Desert Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

stressful working environment
Registered Nurse, Medical Surgical floor (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: Difficult at times to contact a physician
Receiving report from previous nurse, checking 24 hour orders, accessing patients, following up on new orders or clarifying new orders. Administering Iv and oral medication. Hardest part is getting a hold of a physician if there is a complications occurring with your patient. The nurses are great and make working there much easier.
Great people to work with along with flexibility
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Staff, management, flexibility
Cons: stressfull and short staff always
I go to work every day with the knowledge that my job is hard, stressful, and no matter how fast you work it seem as if you never get everything done. Knowing I have great co-workers that are there for me when I need them, management that is helpful and understanding and a schedule that is flexible with my home life makes my job worth it!
Fun, productive and reliable working enviroment
LVN (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Guaranteed shifts and great staff
Cons: repetitive nursing
Reliable scheduled shifts and pay. Friendly staff and CEO. Working for this registry I learned to be reliable and organized. The hardest part of the job was being schedule in a department outside your specialty. The most enjoyable part of the job being surrounded by great people!
It's a great learning hospital that focuses on education.
Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical/Telemetry (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJanuary 10, 2015
This was a great job to start my nursing career. This job enabled me to establish a good foundation for my future. They encouraged education and was a good working team environment.
Productive environment and a lot to learn
Medical Scribe/ Emergency department technician (Current Employee), Victorville, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: a lot to learn
Cons: depressing
This position was a learning experience for the hospital and I. I enjoyed learning new things and seeing new treatments daily.
Charge Nurse and House Supervisor
Charge Nurse, House Supervisor, Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Victorville, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay
I liked working with my staff as a charge nurse and house supervisor
Great experience
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: drs and staff where helpful
Cons: driving distance
The staff at DVMC where great. Great educational experience and was able to participate in almost everything. All the doctors i worked with where all helpful and nice.
Fun place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: n/a
I usually arrive 15 min early and check in the the security guard and sit at my desk then i would direct patients relatives to them. the hardest part about volunteering is you don't know who your going to get.
Good Training Ground for Nurses
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: resources
Enhances skills and good learning experience for starting nurses
Lack of resources and staffing together with high volume and high acuity of patients will train any nurse to cope with anything.
DvH
pt (Former Employee), Victorville, CAApril 10, 2014
Poor Management
Poor Security
Poor Service

Managent Lacks Education
Understanding
No Respect
productive, fast past working enviroment
Distribution tech/HIM tech 1 (Former Employee), Victorville, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: benefits/compensation. employee parking, descent breaks, steady hours
Cons: no to understanding with issues outside work, very controlling with job titles, would have you do something that not in your job description
A day at work for this hospital mainly consisted of clocking in when you were expected to start as well as clocking out. Overtime was given but only when it was necessary. A typical day would be myself and a co-worker picking up medical charts from offices and the hospital in the mornings, then storing them away in the medical warehouses. Then I would have to go to each warehouse and have to organize the boxes of medical charts of patients employees and past employees, and deceased patients and employees in numerical order and to also purge the older boxes to make room for newer boxes to be stored away. Toward the mid day i would need to go into another building and help other co-workers with their backup work they couldn't get to, and then once done i would have to occasionally go to offsite locations and and deliver charts and supplies to them and also take charts/supplies they no longer needed.At this job you were utilized to the fullest aspect, even when certain jobs you were doing weren't in your jobs description. At the end of the day there were times i needed to take work vehicles to employee parking for storage and being on call with a pager at hand was very frustration at times especially when you had not only your boss, but other workers in the hospital paging you for things they needed at a certain time or even immediately.
COMPLETELY UNORGANIZED
rn resident (Former Employee), victorville, caFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: hr is completely unorganized
I was hired into the residency program. After riding a 3 month long roller coaster of "yes you're hired" to "we aren't having a residency program" back to being hired with paperwork filled out and a start date. I got a phone call from the house supervisor verifying my start date, time, uniform, and meeting location and less than 48 hours later (when I showed up to work) I found out that the residency was canceled the day before. Their only thought was "oops well we tried to call you yesterday." Luckily I was able to get my old job back which I had quit to start this one.
Traps new grads with their contract
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJanuary 8, 2014
This hospital lacks professionalism and management skills. Unfortunately, the hospital focuses on admitting patients based on their insurance and then discharging patients too soon because we need beds for more people who shouldn't be admitted in the first place. Their RNs are underpaid and overworked and management does not offer assistance, but instead complains that we do not get high enough scores on patient surveys.
Some what of a good place
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee), Victorville, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the health care benifites, short breaks, not enough money
When I was working here it seemed to be nice and friendly. But I have noticed that they would hire you on at part time or per diem and work you as if you were fulltime. You can get by working here, but don't think you will get far. I have learned how to cook, how to do the tray line. the management seems to be ok, my co-workers were great. The most hardest thing about working here is when your a dish washer at night you would get out late, the most thing I enjoyed about working here was on the weekends.
Co-workers are great, pay sucks
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee), Victorville, CANovember 1, 2013
Co-workers are awesome, everyone helps out. The owner is a cheapskate when it comes to pay. He has the $ to buy hospitals all over the country but will not make his pay scale comparable to surrounding hospitals.
interesting work environment
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Victorville CaliforniaOctober 11, 2013
Pros: easy work asignments
Cons: a lot of down time
Typical day at work I would do interior and exterior patrol. I would handle calls that required security to be present. Response to every code even if it is a medical emergency just in case family members got out of hand. My co-workers were great different personalities made the job interesting. Hardest part was when there was a lot of down time and boredom will set in and time would by very slow.
productive and fair
Hospital Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee), Victorville, CASeptember 2, 2013
great employers . fun and affective.
great place to work.gsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegsegd
Great for learning
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 5, 2013
DVH was a wonderful place to learn. The staff is patient and understanding when working with students.
Wonderful People
Student externship (Former Employee), StudentJuly 9, 2013
Wonderful staff, wonderful people, and I wish i can go back and work for these people and their wonderful patients.
EMPLOYEES,FAVORTISM,UNPROFESSIONAL
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: ????
Cons: pay!!!
WORKING IN CERTAIN DEPATMENTS WAS VERY DIFFERENT,BUT BEING IN THE ER YOU SEE AND HEAR THINGS THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE DISCUSSED IN THE WORK AREA.THERE IS NO RESPECT AT ALL.POOR ETIQUETTE WHEN IT CAME TO ANSWERING CALLS,OR INTERVIEWING PATIENTS.ALSO THERE WAS FAVORTISM IF FAMILY WORKED THERE.PAY NOT SO GREAT FOR ALL THE WORK THAT YOU ARE STUCK WITH!!!! NO BENEFITS EVEN IF YOU HAVE CERTAIN SKILLS THAT BENEFIT YOUR JOB!!!

MOST ENJOYABLE PART.....BEING AT HOME!!!!