Purpose of Position:
Support user experience and interface design (UX) and DI’s mission of providing engineering services and consulting in human-system integration (HSI), usability engineering, training systems design and evaluation, and next generation HSI research.
Design Interactive offers a unique growth opportunity for User Experience/User Interface designers. DI uses cutting edge technology to sustain leadership in the development of adaptive training systems and diagnostic solutions for commercial and government clientele. DI has identified UX/UI as a significant differentiator to sustain leadership and grow commercial opportunities. The UX/UI designer will work with the UX/UI Lead and support an interdisciplinary team through research, strategy development, conceptualization, product definition, design, and implementation.
The UX/UI designer will have an opportunity to support the definition of the corporate UX strategy and branding approach and work with world class researchers across a wide array of projects that support medical initiatives, defense solutions and emerging markets. The successful UX/UI Designer will demonstrate flexibility across development platforms, engage researchers and software engineers in the creative process and simultaneously grow their own skill set and the capabilities of a growing company.
- Support field researchers (contextual investigations, interviews, natural observations etc) as needed, translating observational data into user needs and functional requirements.
- Lead project teams in brainstorming sessions for new user experiences and designs in emerging and defined markets.
- Responsible for translating functional requirements from field research team into user experience story boards.
- Develop strong UIs that incorporate usability and user experience best practices.
- Rapidly develop and iterate prototypes from conceptual through functional/interactive demonstrations of potential new products, features, or widgets either as proof of concept or to assist in requirements.
- Support UX/UI Lead in defining and refining corporate UX vision and UI style guides
- Support Graphic Design and UX/UI lead in graphic design and product branding activities
- Manage risk by identifying, quantifying and monitoring potential threats to the project or development lifecycle.
- Contribute to early identification of project issues and opportunities for product improvement.
- Participate in proposal development.
- Provide responsive, accurate, and friendly technical support to internal and external clients.
- Promote products and services at various customer locations and functions.
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education: Bachelor Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Digital Systems, HCI, Multimedia, Visual Communication)
Experience: Minimum 2 years related experience
- Dominance of UI design and prototyping tools (Axure, Balsamiq, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design)
- Desire to continually add to personal skill set and willingness to learn new development technologies and explore new platforms
- Solid understanding of usability heuristics and user-centered design principles
- Experience in or knowledge of cutting edge UI development, cross platform, and responsive design technologies (HTML5/CSS3/JS, Adobe Edge, Flash/AS, Adobe Air, WPF, Appcelerator, etc.)
- Requires skills in complete software development lifecycle, experience working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Proven client management skills.
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills.
Purpose of Position:
Position requires a minimum amount of overnight domestic travel.
Physical requirements involve performing general office activities.
Affirmative Action Employer
We provide training system analysis and evaluation, development of metrics for performance assessment, and task analyses. Our methods and...