Desert Research Institute

Desert Research Institute Employer Reviews

Great scientific research occurs at the Institute and I was honored to be a part of it.
Student Intern (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 24, 2013
Air sampling was completed in the field. I was to change out the filters of the automated air sampling machine. I was then to carefully document anything regarding the filters appearance, then package the filter for shipping back to the Research Institute.
I enjoyed working out in the field and learned much of air sampling analysis and data recording.
Ability to plan and carry out assignments effectively
Facilities Building Maintainer III (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2012
Pros: during monthly safety meetings, the company provided catered meals.
Cons: we as employees had to take 12 yearly furlough days unpaid.
I enjoyed the daily meetings with my co-workers, listened to their imput on projects, everyday maintenance performance to assess situations and handle difficult and sensitive issues effectively, and building strategic working relationships by communicating information and ideas in these meetings. I learned how to make effective decisions dealing with – more... problems, new challenges and change. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comfort of being a team player with different crafted professionals, who had different ideas to share, to represent DRI professionally with regular and consistent teamwork. The hardest part of the job was that I could not utilize my expertise in purchasing and operating budgets to save the Company thousands of dollars a year more, because of established vendors. I have always enjoyed running a tight ship to effectively and efficiently run a project or a business at the lowest cost possible. I enjoyed getting more product for the company's money when I could. Overall the experience was fantastic. I really enjoyed working with all the staff members and my supervisor. – less
Excellant company
HR Payroll Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2012
Pros: pay/benefits
Working at DRI was an excellant challenge and having the ability to advance within the company.
Nice, polite people; fun and safe place to work; 98% of the employees treat each other respectfully
Receptionist/Scheduler/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2012
Pros: flexible with time when needed; great benefits; awesome people to work with
Cons: because employees love working at dri, there's limited room for career advancement.
At DRI, employees stay because of the excellent culture employees, specially the upper management, that has been developed and adopted. Employees don't feel threatened or inferior as everyone treats each other with respect.

Time management and being on top of things are disciplines I have learned a great deal during my employment at DRI. I enjoyed – more... the trust that was given to me by my supervisors that they gave me the chance to do other duties outside the scope of my position.

Truly enjoyable and fun place to work. If offered a position again, I'd be accepting it without hesitation and reservations. – less
DRI,Productive and a fun workplace
Building Technician Plumber (Former Employee), Las Vegas NV,December 27, 2011
Pros: 1/2hr lunches
Cons: tow feting mnt; breaks
as a plumber maintenace at DRI, this was a temporary job,through
Manpower.