Desert Valley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 27, 2015
Nice place to work. Only cons is the location. fun to work, no advancement. Good opportunity to start a career. I would recommend entry level positions in this organization.
Caregiver LIfe
Internship (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I get to work, feed my patient, medication reminders, hygeine, then I clean up. Change Diapers before hand, and a sponge bath if needed. Then, I prep lunch, help feed to patient. Clean, do laundry, then I spend time with the client talking if they feel up to it of do any yard work, Then, prep dinner, feed to client, clean. Put in Pj's, and in bed. Then I normally clean more.
Pros
I get to put a smile on there faces.
Cons
Watching people suffer.
Place sucks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 25, 2016
This place sucks if you have a family member that works there that is a supervisor you don't have to do your job you could get away with anything they won't fire you. The pay sucks. No way you could move up in that place. The supervisors are stupid they promise alot but never follow through on what they promise.
Employees,favortism,unprofessional
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 9, 2013
Working in certain depatments was very different,but being in the er you see and hear things that shouldn't even be discussed in the work area.There is no respect at all.Poor etiquette when it came to answering calls,or interviewing patients.Also there was favortism if family worked there.Pay not so great for all the work that you are stuck with!!!! No benefits even if you have certain skills that benefit your job!!!

Most enjoyable part.....Being at home!!!!
Pros
????
Cons
pay!!!
Great Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 1, 2015
Enjoyable place to work because of staff. Low Pay but a good place to start your career. with some restructurizing could be a great place to work
Pros
employees
Cons
pay
Great people to work with along with flexibility
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 23, 2015
I go to work every day with the knowledge that my job is hard, stressful, and no matter how fast you work it seem as if you never get everything done. Knowing I have great co-workers that are there for me when I need them, management that is helpful and understanding and a schedule that is flexible with my home life makes my job worth it!
Pros
Staff, management, flexibility
Cons
stressfull and short staff always
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 27, 2015
This is a fun safe environment to work at. I get to work with people my own age and talk about our shared interest in the medical field. Every last Friday of the month we have a meeting with our supervisor. It's great because we have opinions on what should be changed. Plus we get a chance to see the other volunteers that we don't work with.
Pros
Free lunch
stressful working environment
Registered Nurse, Medical Surgical floor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 18, 2015
Receiving report from previous nurse, checking 24 hour orders, accessing patients, following up on new orders or clarifying new orders. Administering Iv and oral medication. Hardest part is getting a hold of a physician if there is a complications occurring with your patient. The nurses are great and make working there much easier.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
Difficult at times to contact a physician
productive, fast past working enviroment
Distribution tech/HIM tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 1, 2014
A day at work for this hospital mainly consisted of clocking in when you were expected to start as well as clocking out. Overtime was given but only when it was necessary. A typical day would be myself and a co-worker picking up medical charts from offices and the hospital in the mornings, then storing them away in the medical warehouses. Then I would have to go to each warehouse and have to organize the boxes of medical charts of patients employees and past employees, and deceased patients and employees in numerical order and to also purge the older boxes to make room for newer boxes to be stored away. Toward the mid day i would need to go into another building and help other co-workers with their backup work they couldn't get to, and then once done i would have to occasionally go to offsite locations and and deliver charts and supplies to them and also take charts/supplies they no longer needed.At this job you were utilized to the fullest aspect, even when certain jobs you were doing weren't in your jobs description. At the end of the day there were times i needed to take work vehicles to employee parking for storage and being on call with a pager at hand was very frustration at times especially when you had not only your boss, but other workers in the hospital paging you for things they needed at a certain time or even immediately.
Pros
benefits/compensation. employee parking, descent breaks, steady hours
Cons
no to understanding with issues outside work, very controlling with job titles, would have you do something that not in your job description
Productive place to work.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 13, 2012
A typical day at work for me would be coming in to the office checking the fax machines for any important documentation faxed to us. My email is the second thing I check. If I do have important paper work I update what is needed.
I feel like I learn everyday. Different situations come up everyday in the office. Anything could change a calm day to a very stressful. I feel like I learn how to take control of my own stress. I learn how to work in very difficult situations.
Management in the office is very mellow. During hard time it changes but i understand the pressure and I don't mind the challenge.
I think the hardest part of the job is working under pressure, but like I stated in the previous paragraph I don't the challenge. I actually like challenges.
Learning new things everyday is my favorite part. I've learned how to work under stress very well.
Pros
experience.
Cons
none.
Some what of a good place
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 6, 2013
When I was working here it seemed to be nice and friendly. But I have noticed that they would hire you on at part time or per diem and work you as if you were fulltime. You can get by working here, but don't think you will get far. I have learned how to cook, how to do the tray line. the management seems to be ok, my co-workers were great. The most hardest thing about working here is when your a dish washer at night you would get out late, the most thing I enjoyed about working here was on the weekends.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the health care benifites, short breaks, not enough money
It's a great learning hospital that focuses on education.
Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 10, 2015
This was a great job to start my nursing career. This job enabled me to establish a good foundation for my future. They encouraged education and was a good working team environment.
Traps new grads with their contract
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 8, 2014
This hospital lacks professionalism and management skills. Unfortunately, the hospital focuses on admitting patients based on their insurance and then discharging patients too soon because we need beds for more people who shouldn't be admitted in the first place. Their RNs are underpaid and overworked and management does not offer assistance, but instead complains that we do not get high enough scores on patient surveys.
Enjoyable place
Receptionist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 4, 2012
Volunteering at Desert Valley Hospital was a great experience for me. I was not getting paid but I did get a scholarship for $1600. This hospital helped me realize that nursing is the career I want. I learned that you do not have to get paid to enjoy what you are doing. Working with patients and guests was the best part of my day. I would say that i did not find anything hard, everything was enjoyable.
Pros
scholarship
Completely unorganized
rn resident (Former Employee) –  victorville, caFebruary 19, 2014
I was hired into the residency program. After riding a 3 month long roller coaster of "yes you're hired" to "we aren't having a residency program" back to being hired with paperwork filled out and a start date. I got a phone call from the house supervisor verifying my start date, time, uniform, and meeting location and less than 48 hours later (when I showed up to work) I found out that the residency was canceled the day before. Their only thought was "oops well we tried to call you yesterday." Luckily I was able to get my old job back which I had quit to start this one.
Pros
nothing
Cons
hr is completely unorganized
unprofessional
P.T. (Current Employee) –  hospitalJuly 6, 2012
If you have a P.T. Assistant license, you do not want to work here. This department currently has a supervisor that has NO education, and is overseeing this clinical department. When the state comes in, they make it look like the lead P.T. is actually the supervisor, but he is not. The actual supervisor is unprofessional, knows nothing about healthcare or physical therapy, and hires sub par employees. If that is you, then this is the job for you. Pay is far below competitive as well.
Pros
non
Cons
see above
Low pay, low appreciation, great staff though
Rt (Former Employee) –  VictorvilleDecember 25, 2012
This is a good place to start out fresh out of school but that's it. You will be under payed and over worked. Management is horrible, some of the stuff that goes on here is unbelievable. As an employee you are not valued, there's always someone that can fill your spot. High turnover. The staff is helpful and works pretty well as a team.
Good place to work.
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 26, 2013
Loved working there. Most fellow employees were great.Upper management was great.Loved helping patients.On busy days would start out with 10 to 12 patients and by the end of my 12 hour day none of my patients would be the same. Loved the busy days!Was never late.
interesting work environment
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Victorville CaliforniaOctober 11, 2013
Typical day at work I would do interior and exterior patrol. I would handle calls that required security to be present. Response to every code even if it is a medical emergency just in case family members got out of hand. My co-workers were great different personalities made the job interesting. Hardest part was when there was a lot of down time and boredom will set in and time would by very slow.
Pros
easy work asignments
Cons
a lot of down time
Productive environment and a lot to learn
Medical Scribe/ Emergency department technician (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 27, 2014
This position was a learning experience for the hospital and I. I enjoyed learning new things and seeing new treatments daily.
Pros
a lot to learn
Cons
depressing

Desert Valley Hospital Reviews by Location