DesignQuest, LLC is an independent mechanical design company specializing in Solidworks and Catia design services.
We design for a very diverse range of industries, including:
Automotive packaging and material handling, Conveyors, Food & beverage industry, Nuclear industry, Transportation industry, Energy Sector, and more.
We are very flexible and mobile in order to meet customer’s needs, whether onsite or offsite.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of engineering drawing using Solidworks. Must be familiar with standard drawing practices.
- Must have experience creating complex assemblies, drawings, sheet metal parts, weldments, and BOMs using Solidworks
- Catia V5 experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how models work and how to create model configurations, piece part drawings, assembly drawings, and bills of material.
- Basic knowledge of algebra, geometry, trigonometry, drafting technology, and computer graphics
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Experience designing mechanical assemblies (preferred)
- Associates Degree, or equivalent experience in drafting and design. BSME, PE a plus.
- Experience in returnable packaging and material handling preferred
- Good knowledge of general machining and fabrication practices preferred.
- Good knowledge of standard materials for machining and fabrication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Occasional domestic travel may be required.
- Must be familiar with and able to use standard measuring tools – tape measure, calipers, protractors, angle finders, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage other designers/drafters preferred
- Create 3D models, 2D drawing packages, and BOMs using Solidworks and/or Catia V5
- Conceptualize 3D designs based on customer requirements.
- Create presentations in Powerpoint, MS Word, or Solidworks for customer review.
- Onsite visits to customers for meetings, reverse engineering, design reviews, support, prototype deliveries, etc.
- Support the manufacturing of products designed by DesignQuest
- Reverse engineer existing products and generate 3D models and 2D drawings packages
- Check designs/drawings done by other team members
- Interface with customers in person, by phone, email, Skype, etc. Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and potential customers
- Need local person who can go to customers on-site as needed
- This position will also include other duties as needed
No relocation assistance available for this position