Desert Springs Hospital

Desert Springs Hospital Employer Reviews

Great place to work/ gain experience
CNA (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great staff and lots of overtime
Cons: short staff, management
Great staff to work with. Very friendly. Management could improve otherwise pretty good. gain lots of experience in many different areas of the hospital.
n/a
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2014
I was an extern student there, I loved it. I loved taking the medications to specific units(STAT orders). I had a great experience, and the staff was great, The I.V. room was scary, but I did well in there/
Overall this was a great place to get experience
Pharmacy Technician- Extern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2014
I learned how to use a Pyrix machine and how to load it properly. The entire environment was very positive a motivating to do better. Everyone had great personalities, and it was a pleasure being there.
great gob
Certified Nursing Assistant- IMC Caring (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2014
good pay long hours for a person who needs to make their own schedule
Poor management and too much favoritism
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: unfair and unjust treatment from management
Worked for gero Pysch for about four months and all I had was drama and more drama from the night shift. Not easy to get alone with too cliquey. I should have went to days before I got fired by lies of this charge nurse on nights. Not bitter or upset just know it was unjust dishonest and not friendliest place to work!
Clinical nutrition job with duties assigbed
Chief Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: health care benefits
Cons: working for large corporation
Working for large corporation and dealing with management. Time constraints to perform duties.
I loved working for Desert Springs
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2013
Pros: the staff of the hospital
Cons: sometimes if we were short staffed i worked long hours
I was a charge nurse responsible for all the nurses and CNA's on the Med Surg unit.
I also went to different units of the hospital when needed such as ICU, ER, IMC.
I enjoyed all the staff I worked with and the management of the hospital.
good place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2013
Pros: free health insurance
Cons: low wages
fast pace, professional environment. great hospital experience for new cnas.
Productive Gero-Psych Unit
o Coordinator of Gero-Psych (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2013
Pros: being able to help people in diverse situations
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help those in need. A typical day at work was ever changing.
Chaos and incompetence
RN (Former Employee), Geriatric Psych UnitMay 29, 2013
Pros: earned valuable experience working with psychiatric patients.
Cons: frustration over chaotic and dangerous work environment
I was very excited to be part of starting up a new unit. My enthusiasm gradually turned to disappointment as each new acting manager came and went. The unit was under-supplied including work stations on wheels, medical supplies, paper and toner, There was a disregard by management, for staff safety, as no safe zone was established. Nurses and ancillary – more... staff were being assaulted and injured by patients. Confusion over rapid response and code procedures with regard to gero-psych was ongoing as was confusion with transfer procedures to medical floors due to illness and/or infection. Inadequate staffing necessitated my increasing assignment as relief charge, despite vehement objections to Clinical Supervisor and each acting manager, resulting in high stress levels because of inadequate patient care and improper staff behaviors. The hardest part of the job was seeing patient ill-treated and getting no response up the chain of command. Most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with patients during group activities including karaoke and reminiscing therapy. – less
the acknownledgement of employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2013
It was a wonderful place to work, felt good to communicate with the patients and that your work was always shown from the outside in.
VERY BUSY DEPARTMENT
Unit Coordinator/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: late shift
CLERICAL SUPPORT FOR OR DEPARTMENT, SCHEDULER, DATA ENTRY. I LEARNED HOW TO DO SO MUCH AT THIS JOB AND HOW TO PULL SURGERY SUPPLY CARDS,PATIENT TRANSPORT,I WAS UNIT COORDINATOR/SURGERY SCHEDULER. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS WHEN I DID NOT HAVE A REGULAR CHARGE NURSE, THE MOST ENJOYABLE WAS LEARNING ALL THE THINGS I LEARNED AND WORKING IN A HOSPITAL.
Learning Experience
RNIII Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2013
I was hired in the ICU as a new graduate nurse and I had an excellent preceptor and mentor. I was exposed to a lot of different high acuity patients working within the CCU, ICU and MICU. I remained with the company for 4 years while developing the fundamentals of my nursing skills. The hardest part of the job became the staffing issues and the difficulty – more... taking care of 3:1 rather than 2:1 or 2:1 rather than 1:1 patients. – less
Too many demands from administration
Staff RN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2012
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: ridiculous administration
I am not exaggerating when I say almost every day the management finds something more for the RN to do on the floor everyday. The last request I heard (before I quit) was that we were responsible to answer all call lights on the floor. Anyone who has worked a med-surg floor knows it is hard enought to answer the call bells of the 8 patients assigned – more... to you. – less
advertised as the Heart of Southern Nevada
Pharmacist - Clinical Duties (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2012
Pros: good doctors for inevada
Cons: poor service but better than most hospitals in las vegas
Not the best Hospital in town. The ratio of staff to patients is not a big enough concern. The best patient care comes services that could have been improved by spending more money. Management did not want to hear this.
Rewarding Work with no advancement
P.M. Cook, Grill Cook, Pantry (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: free lunch and nice co workers
Cons: bad benefits and management
The kitchen feeds patients and employees three times a day. I learned important diets of the people i feed. Co workers are mostly nice and outgoing people. Hardest part of job is the lack of communication with management and co workers.
Good place to work, could use some improvements.
Staff Nurse RN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2012
Pt load is heavey at times but you have good team work. Management is helpful. Pt care is good, so yes i would recommend this facility.
Excellent acute care hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: great employee benefits including 100% employer match for 401k
Cons: marginal leadership
- Active days included heavy phones and varied projects
- First computer system I learned on was the Wang system
- Marginal
- Good but distant
- Working with a difficult boss
- The patients and their families
A small hospital with a convenient location and positive work environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant for the Float Pool (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2012
Pros: nice group of people
Cons: layered activities for long periods of time with no breaks created a stressful environment
Every day is a wonderful learning experience...that is the beauty of medicine...it is in constant flux. Our nurses are helpful and we work together as a team. I turn in my reports in a timely manner. Sometimes we can have too much at one time, we go from one activity to the next, impossible to break because the job comes first or the patient comes first, – more... the stress is uncomfortable yet when you do sit down and take a deep breath there is a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

I work the night shift - it is difficult because I am a day person- however, coffee is very effective and with discipline I am able to cope and work well. The secret to overcome sleep is to move and stay active.

I enjoy my job and delight in coming to work on a daily basis. – less
Awesome place to work
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2012
Pros: great experiecnce
Doing IVs filling pyxis. Learned how to mix many different drugs, how to work pyxix, and how do credits. Everyone there was fun to be around really good people. Hardest part of the job was finding the drugs around the pharmacy and finding my way around the hospitol. I enjoyed mixing Ivs.