Design Communications LTD

Design Communications LTD Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work and awesome shop!
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  BostonFebruary 3, 2014
I worked for Design Communications for a little over a year and learned so much. They have an incredibly impressive workshop with extremely talented and experienced fabricators. I looked forward to coming to work every day because my coworkers were so nice and willing to accept newcomers. I was constantly being challenged and taught new things and it was always exciting to come to work every day. The day flies by when you are having fun!
Friendly and fun employees, great atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  BostonFebruary 3, 2014
I loved working at DCL and if I hadn't moved I would definitely still be working there. Great employees who are all very friendly, passionate, creative, and professional, and that made it very easy to fit in right away. Management is very approachable and constantly giving positive feedback. I had so much fun working here.. bottom line Design Communications gets an A+!
Seriously fun job
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2013
I can't describe a lot of my jobs as 'fun' but this one I can. The people are so cool and friendly and days actually fly by!
Fantastic Work Environment
HR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2013
Working at DCL is a truly unique experience; being among so many incredibly smart and talented people taking their work seriously and having fun at the same time. People are hired based not only on their skills but also on their ability to fit in, which is how we have maintained a positive, energetic work environment for many years. Our product is amazing and everyone gets involved from a different angle in producing specialty elements that are regarded as the best in the industry. I have worked at a number of different places, but I've never been anywhere else that didn't have a single negative or unpleasant person. DCL is that place; we are all lucky to be here!
Pros
cooking contests, cameraderie, holiday video, collaborative team work
Cons
none; maybe long commute, but worth it!
Actually Enjoy Coming To Work
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2013
DCL is a pretty good place to be. Ppl like being here and don't scream at you like other shops and the upper ppl actually listen to ur ideas.
Pros
insurance and nice coworkers
Cons
no flexible spending account, not much food options in the area
Good Company
Graphics Lead (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2013
fair pay, great benefits, professional demeanor with clients and colleagues, no complaints
An Employer to Call Home
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2013
DCL is the best company I have ever worked for, hands down. I always feel part of the team working toward common goals. The products that we create are of the highest quality and we all take pride in what we do. There are always clear guidelines on how to proceed, the company culture is one of valuing its employees and I've just never seen so many smiling faces throughout the course of the workday. I can't ever see myself leaving.
Pros
attentive management, friendly colleagues, great health insurance
unprofessional management
Project Development (Former Employee) –  Boston, MaAugust 19, 2013
management objectives are not followed through and open criticism and bad mouthing by upper and middle management. Unorganized, outdated software, Toxic plant fumes throughout offices.
Pros
high profile clients and projects
Cons
management accountability
Unproductive
On call (Former Employee) –  Boston, MaAugust 15, 2013
Management perform unprofessional values and *lacks skills in training*. When I worked here I was never told my title, even after asking for clarification, and was let go the day I received health insurance without a two weeks notice.
Pros
harbor view
Cons
training, hr, management, hipsters, strippers

4.2