Position: Construction Business Development Manager
Territory: Mainly in Southeastern US.
- National Design Build Construction Company headquartered in Tennessee is seeking a highly motivated, innovative individual to join our growing company in the role of Construction Business Development Manager. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in the Construction field along with prior experience in business development preferably in the Industrial/ Distribution/ Development Construction Sectors. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and will have direct responsibility for the Warehousing/Distribution Market Sector of the company.
B. Business Development Manager Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and execute a sales and marketing plan for a defined market sector which identifies new construction project opportunities which complement the company’s core competencies and increases our client base.
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical marketing which generates new business development results.
- Manage the project development and sales/ marketing process from opportunity targeting, prequalification, proposal, and booking, through the transition to design / construction operations.
- Respond to Request for Proposals, Qualifications, Information and other requests to engage client.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with new owners, developers, logistics operators, industrial suppliers as well as others in the warehouse/distribution/ development industry.
- Identify and participate in associations, trade shows and organizations in target market sector where relationships can be generated.
- Assist Senior Vice President in developing a yearly business development plan and associated budget based on objectives set forth in the strategic business plan.
- Assist in development of strategy for preparation of proposals or presentations.
- Schedules and records debriefs on all proposed projects, either awarded or not. Collaborate with Business Development staff to develop and implement improvement strategies learned from debriefs.
- Maintains database of projects which are being pursued along with the current project status.
- Position will require significant travel regionally.
- Manager’s base for operations may be remote to home office location. (Relocation not a job requirement.)
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned.
C. Position Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Marketing, Business or related area with emphasis on Industrial/Warehouse/ Distribution Construction.
- 2-5 years of Business Development experience with at least two years in the construction related industry.
- Customer relationship building skills.
- Organized, problem solver, responsive, persistent, self-starter motivated by challenge and change.
- Enthusiastic, creative, flexible, “people” person able to work under pressure and make decisions under tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Construction market, preferably in Industrial/Warehouse/Distribution/ Developer sector.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and employees while maintaining a constant focus on exceeding the client’s expectations.
D. Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• National Design Build Construction Company headquartered in Tennessee