Desert Springs Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent company
CT Scan supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2017
This is an excellent place to work. They just need more staffing. There is a heavy workload and it would be easier to help all the patients if there was more staff.
Pros
PAY
Cons
SHORT ON HELP
Great place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
This was part of my internship that I completed while I was in school for the Cardiorespiratory Sciences Program. It was very intense and I learned a great from the instructor's.
Awesome Place to be
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2016
I absolutly loved working at Desert Springs Hospital in my teen years being a "candy striper". The fellow staff was amazing to work with, always kept each others backs, and always looked out for one another. By far, the best place to work at.
Pros
Free lunch, and hands on medical training
Cons
Cant think of any
Positive work environment
Phlebotomist Extern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
Great people to work around. A day consisted of collecting blood specimens from patients and bringing it back down to the lab. The overall experience was good.
Interesting environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2016
Working at the hospital you cant predict what will happen. You see everything. Your in an environment with people saving lives. Employees very helpful, fun . Management great You can go and ask them of anything.
Pros
fast paced environemt
Cons
unthinkable atmosphere
Godd plac eto work
Monitor Tech/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2016
This hospital was a very good place to work, the employees was fun to work with, the management team was superb, however things was just thrown together with lots of clutter, But overall I enjoyed working there,
Extremely busy work place but great co-workers
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119April 27, 2016
When first entering work we have huddle (a meeting that tells us what is new and upcoming) and assignments. Then we go to our assigned areas and get report on our patients. Our assignments could be a variety of different patients. Usually 3-5/1 ratio. Then we begin our work day which is a 12 hour shift. Usually my co-workers are very good at helping when a emergent patient or a new patient comes in if they aren't busy. I have learned to time manage and to rely on my out sources and co-workers. Since working at a large hospital in the city working as a team has a new meaning. However, if your co-workers are busy with a critical patient of their own then things can get hairy. I think the hardest part of my job is being so short staffed and never knowing if you'll get a lunch break or a bathroom break. However, taking care of my patients gives me great pleasure and I wouldn't trade that for anything.
Pros
Great learning environment, fast paced
Cons
Short staffed, barely time for lunch
Not Safe
CNA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2016
Not a safe place to work. Not very organized. I didn't feel supported by management.
Loved co-workers and team work, but they began to find new places to work.
I learned about a hospital and how things work there.
Pros
Co- Workers
Cons
Productive and fun work place with amazing staff always willing to help!
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2016
My typical day at work was fast pace and busy, I always had something to do. My coworkers were nice and friendly, which made the work day go by almost too quickly. The management was really helpful with any questions I had and they were engaging and eager to help. The most enjoyable part of going to work was knowing that I was helping someone and that is always a blessing. The hardest part of the job was the long hours on night shift because most of the activity was during day and evening hours. I learned that working in a hospital is where I want to be and what I want to do in life, even if it is waxing floors, its helping.
lots of work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2016
It's was great experience working at Desert Springs Hospital, lots of work to get done, very busy, pay was good, good people
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician - Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
I loved the experience and all the new things that I have learned at this hospital for my externship. The people were all very knowledgeable and friendly.
productive place to work for new grads
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2015
fast paced unit 6-7 patients consisting of step down pts from ICU, IMC or overflow from Surgical floor (ortho/GI/and Bariatric)
Pros
teamwork
Cons
heavy patient load
Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2015
Good working enviroment, support from management, fair treatment for employees, opportunities for advancement. good working relationships, good customer relations.
Very difficult place to work
Travel Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
very poor work ethic and patient care. Leadership seems to think the bullying method is the best method. Patient care was not a priority.
Fast paced Med-surg RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2015
I worked day shift on a med-surgical floor. Taking care of post surgical patient as well as a variety of patients with different illnesses. I specialized and was on a barbaric team providing patient care to barbaric patient's before and after a surgical sleeve. I would passed medications including iv infusions, prepped for surgery, wound care, deligated to CNAs, blood draws from central line and picc lines, followed orders, charted and documented, assessed patients, teaching, and any care that was needed. Discharging multiple patients and receiving new admissions daily.The hardest part was having seven patients with complex medical problems and not giving enough of my and time as needed. An RN's job is never done. There is always more that can be done to provide excellent care for the patient. I truly believe that if a patient has positive experience in the hospital setting it will promote faster healing.I give the excellent customer service. I love spoiling my patients. My reward is watching the health improve. I had a great relationship with my co-workers unfortunately on day shift there is not a lot of team work. Everyone is too busy with there own responsibilities to work together. I enjoyed the time I did get to spend with my crew.
Pros
Love being a nurse
Cons
none or few breaks, too many difficult patient workload
fun to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2015
My workplace is a busy hospital, but is fun to work at Desert Springs Hospital, my co-workers are easy to work with, everybody is a team player, hardest part of the job is if it is under staff, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you are discharging pt it means that they feel good and better under your care, it is a rewarding feeling.
First hospital experience
RN Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Tower 5February 20, 2015
This is my first hospital job. I have learned so much and continue to do so every single shift I work. I have learned time management and prioritization skills. The hardest part of the job is having too many patients and feeling like patient safety is not the number one priority. Our floor does not have a manager and has not had one since I started here 8 months ago which I feel is a huge part of the un-organization and frustration that I feel..
good environment
Evs Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2015
i would sweep all floors then scrub all floors then clean machine and prepare to buff then buff all floors then top scrub and wax any floors in need
it makes a difference
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
nice to work in the hospital, enjoyable to work in Desert Spring Hospital
Pros
breaks
Cons
health care
Great place to work/ gain experience
CNA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2014
Great staff to work with. Very friendly. Management could improve otherwise pretty good. gain lots of experience in many different areas of the hospital.
Pros
great staff and lots of overtime
Cons
short staff, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desert Springs Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Desert Springs Hospital Reviews by Location