Desert Schools Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

room for growth
Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2017
I started working for DSFCU in July 1987 right after high school. I started as a teller and received quite a bit of experience. I enjoyed interacting with the members and staff
Desert Schools Federal Credit Union
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2017
A very pleasant work environment and where a person can get comfortable if the rules are followed. This is a good work environment, although sometimes people can work behind your back without you even knowing it. A change in upper management just changed the environment, which changed in February 2017, working up to it since late 2016.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working with upper level bosses can get sketchy
Enjoyed this job also, met some wonderful people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMarch 22, 2017
I may of only worked there for a short time but I truly enjoyed the staff. I would love to go back to working for the company if an opening arose. I'm back in AZ to stay this time and would welcome the opportunity.
Dsfcu
Consumer Loan Processing Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2017
No matter if you are looking to start your career in the financial industry or a job with experience in this field, DSFCU is a diverse and opportunityfilled place to work.
Sales Job
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206January 26, 2017
Once you get into the routine the people you work with a great, a combination of friendly and supportive. Its easy to get along the people you work with at the branch. You learn sales skills, as well as learning how to be organized, dedicated, fast/efficient in the taks you are completing.
Pros
one hr. lunches
Cons
No traveling
Little room for advancement.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 11, 2017
Like the title says it is very hard to move up in the company and takes many years. Comparative pay isn't that great either.
Wonderful place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 6, 2016
Desert schools is a wonderful place to work, and the people, both the staff and our members are great, and they make the work day exciting, the only downfall is the long hours, and also they are open on Saturdays.
Cons
Long work days
Great place if you want a standard 9-5
Teller (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 22, 2016
Your standard bank job. Hours are a little long but for the most part a pleasant work experience. The company culture was however a little bland with no much energy.
Overall a great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 21, 2016
The branch that I worked at was wonderful. All my coworkers were great. But after an unsettling amount of pressure to sell products (something I wouldn't even attempt in certain situations for the sake of customer service), and also having been one of the unfortunate tellers to have been robbed, I decided to move beyond the credit union world in search of something more service oriented.
Pros
Healthcare for part-time employees
Cons
Too long of shifts (7:15a-6:30p in the drive through)
great job to move up in
Teller (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2016
Great place to work, awesome management, and co-workers. Have been a tell for 7 years, and looking for more of a back end postion now; but this is a great place to strart off, if interested in a finacial institution position. The daily routine is the same as any other finacial institution, processing cash transaction and balancing reports.
Pros
great people, 1 hour lunches
Cons
have to sell and try to upgrade members
Hi-Stress work environment but has good benefits, retirement
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2016
Work/life balance is good, but atmosphere depends upon each individual manager. Some are good other not so much. Excellent co-workers and benefits.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is good, Benefits are Good
Cons
Can be a high-stess environment
Informative Banking Industry
MEMBER SOLUTIONS REP (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2016
Strong financial goals, and future progress within the Credit Union industry. Community Involvement is top tier. Very informative sales education, and credit qualifying standards.
Produnctive, fun, rewarding.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 24, 2016
I Loved working at Desert Schools Federal Credit Union it was unfortunate that I had to leave, if I had the opportunity to go back to work there I WOULD DEFFINATLY TAKE IT.
NEVER recommend this place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2016
You have to be a sales driven person to work here. If you DO NOT meet the sales quota for the month, they'll write you up with a warning. Next time they'll fire you. Simply Corporate GREED. FAVORITISM GALORE. VERY LONG HOURS.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Corporate GREED, Favoritism & Long Hours
amazing company to work for and grow
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2016
manager always available to coach and support staff and made it fun to come into work everyday. every employee loved their job and it showed in the results. customer service was key in our organization and it was not uncommon to see employees being recognized for going above and beyond for assisting members. I learned a lot and I was able to utilize all my skills on a daily basis
Pros
great people, amazing organization
Cons
no cons
Fun Place to work!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2015
Great company. Great Vision and Values. Very fun coworkers and team members. Work life balance is good and they offer great benefits. It's going to be tough leaving this company.
No work advancement in departments
Consumer Loan Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2015
Management always changing. Co-workers always complaining about low pay advancement unless you were upper management.
Pros
Clean building
Cons
Turn over high
Awesome people and place to work for.
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2015
Great place to work with. All employees, and management are very professional. Constant training provided as well as helping the community and each other.
Very closed environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  PhoenixSeptember 8, 2015
It will be hard for new comers because of the very closed environment. Closed environment enables good work/life balance and job security but it also means refusal to change and improper behavior can be tolerated because of your seniority.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
slow and closed environment
Nice place to work but had it's drawbacks.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2015
Okay place to work but difficult management. Manager would get angry at times. I helped the company with improvements in their financial analysis methods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Schools Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Schools Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location