Desert Aids Project Employee Reviews

working with fellow volunteers and the customers
Revivals Volunteer (Current Employee) –  cathedral city, caApril 5, 2017
I would personally endorse Desert Aids Project to any one who wants to give of their time to the community. I still volunteer and probably will continue even if I do find a part time.
Great
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 14, 2017
Great place to work and i hate to have to go, the people here are like family and care about their employees. They always work with me for my school schedule..
It could be good
Health clinic staff (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 2, 2016
If you work in another department other the the medical side it could be a pretty good job. But if you work on the medical side the manager is a joke, she doesn't know if she's coming or going. The bad thing is there is no one you can really talk to because it seems management sticks together and little guys get stepped on. I couldn't get out fast enough. My experience was bad but may have just been the department I was in.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Pay, management
Stable Job Outside of the Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 4, 2016
DAP is a great place to work overall, job security however is contingent upon the department. Some areas simply have higher turnover than others. The clinic, which they call the heart of the 30 year old organization only has a couple off employees that have been there longer than 3 years boasting 5 medical directors in as many years. Other departments have employees with decades long tenures.
Pros
Great benefits, better than average pay, camaraderie with co-workers and clients.
Cons
Sorely mismanaged and standard office politics
A nonprofit with a clear mission and dedicated employees.
Admin (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 23, 2015
Desert AIDS Project is a very rewarding organization to work for. Your co-workers are like your family. The organization provides tools to help with personal development.
Great family atmosphere and Teamwork
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Even though the Desert AIDS Project appears to be a very compassionate place that is known for huge fund-raisers and awards banquets, and thrives to stay on top of the HIV/AIDS problems that face many of our population, it's weakness is in the upper management team. There have been many problems with the inconsistent variety of upper management employees hired to achieve and maintain Quality Assurance.
Pros
Great place to work and get involved with the community at large.
Cons
Lower quality of healthcare in the past, and relentless Chief Program Officers in the past

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Aids Project. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6