Purpose of Position:
Utilize Android software development to support DI’s mission of providing engineering services and consulting in human-system integration (HSI), usability engineering, training systems design and evaluation, and next generation HSI research.
- Utilize Eclipse and the Android Development Kit to develop object-oriented software for mobile devices, including various phones and tablets
- Perform analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging, and modifications of computer programs and hardware devices for complex products.
- Aid in software development, feature specification, and design.
- Translate user needs into detailed design specifications; provide prototype and end-user applications and enhancement based on specifications.
- Provide responsive, accurate, and friendly technical support to internal and external clients.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions.
- Promote products and services at various customer locations and functions.
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
Experience: 3 - 5 years related experience;
- Requires skills in complete software development lifecycle
- Requires strong background in object-oriented Design Interactive, Inc.
- Requires extensive Android and/or Java, and programming experience on Windows based systems
- Requires proficiency with GUI design and development
- Requires general knowledge in hardware design, testing, and debugging
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Requires ability to express ideas clearly and logically
- Requires good interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively in a variety of configurations – independently, as a member of a team, and in a matrix reporting environment
- Requires ability to prioritize tasks, show considerable initiative, resolve conflicts and handle complaints
- Requires ability to work as a team member
- Requires excellent planning and organizational skills
Position requires a minimum amount of local, overnight and extended travel.
Physical requirements involve performing general office activities.
Affirmative Action Employer
Candidate must be a US Citizen and submit to a pre-employment criminal background screen.