Desert Springs Hospital Employee Reviews

lots of work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2016
It's was great experience working at Desert Springs Hospital, lots of work to get done, very busy, pay was good, good people
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician - Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
I loved the experience and all the new things that I have learned at this hospital for my externship. The people were all very knowledgeable and friendly.
productive place to work for new grads
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2015
fast paced unit 6-7 patients consisting of step down pts from ICU, IMC or overflow from Surgical floor (ortho/GI/and Bariatric)
Pros
teamwork
Cons
heavy patient load
Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2015
Good working enviroment, support from management, fair treatment for employees, opportunities for advancement. good working relationships, good customer relations.
Very difficult place to work
Travel Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
very poor work ethic and patient care. Leadership seems to think the bullying method is the best method. Patient care was not a priority.
Fast paced Med-surg RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2015
I worked day shift on a med-surgical floor. Taking care of post surgical patient as well as a variety of patients with different illnesses. I specialized and was on a barbaric team providing patient care to barbaric patient's before and after a surgical sleeve. I would passed medications including iv infusions, prepped for surgery, wound care, deligated to CNAs, blood draws from central line and picc lines, followed orders, charted and documented, assessed patients, teaching, and any care that was needed. Discharging multiple patients and receiving new admissions daily.The hardest part was having seven patients with complex medical problems and not giving enough of my and time as needed. An RN's job is never done. There is always more that can be done to provide excellent care for the patient. I truly believe that if a patient has positive experience in the hospital setting it will promote faster healing.I give the excellent customer service. I love spoiling my patients. My reward is watching the health improve. I had a great relationship with my co-workers unfortunately on day shift there is not a lot of team work. Everyone is too busy with there own responsibilities to work together. I enjoyed the time I did get to spend with my crew.
Pros
Love being a nurse
Cons
none or few breaks, too many difficult patient workload
fun to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2015
My workplace is a busy hospital, but is fun to work at Desert Springs Hospital, my co-workers are easy to work with, everybody is a team player, hardest part of the job is if it is under staff, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you are discharging pt it means that they feel good and better under your care, it is a rewarding feeling.
First hospital experience
RN Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Tower 5February 20, 2015
This is my first hospital job. I have learned so much and continue to do so every single shift I work. I have learned time management and prioritization skills. The hardest part of the job is having too many patients and feeling like patient safety is not the number one priority. Our floor does not have a manager and has not had one since I started here 8 months ago which I feel is a huge part of the un-organization and frustration that I feel..
good environment
Evs Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2015
i would sweep all floors then scrub all floors then clean machine and prepare to buff then buff all floors then top scrub and wax any floors in need
it makes a difference
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
nice to work in the hospital, enjoyable to work in Desert Spring Hospital
Pros
breaks
Cons
health care
Great place to work/ gain experience
CNA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2014
Great staff to work with. Very friendly. Management could improve otherwise pretty good. gain lots of experience in many different areas of the hospital.
Pros
great staff and lots of overtime
Cons
short staff, management
n/a
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2014
I was an extern student there, I loved it. I loved taking the medications to specific units(STAT orders). I had a great experience, and the staff was great, The I.V. room was scary, but I did well in there/
Overall this was a great place to get experience
Pharmacy Technician- Extern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2014
I learned how to use a Pyrix machine and how to load it properly. The entire environment was very positive a motivating to do better. Everyone had great personalities, and it was a pleasure being there.
great gob
Certified Nursing Assistant- IMC Caring (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2014
good pay long hours for a person who needs to make their own schedule
Poor management and too much favoritism
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2014
Worked for gero Pysch for about four months and all I had was drama and more drama from the night shift. Not easy to get alone with too cliquey. I should have went to days before I got fired by lies of this charge nurse on nights. Not bitter or upset just know it was unjust dishonest and not friendliest place to work!
Pros
health insurance
Cons
unfair and unjust treatment from management
Clinical nutrition job with duties assigbed
Chief Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2014
Working for large corporation and dealing with management. Time constraints to perform duties.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
working for large corporation
I loved working for Desert Springs
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2013
I was a charge nurse responsible for all the nurses and CNA's on the Med Surg unit.
I also went to different units of the hospital when needed such as ICU, ER, IMC.
I enjoyed all the staff I worked with and the management of the hospital.
Pros
the staff of the hospital
Cons
sometimes if we were short staffed i worked long hours
good place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2013
fast pace, professional environment. great hospital experience for new cnas.
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
low wages
Productive Gero-Psych Unit
o Coordinator of Gero-Psych (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help those in need. A typical day at work was ever changing.
Pros
being able to help people in diverse situations
Chaos and incompetence
RN (Former Employee) –  Geriatric Psych UnitMay 29, 2013
I was very excited to be part of starting up a new unit. My enthusiasm gradually turned to disappointment as each new acting manager came and went. The unit was under-supplied including work stations on wheels, medical supplies, paper and toner, There was a disregard by management, for staff safety, as no safe zone was established. Nurses and ancillary staff were being assaulted and injured by patients. Confusion over rapid response and code procedures with regard to gero-psych was ongoing as was confusion with transfer procedures to medical floors due to illness and/or infection. Inadequate staffing necessitated my increasing assignment as relief charge, despite vehement objections to Clinical Supervisor and each acting manager, resulting in high stress levels because of inadequate patient care and improper staff behaviors. The hardest part of the job was seeing patient ill-treated and getting no response up the chain of command. Most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with patients during group activities including karaoke and reminiscing therapy.
Pros
earned valuable experience working with psychiatric patients.
Cons
frustration over chaotic and dangerous work environment