Desert Research Institute Employee Reviews in United States

Poorly treated, not organized, unprofessional
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 13, 2016
DRI is not a bad company, however some of the people in higher positions do not treat their subordinates well. I got disrespected and blamed for many things that aren't in my control. My superiors often blamed me for their mistakes and did not believe me when I diagnosised problems in the lab. Pay was quite good, but not much room for advancement. Some of the techniques in the lab didn't seem reasonable, cutting corners at places and superiors don't care to here a fix for it.
Pros
Decent Pay, Interesting co-workers
Cons
Disrespectful management, Get ready to take the blame
Not a bad place to work, but pay is low.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 15, 2016
I enjoy my time at DRI. The culture is nice, the people are friendly, and my superiors are understanding of mistakes or trials. There are lots of opportunities for free food as there are lots of catered lunches with leftovers- so that's pretty neat.
Pros
Free lunch (sometimes), nice people
Cons
Low pay.
Nice, polite people; fun and safe place to work; 98% of the employees treat each other respectfully
Receptionist/Scheduler/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2012
At DRI, employees stay because of the excellent culture employees, specially the upper management, that has been developed and adopted. Employees don't feel threatened or inferior as everyone treats each other with respect.

Time management and being on top of things are disciplines I have learned a great deal during my employment at DRI. I enjoyed the trust that was given to me by my supervisors that they gave me the chance to do other duties outside the scope of my position.

Truly enjoyable and fun place to work. If offered a position again, I'd be accepting it without hesitation and reservations.
Pros
flexible with time when needed; great benefits; awesome people to work with
Cons
because employees love working at dri, there's limited room for career advancement.
Excellant company
HR Payroll Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2012
Working at DRI was an excellant challenge and having the ability to advance within the company.
Pros
pay/benefits
Great place to work and expand your scientific knowledge.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 30, 2015
DRI has given me a great work ethic and they have a very relaxed work environment. Work hours are very lenient as a research assistant. Co-workers and employees were all very knowledgeable and experienced in there fields.
Exciting workplace with many innovative people
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2015
This is a demanding but exciting workplace, with many intelligent people working on state-of-the-art challenges. I was pleased to be part of their team, but ultimately was not part on their ongoing vision.
Great scientific research occurs at the Institute and I was honored to be a part of it.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 24, 2013
Air sampling was completed in the field. I was to change out the filters of the automated air sampling machine. I was then to carefully document anything regarding the filters appearance, then package the filter for shipping back to the Research Institute.
I enjoyed working out in the field and learned much of air sampling analysis and data recording.
Excellent place to work.
Community Environmental Monitor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2014
I enjoyed everything about the job. The training and pay are very reasonable. Everyone was enjoyable to work for until the economy went sour.
Pros
the summer workshops and training.
Cons
the attitudes of some of the supervisors during the past four years.
DRI,Productive and a fun workplace
Building Technician Plumber (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NV,December 27, 2011
as a plumber maintenace at DRI, this was a temporary job,through
Manpower.
Pros
1/2hr lunches
Cons
tow feting mnt; breaks

Want to know more about Desert Research Institute?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Research Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Research Institute Reviews by Location