Dessert Deli Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun Stuff
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 1, 2015
working with some of the best desserts in this area. Fun co workers and delicious treats. enjoyed learning how to make new products
Pros
learning new recipes and methods
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits
Dessert deli
front of house counter person, co manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 17, 2014
I was employed, for thirteen years, at the Dessert deli, one of the most distinguished gourmet bakeries in the city. While there I learned front of the house management duties, event planning, how to handle customer complaints, ran events on and off site, scheduling and excelled at customer service overall. I also handled my own cash register and had the responsibility researching and ordering upscale candy for the shop. I also helped bring new employees on board and was part of the training. I got along very well with my co-workers and still maintain a very good relationship with all of them, including my employer there. The hardest part of the job were the challenges presented during holiday seasons, and the multi tasking that this sometimes required, but working as a team with everyone in the bakery was how we all managed through it.
Pros
Surrounded by a wonderful product that you could believe in and sell with confidence.
Cons
There were no paid holidays, healthcare, or 401k available.
Fun workplace with experanced co workers
Cake Decorator/Baker (Current Employee) –  williamsville, NYFebruary 3, 2013
I love this place i get to do what i love with some really talented people. However during the winter they always cut hours so the need for a second job always is there.
Pros
doing what i love to do
Cons
expensive health care and no hours during the winter
creative
Cake Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 18, 2012
Fun place to be creative in the pastry field. I enjoy working with the other employees.