Desert Oasis Healthcare Employee Reviews

Lack of Management
Developer (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 6, 2017
Upper management is in those positions only because of time with the company, not skillset. Most do not have the experience needed to run a company. The company is coasting on the fact that they are a healthcare company. If this were any other industry, they would be out of business.
On the plus side, every is very friendly. Campus is beautiful. And you get pretty good health benefits.
Pros
Good health insurance
Great
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  EverywhereFebruary 25, 2017
Great I have no complaints . I enjoyed working with the company a lot.
The staff was friendly and very helpful . I was very impressed by all they do for their employees
Pros
Great
Great environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 15, 2017
My opinion about Desert Oasis Helathcare is that it is a great, friendly and busy place to work at.
You learn many and new things about the job in different departments.
Co-workers are friendly always have a smile on their face and kept busy, everyone builds an appropriate relationship with the patients and Doctors.
Learned a lot in the time I was there
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 10, 2016
I enjoyed my job, my co-workers and patients made my job engaging. My boss was a great man to work for. He taught me so much and was encouraging. Over the course of the years I learned many aspects of the medical field. I learned how to better communicate with patients as well as staff and department heads.
Pros
Benifiets
Cons
Gossiping employees
Loved working here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 21, 2016
It is the best place to work at. Wish my job there wasn't temporary. I would still be working there. The staff I worked with was great.
productie work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 14, 2016
it is always busy environment to work at , always on top of things I learned allot from this job it helped me be more responsible and mature allot more and helped pay for my school.
Pros
custumers
Cons
short brake
Dynamic organization
Health Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Nice place to work. Challenging culture to adapt, changes occurred rapidly. Lack of visibility from senior management.
Great doctors and patient care, Horrible Supervisors
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 28, 2015
Overall my experience with Desert Oasis was some what pleasing I enjoyed working as Medical Assistant in the back office, especially with the physicians. Desert Oasis always put their patients first, I also admired that quality and the beauty of the campus. The Senior back office medical assistance were bullies, and non productive, they spent too much time belittling the co -workers, the biggest bully was the Supervisor who demanded respect but could not give respect in return, she grew very dependent on her favorite back office bullies. Sadly that became a division among co- workers.
Pros
Great doctors to work for, great EMR, awesome tech support, pleasant campus, .
Cons
Horrible Supervisors, too much favoritism, and false accusations, too much pointing fingers
A place to learn,have fun and just be yourself
SNP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 5, 2015
Great Company to work for.The benefits are great.The people there are just incredibly happy,very helpful and the first to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Great Co-workers and management
Cons
No Holiday pay
Desert Oasis Healthcare
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 5, 2015
Desert Oasis Healthcare is a great place to work when helping all patients on all aspect of their health care. Making sure their health is first priority at all time!

Want to know more about Desert Oasis Healthcare?

Ask a question
too much drama
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 12, 2015
Everyone has a high school mentality. It's a very hostile environment and bosses do nothing about situations that arise. Too much bullying and cliques in all the SOEC/Wellness department. Do not apply.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
enjoyed working with all types of staff and learned alot
Medical Assistant Primary Care Back Office (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 4, 2015
In my time with DOHC, I was very happy and had an amazing experience. I learned so much and was a floating medical assistant. This meant I work from every end of the medical spectrum that they offer to their patients. I learned alot everyday about people and the professional world on a larger scale.
I was not backed up by my immediate supervisor and was sabotaged by a fellow employee and as far as HR at that time the fairness was biased in my opinion. I resigned .
Pros
amazing learning experience
Cons
lack of HR and immediate supervisor help
Productive , lots of room to move
Coordinator Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 4, 2015
There is a lot of room for advancement, good atmosphere. Management is great.The employee benefits and pay were great. Everyone lends a helping hand, as well.
Pros
free employee healthcare
Cons
some of the management weren't very fair, but you'll get that anywhere.
Desert Oasis Healthcare
LVN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster. CAJanuary 17, 2015
I feel that I have learned a lot working in this nursing facility. I do wish that the training was more in depth and wasnt so fast and "throw you in and learn fast so you can do your job correctly." The co workers there work okay as a team, though the teamwork could use great improvement. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing my patients get better and getting to know them on a personal level, so i could better fit their needs with my care.
worst company I ever worked for.
HIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 2, 2014
Management is incompetent and plays favoritism. Working conditions out in the field are horrible. Little or no training. The job is redundant and boring. Advancement opportunities are given to the favorite people without even being posted. Little or no recognition. You have to take long trips to offices. No place for lunches but your car. Management cant communicate between themselves. Too much work for the low rate of pay. A sweat shop.
Pros
the Coworkers
Cons
Incompetitant managment, bad working conditions, favoritism.
It is a good place to work
Vice President, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 20, 2013
I enjoy working here and is a great organization for a long term career
Great organization and caring people.
Lvn (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs June 15, 2013
I have been in the workforce for many years and desert oasis is a wonderful place. The people are friendly and caring , the managers are respectful of work/life balance. Good benefits and PTO. Making a difference. I work at the hospice and it is truly a wonderful work place. Good salary.
Pros
Excellent culture, not overworked or overloaded
Cons
Parking. Waiting 3 months + to get benefits.
Had a bad experience
HIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 17, 2013
I liked the fact that I was out of the office most of the time. Management was the worst I've ever worked for
Pros
free healthcare
A Great Place
Internship- Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bermuda Dunes, CAOctober 19, 2012
Loved it at Desert Oasis. People are very kind and friendly always willing to help out.
Pros
very nice people.
Cons
no cons
Very productive company.Fun learing enviroment.
Telephonic Case Manager/ LVN (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 21, 2012
I enjoy comming to work everyday and helping others.I really believe being a team player is a VERY important roll.
Pros
alot of learing experience.
Cons
unhappy patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Oasis Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Oasis Healthcare Reviews by Location