Desert Aids Project Employee Reviews

definitely not what I expected
Community Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 30, 2017
It was a very high stress environment. It was always changing, but changing for the wrong reasons. The culture was not positive, and it was negatively impacting the departments surrounding. The reason I stayed so long was because I loved what I did, not who I did it for.
Pros
Compensation benefits
Cons
Culture, politics, and job security
working with fellow volunteers and the customers
Revivals Volunteer (Current Employee) –  cathedral city, caApril 5, 2017
I would personally endorse Desert Aids Project to any one who wants to give of their time to the community. I still volunteer and probably will continue even if I do find a part time.
Great
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 14, 2017
Great place to work and i hate to have to go, the people here are like family and care about their employees. They always work with me for my school schedule..
It could be good
Health clinic staff (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 2, 2016
If you work in another department other the the medical side it could be a pretty good job. But if you work on the medical side the manager is a joke, she doesn't know if she's coming or going. The bad thing is there is no one you can really talk to because it seems management sticks together and little guys get stepped on. I couldn't get out fast enough. My experience was bad but may have just been the department I was in.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Pay, management
A nonprofit with a clear mission and dedicated employees.
Admin (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 23, 2015
Desert AIDS Project is a very rewarding organization to work for. Your co-workers are like your family. The organization provides tools to help with personal development.
Great family atmosphere and Teamwork
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Even though the Desert AIDS Project appears to be a very compassionate place that is known for huge fund-raisers and awards banquets, and thrives to stay on top of the HIV/AIDS problems that face many of our population, it's weakness is in the upper management team. There have been many problems with the inconsistent variety of upper management employees hired to achieve and maintain Quality Assurance.
Pros
Great place to work and get involved with the community at large.
Cons
Lower quality of healthcare in the past, and relentless Chief Program Officers in the past
Good experiance
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 18, 2012
I was here as an externship, had a really good experiance at DAP, learned a lot from networking to maintaining a companies IT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Aids Project. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5