Purpose of Position:
Support user experience and interface design (UX) and DI’s mission of providing engineering services and consulting in human-system integration (HSI), usability engineering, training systems design and evaluation, and next generation HSI research.
Design Interactive offers a unique growth opportunity for User Experience/User Interface designers. DI uses cutting edge technology to sustain leadership in the development of adaptive training systems and diagnostic solutions for commercial and government clientele. DI has identified UX/UI as a significant differentiator to sustain leadership and grow commercial opportunities. The UX/UI designer will work with the UX/UI Lead and support an interdisciplinary team through research, strategy development, conceptualization, product definition, design, and implementation.
The UX/UI designer will have an opportunity to support the definition of the corporate UX strategy and branding approach and work with world class researchers across a wide array of projects that support medical initiatives, defense solutions and emerging markets. The successful UX/UI Designer will demonstrate flexibility across development platforms, engage researchers and software engineers in the creative process and simultaneously grow their own skill set and the capabilities of a growing company.
- Support field researchers (contextual investigations, interviews, natural observations etc) as needed, translating observational data into user needs and functional requirements.
- Lead project teams in brainstorming sessions for new user experiences and designs in emerging and defined markets.
- Responsible for translating functional requirements from field research team into user experience story boards.
- Develop strong UIs that incorporate usability and user experience best practices.
- Rapidly develop and iterate prototypes from conceptual through functional/interactive demonstrations of potential new products, features, or widgets either as proof of concept or to assist in requirements.
- Support UX/UI Lead in defining and refining corporate UX vision and UI style guides
- Support Graphic Design and UX/UI lead in graphic design and product branding activities
- Manage risk by identifying, quantifying and monitoring potential threats to the project or development lifecycle.
- Contribute to early identification of project issues and opportunities for product improvement.
- Participate in proposal development.
- Provide responsive, accurate, and friendly technical support to internal and external clients.
- Promote products and services at various customer locations and functions.
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education: Bachelor Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Digital Systems, HCI, Multimedia, Visual Communication)
Experience: Minimum 2 years related experience
- Dominance of UI design and prototyping tools (Axure, Balsamiq, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design)
- Desire to continually add to personal skill set and willingness to learn new development technologies and explore new platforms
- Solid understanding of usability heuristics and user-centered design principles
- Experience in or knowledge of cutting edge UI development, cross platform, and responsive design technologies (HTML5/CSS3/JS, Adobe Edge, Flash/AS, Adobe Air, WPF, Appcelerator, etc.)
- Requires skills in complete software development lifecycle, experience working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Proven client management skills.
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills.
Purpose of Position:
Position requires a minimum amount of overnight domestic travel.
Physical requirements involve performing general office activities.
Affirmative Action Employer