers played a teamrole by helping and show how to perform different work tasks.The hardest part of the job is working with lack of staff. The most enjoyable is teamwork.
Hard work; felt like an object.
Surgical tech (Former Employee) –  Des Peres HospitalJune 15, 2014
Director of Surgery and her assistant were inconsiderate and conniving towards their workers. You should never get rid of your strong employees because one of them stood their ground and knocked you off your pedestal. You listen to them and you hear them out and don't ever fire them on a whim.
You got what you deserve Director of Surgery. Its not animosity that was the issue due to your firing it was you that failed to see the big picture. You got what you deserve.
Pros
nice co-workers.
Cons
poor management; lack of team work due to poor staffing.
Poor Surgical outcomes
Director of Surgery (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOMarch 14, 2014
Administrative diversities between Medical Board, Governmental policies, and Medical Standards of Care.
Pros
central located for patient care
Cons
administrative and physician anamocities - reflected in my length of stay
They dont appreciate their good-workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2014
I work there 2 1/2 yrs. It was very nice upon the outward appearance..Nurses are not friendly or helpful..Management and supervisors are very unprofessional...They smile in your face, but are very fake...I was a pct there, and they give you far too many patients than you can handle with no help..I had the opportunity to see both sides of day shift and night shift...Very poor concern about patient care..I loved what I did, but those 12 hrs. Along with poor team-work was a heavy burden to accept.. I put my two-weeks in for resigning..I was told by my supervisor and the human resource dept., That I could return back if things didnt work out...I know I was a great worker there, but my attendance wasnt too good, due to personal reasons and the unfairness I saw and received..My second to last day there, I arrived to my floor and found out by another supervior, that my supervisor had took me off the schedule..So they kept me there, and wow, what a huge confusion.. So I worked with a smile that day and I didnt go back my last day...Well, 2 1/2 months past, and I called my supervior to ask if I could come on back..She first said I had to reapply, so I did..Then 1 1/2 week went by, she told an co-woker that she will not let me come back and that if any body calls her for a referral of me, she will tell them that she will not rehire me.. She completely lied to me and then couldnt tell me herself....I was bitter at first, but then I accepted it with my head-up high...This made me a even better person-cna-pct than I thought posslble... Thanks des peres hospital-med/surg 4a....And for the  more... ones that's hanging in there--eat it up...!!!!  less
Pros
my pay and a small hospital
Cons
staff not treated fairly
Surgery, Out Patient Surgery,
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJune 18, 2013
My career job at a multi-faceted, fast paced Osteopathic/Medical based, competitive medical center in West County, St Louis, MO
Pros
excellent nursing opportunities
Hard place to work some days
RN, RNFA, CNOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2013
People were very nice. Not up to date. No case cart system. Some mornings not enough equipment to go around. Had too sterilize often. Learned so much.
Great place to work.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MODecember 2, 2012
This was a great job. Not much of a turn over. Co-Workers was great and the management was ok.. Needs lots of improvement in that sense.
Pros
got out of there at 4. no weekends.
Cons
not enough pay.
Was an enjoyable place to work, felt like family. I loved my job!
HIM Department Lead/Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2012
I learned a lot working in the HIM Department. Started out as a file clerk in 2004. I quickly learned all the positions within the department with the exception of coding and in 2006 was made Department Lead. In 2007, the hospital began converting to the electronic medical record, Horizon Patient Folder. The hardest part of my position was naming the multitude of forms used by the hospital and creating the document tree for HPF. I became very proficient in Cerner and HPF. I think the most enjoyable part of my position was troubleshooting and assisting others in using HPF and Cerner.
Pros
flexible hours, great co-workers.
Cons
trying to understand physicians if they were not fluent in english
hectic due to staffing. learned alot.
staff and relief charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MissouriMay 8, 2012
Enjoyed working in teaching hospital. Very educational Some staffing issues.
Friendly helpful staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  KirkwoodFebruary 28, 2012
I found the emergency department staff at Des Peres Hospital friendly and helpful. The nurses, doctors, and hospital staff are very knowledgeable. I would recommend Des Peres Hospital.
Pros
the staff is very friendly
Cons
there was nothing i found displeasing

Des Peres Hospital Reviews by Location