DesignCrowd (www.designcrowd.com) based in Sydney Australia is one of the fastest growing design crowdsourcing website in the world. Venture backed by Starfish Ventures, Australia’s leading VC, DesignCrowd is preparing to scale in the US and is seeking to make its first hire – a US Marketing Manager – in Silicon Valley (or another part of the US).
Objectives of the Role
- Growth in the US – the Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving game-changing sales and client growth for DesignCrowd with specific revenue growth targets.
- Brand Building– the Marketing Manager will be responsible for marketing efforts and building DesignCrowd’s brand awareness in the US.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for marketing activities in the US including:
- PR – generating press and buzz for DesignCrowd in the US.
- Guerilla Marketing – generate guerilla marketing initiatives to help generate press, brand awareness, social media buzz and new clients.
- Campaigns – work with the existing marketing team to develop and coordinate US acquisition campaigns.
- Events, Tradeshows – represent DesignCrowd at US tradeshows, conferences and events.
- Other Marketing – execute other activities (such as other offline advertising, designer recruitment, community and incubator outreach) in the US.
- Networking, Advocacy and Selling – identifying, building and maintaining key relationships with bloggers, press, potential clients, big brands and potential partners.
- Should have an undergraduate University degree or tertiary qualification.
- Preferred candidates will have a postgraduate degree.
Experience and Skills
- Must have experience dealing with PR, press and buzz.
- Should have 5+ years of experience working in marketing.
- Should have experience working with startups.
- Should have experience with guerilla marketing.
- Nice to have existing relationships Silicon Valley and/or the US tech / entrepreneur community.
- Nice to have existing relationships the design industry.
- Nice to have experience with online marketing.
- Nice to have experience in the design, photography, creative or print industries.
- Nice to have some experience in selling and building partnerships.
- A leadership opportunity in a venture backed startup.
- Opportunity to drive significant growth in the business and share in the upside.
- Significant budget and revenue responsibility.
- Opportunity to work with a leading crowdsourcing company cool, creative, online brand.
- A fast-moving, stimulating and entrepreneurial environment.
- A young, fun and talented team.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard