Desert Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

not good place
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 5, 2017
working here i learn that every one is sleeping with each other and favorit alot and to much drama in every deportment you go too i would never work here again
HOUSEKEEPING AIDE (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 12, 2017
I love working in this place. Manager and co-workers are so nice.Working in this place is a good friendly environment.The hardest part of a job is working as a graveyard shift.
N/a
Externship (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 12, 2017
Honestly i don't really have much to say about this job. It was fun while it lasted and the opportunity was amazing for me to be there also work where I want to be some day in my career path.
Pros
Customer Service and experience
Cons
Not getting paid
Favoritism
Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 8, 2017
Upper staff has its preferred nurses and if you were not part of the group your assignment became horrible really quick, as well as being watch carefully to pull you in for what little mistake was done and reprimanded
Not very welcoming place
Emergency Department Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 4, 2017
The director was new-she had never been a charge nurse-let alone a director. It was a place that always seemed to not be equipped with what was needed
it was cool
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 8, 2017
Answered phone calls and worked front desk. It wasnt bad. I enjoyed getting to know patients and families and being able to help some of them. It was a calm work environment.
Bad Directors
Courier (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 25, 2017
Directors at desert valley have a power trip and the CEO of the hospital takes the side of the directors no matter if its true or not the directors of desert valley don't care for there employees.
Pros
Cons
Bad Directors
ok place to work
Utilization Review Coordinator/Case Management (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 24, 2017
In some areas under staffed, can be stressful, not properly trained in certain areas, in certain departments equipment to efficiently complete your job assignment may not be working and will need to go to another department for example and fax.
Pros
able to use your badge to eat and will deduct from paycheck.
Cons
no comment
workplace culture
RN Medical/Surgical-Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 4, 2017
The staff was very supportive and helpful and provided a welcoming environment. I had a great opportunity to learn time management and practice skills and obtain different certifications.
Pros
covered lunches
Cons
long drive
very productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJune 18, 2017
Very nice working environment, I really enjoy learning new things in this past job and interacting with all my coworkers. Everything was very organized at my past job.
Great Hosptial to work for
Phlebotomist / ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 13, 2017
I would love to work at this hospital again. Had to move out of state so had to give up my job. So sad - I enjoyed working there a lot. Will recommend to anyone.
Pros
Great hours, benefits, pay
great staff and benefits
Clinical Directors Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 8, 2017
Most staff are caring and portray good teamwork ethics. Middle mgmt. are hardworking and involved. As it is a large company, there are options to move to other positions when qualified.
benefits
Good place to work with some extracurricular activities.
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 8, 2017
Desert Valley Hospital is a nice place where people are very accommodating and friendly. There is good communication between the employees and leadership of the Hospital. There are various benefits and provision of discounts to theme parks, gyms etc.
Pros
Cheap living expenses.
Cons
Compensation is low.
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victorville CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Desert Valley Hospital because of all the great experience that was obtained from the various patients that I had. Great team from coworkers to bosses. I worked night shift which was great for my schedule at the time. Great family orientated company. Clean environment to work for.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Night shift was difficult at times
Allows Bullying amongst staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 29, 2016
Average job as a staff RN. Not much advancement available, not much lateral movement to different depts. Allows staff to bully each other. Most CNA's are great but the ones that aren't can make your shift miserable.
Pros
3 days a week
Cons
Bullying of staff
Great place to work and learn new modalities
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 29, 2016
Great place to work, help further your career by reimbursing for school classes, and seminars taken. I am able to use all my modalities in one day, which makes time go fast and helps me keep up on my skills. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers.
Good if you want to get experience
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 1, 2016
Overall descent hospital. Great starting work place. Management in my current unit is great but in my previous unit was alright. The pay is low. Short staffed almost all the time. We just got a new CNO so things should be turning around soon.
Pros
able to advance quickly and get a lot of experience in different areas
Cons
pay, inability to get a hold of doctors most of the time
Compassion
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92395June 20, 2016
As a nurse I learned it was important to collaborate with team members in order to provide high quality patient care. Patients and their families were a top priority day to day.
Place sucks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 25, 2016
This place sucks if you have a family member that works there that is a supervisor you don't have to do your job you could get away with anything they won't fire you. The pay sucks. No way you could move up in that place. The supervisors are stupid they promise alot but never follow through on what they promise.
Caregiver LIfe
Internship (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I get to work, feed my patient, medication reminders, hygeine, then I clean up. Change Diapers before hand, and a sponge bath if needed. Then, I prep lunch, help feed to patient. Clean, do laundry, then I spend time with the client talking if they feel up to it of do any yard work, Then, prep dinner, feed to client, clean. Put in Pj's, and in bed. Then I normally clean more.
Pros
I get to put a smile on there faces.
Cons
Watching people suffer.