Desert Springs Hospital Employee Reviews

I would love to work here again.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2017
I am a travel RN with 13 weeks contract. I requested the agency that sponsored me to extend my contract because I liked the working environment here. My coworkers were friendly and managers were very supportive.
nothing to say at this time
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2017
My Unit Secretary position was eliminated. During the time I worked there, I was about 50% Happy. It was very Busy most of the time and at times you could not get good team work.
It was fast-paced and exciting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
The medical field is ever-changing. I enjoyed the many "hats" I had to wear. I never knew what was going to greet me when I arriver every morning..
Pros
Exciting and pleasant
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
Over all I felt this was a great place to work. The hardest part of the job was working with time demands. Being required to perform alot of tasks in a very short period of time.
benefits
Cons
time demands
Great family environment
Management (Current Employee) –  ManagementSeptember 19, 2017
DSH has a strong culture of teamwork and family. There is a nice mix of new grad employees, experienced staff and many members of the team that have been there 20+ years. DSH is definitely not the fanciest hospital but it has the best culture of teamwork and respect at all levels of the organization.
Pros
Family environment and great culture
Cons
Not a new shiny penny
ICU id diverse and offers many different types of patients
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
ICU/CCU/MICU staff were supportive. Advancement to Open Heart Recovery available. Pay is completive and Co- workers are supportive. Ancillary staff are reliable and competent.
I enjoyed working there.
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
what i can say about desert springs hospital is that i had a great time working there love the employees the job i was doing. i've learn so much there and met alot of great people. Only bad thing about it there is that i think they just over higher thats the reason i left because my hours were getting cut. Other then that i liked it there.
fairly good place to work
Relief Charge RN/Floor RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2017
fairly good place to work, work/life balance is good (12/hour shfts) usually fixed. Cafeteria is open to all three shifts Non smoking facility Gift shop has a fairlt good variety of merchandise, on site pharmacy
Pros
work/life balance (12 hour shifts) benefits
Cons
difficulty with internal transfers
Fast paced family enviroment with great management
RN (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 25, 2017
I worked at Desert Springs Hospital for almost 10years. 8 of those years were in the ER It was a team approach where I learned a lot about cardiac and strokes. I continued my leadership goals as relief charge nurse From there I transferred to PACU and learned a whole new world of nursing. Advanced my skills and worked with a great team of nurses and physicians
Very outstanding company to work for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2017
Always busy, lots of work, learned to have a lot of pasients with others. Management is always a great help. theirs lots of different cultures no one should feel out of place. The most hardest part on the job is keeping timing steady. The most enjoyable part is working with lots of lovely people .
Cdu
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2017
• Able to identify early signs and symptoms prior to impending emergency or critical situations and how to activate Rapid response, provided with initial nursing care.
• Able to communicate with Charge nurse, and follow chain of commands
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2017
I love working for Desert Springs Hospital, my team in HR is the best. It's more like a family, and we all support each other. The employees are respected
Pros
Work life balance
Fun
Non-paid Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2017
As an intern at Desert Springs Hospital, the nurses and doctors taught a lot. I learned many ways to help patients and help them feel comfortable. The hardest part of the internship was when many patients needed assistants but you were the only one available. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients happy after helping them as much as you can.
Fast paced ER with a lot of great people and opportunities.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2017
Desert Springs was a great place to work. Very busy, with a lot of nice coworkers. Management was always fair and willing to listen. Hardest part of the job was the quiet times at night, and not getting sleepy, and the most enjoyable part was the people you met and worked with. Great atmosphere and definitely a customer service position along with a lot of multitasking!
Pros
A lot of nice people, job security, good benefits.
Cons
Hard to take breaks sometimes because it was busy.
Fun and productive place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119March 1, 2017
A typical day in Desert Springs Hospital, in the Emergency Room was always different. There were always all sort of patients checking in, I would direct them to triage to speech to the nurse. While the nurse began working on the assessment, I would began taking the patients vitals signs. The Nurse would then record the patients information. Additionally, I would direct the visitors to different departments of the emergency to see the patient.
Pros
Free Lunch
Excellent company
CT Scan supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2017
This is an excellent place to work. They just need more staffing. There is a heavy workload and it would be easier to help all the patients if there was more staff.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short on help
Great place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
This was part of my internship that I completed while I was in school for the Cardiorespiratory Sciences Program. It was very intense and I learned a great from the instructor's.
Awesome Place to be
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2016
I absolutly loved working at Desert Springs Hospital in my teen years being a "candy striper". The fellow staff was amazing to work with, always kept each others backs, and always looked out for one another. By far, the best place to work at.
Pros
Free lunch, and hands on medical training
Cons
Cant think of any
Positive work environment
Phlebotomist Extern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
Great people to work around. A day consisted of collecting blood specimens from patients and bringing it back down to the lab. The overall experience was good.
fun place
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2016
The people that I worked with were great and would recommend them to others. Management needs a little help in being nice to others
Pros
Great working staff
Cons
Not enought staff