This is a full-time position for a candidate with experience in sales and business development for engineering software. Candidate will use Microsoft Office, along with various other tools, to sell software and perform the following tasks:
1. Research potential client groups and make contact with Structural Engineers, Steel Fabricators, and Steel Detailers
2. Develop and nurture leads all the way through to sale, then process sale
3. Help the company grow into new markets.
4. Participate in up to 2 exhibitions throughout North America
5. Work with marketing personnel to ensure the most effective outreach to clients and potential clients
Candidate will start working remotely, but may be required to come on site in West Chicago, IL in the future. A location in the western suburbs of Chicago is not a must, but preferred - location in the USA is a must. The start date is immediate.
Desired Skills & Experience
1. Microsoft Office
2. BlueBeam Revu
3. Structural Engineering Software Sales
4. Structural Engineering Experience (desired, but not required)
Descon is the industry standard for Structural Steel Connection Design Software. With over 27 years of market dominance, Descon keeps moving forward.
Omnitech Associates developed and supported Descon software for over 25 years. They made their software the industry standard for steel connection design as they revolutionized the market. Omnitech has decided to pass their software along to a new team who will continue with moving Descon forward.
DesconPlus was founded late in 2012 and took over DesconWin and DesconBrace. We want to focus on renewing customer interest and involvement in this software so that we can develop it in the direction that our customers desire. Since Descon has a very loyal and large customer base, we have no doubt that you will give valuable input.
$12-$17/hr depending on applicant. No insurance is provided.