Design Within Reach

Design Within Reach Employee Reviews

Design Within Reach in the Middle Years
Proprietor (Former Employee), variousAugust 26, 2013
I still love Design Within Reach and truly enjoyed working with some of the most intelligent and hilarious co-workers I've ever had the pleasure of spending a day with. While I was there I saw the company grow from a small, to medium-sized business. Despite the challenging economic climate, we modeled ideal retail operations to invigorate growth and make DWR the largest retailer of classic modern design in America. Design Within Reach remains an icon for modern design education.
Friendly and supportive environment
Information Systems Intern (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 17, 2013
It can be difficult for a computer science student to find an internship that offers them an opportunity to learn about an industry and develop their technical skills. My co-workers have made it their priority to ensure that the tasks they give me are both educational and meaningful. They have also been very flexible in providing me with tasks and projects that benefit both myself and the company. For example, since I have previous experience with SQL and databases, I have been given more business intelligence work such as creating crystal reports.
Sales driven company concerned only with the bottom dollar.
Inventory Control Specialist, Asst. Whs. Mgr. (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJDecember 27, 2012
Pros: made some friends and gained experience.
Cons: everything else.
I worked in the warehouse for one of this company's scratch & dent outlet stores. In my view our staff in the back was not treated with the basic professional courtesy and respect that anyone in a work environement deserves at times, from sales staff as well as, and especially mangement. Involvement from regional management was lacking to say the least, in store management was borderline incompentent and made inventory tracking as difficult as could be without reason. My recommendation is that unless you're passion in life is to sell sofas and credenzas to customers that have more money than they know what to do with, don't work here.

About Design Within Reach

Design Within Reach (commonly referred to as DWR) could be just out of reach for the average Joe furniture-shopper's wallet. The – Read more