Desert Research Institute

Desert Research Institute Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work.
Community Environmental Monitor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2014
Pros: the summer workshops and training.
Cons: the attitudes of some of the supervisors during the past four years.
I enjoyed everything about the job. The training and pay are very reasonable. Everyone was enjoyable to work for until the economy went sour.
Great scientific research occurs at the Institute and I was honored to be a part of it.
Student Intern (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 24, 2013
Air sampling was completed in the field. I was to change out the filters of the automated air sampling machine. I was then to carefully document anything regarding the filters appearance, then package the filter for shipping back to the Research Institute.
I enjoyed working out in the field and learned much of air sampling analysis and data recording.
Excellant company
HR Payroll Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2012
Pros: pay/benefits
Working at DRI was an excellant challenge and having the ability to advance within the company.
Nice, polite people; fun and safe place to work; 98% of the employees treat each other respectfully
Receptionist/Scheduler/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2012
Pros: flexible with time when needed; great benefits; awesome people to work with
Cons: because employees love working at dri, there's limited room for career advancement.
At DRI, employees stay because of the excellent culture employees, specially the upper management, that has been developed and adopted. Employees don't feel threatened or inferior as everyone treats each other with respect.

Time management and being on top of things are disciplines I have learned a great deal during my employment at DRI. I enjoyed – more... the trust that was given to me by my supervisors that they gave me the chance to do other duties outside the scope of my position.

Truly enjoyable and fun place to work. If offered a position again, I'd be accepting it without hesitation and reservations. – less
DRI,Productive and a fun workplace
Building Technician Plumber (Former Employee), Las Vegas NV,December 27, 2011
Pros: 1/2hr lunches
Cons: tow feting mnt; breaks
as a plumber maintenace at DRI, this was a temporary job,through
Manpower.