Desta Drilling

Desta Drilling Employee Reviews

Able to advance and great pay
Motorman (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 6, 2015
Inspect and greased all equipmet.Maintained great house keeping around rig and kept rig organized.I learned the drilling process.
Good paying job
Derrickman (Former Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: 401 k
Cons: job security
I would be away from the house for a week at a time but did enjoy the work. Unfortunately the price of oil has dropped so I was laid off.
working for desta drilling
Derrick hand (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: knowledged employees
Cons: extreme conditions
make relief know what job tasks are going on at the time, things i learned was how to do my job better and more efficently by observing others during job tasks and asking questions about that job task,they had good management,co workers were always willing to lend a hand when needed or asked to,hardest part was evolving to there way of doing certain job tasks, most enjoyable was having others there to help when needed.
Care about your safety.
Driller (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 22, 2014
Pros: air conditioning and heaters
Cons: no lunch break...just eat when we have time.
Worked 7 on 7 off. Tool pushers were easy to get along with. I got along with my crew and other employees on the rig. The hardest part of the job is to keep everything running smooth without anything going wrong through out the week. I love my job and what I do. I learn something new everyday and that's what I look forward to in my day. Everything I do at work gets done right and in the safest way possible. Getting along with the people you work with makes your job that much easier.
productive
motors (Former Employee), Caldwell, TXOctober 30, 2013
I was a motor hand so I was always busy! maintenance all motors, scrubbing, painting, keep all lights burning, keeping the other two floor hands working
Productive and a fun place to work
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good pay
worked 12 hour shifts. worked 7 days and 7 days off. really enjoyed working for this company.
Ok Place to work
Toolpusher (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 27, 2013
An ok place to work but needs a lot of improvement in management
Work in general
Tool Pusher (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 22, 2013
Pros: when your good your good
Cons: when your bad your bad
A typical day was undetermined, you never knew what any day could throw at you. I have learned that it takes a certain skill to handle people because everybody is different in their work ethic and the needs that arise with families and children. Management is a double edged sword, it cuts both ways and it cuts very deep. There is a need to have comaraderie amongst co-workers but a line has to be maintained for command and control. The hardest part of the job is dealing with employees and main office, while trying to please everyone involved with the operation sometimes people will get the wrong impression of you and be judgmental. That being said you do the best that you can considering all options. The most enjoyable part of the job is the competitiveness and doing better than the others when it matters because money is on the line, but it can be like management it is a double edged sword. The most important thing is the job completion and no one was injured or hurt so they could go home to their respective places and their families.
To much Drama in the work place.
Lead hand/shop hand (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 16, 2013
Pros: more experience gained to better my work ethics
Cons: advancement
work varied from day to day.
How to drill water wells.
unreliable.
Drama
being away from my family
payday.
Honest way to earn a living, safe and productive team environment
Derrick Hand (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 23, 2012
Getting to work and managing time was fun. Working with others who have a good attitude and self motivation

Desta Drilling Salaries