Destination Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Good, but needs better management
Outside Services (Former Employee) –  Sunriver, ORJune 16, 2017
The actual job required you to take care of golf carts by bringing them out into the waiting area, taking them back to be cleaned and charged, helping customers with golf bags, and even directing the people. Depending on shift, one might also set up or take down the range, as well as close up the golf course itself.

There were also other odd jobs, like getting more sand for the sand holders, helping customers, picking up golf balls, and sometimes assisting the other employees.
Pros
Discounted Food Prices, Good Working Culture, Caring but Firm Employers
Cons
Poor Current Management, Lack of Communication at times.
former facilities engineer
3rd shift facilities engineer (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTApril 20, 2017
Management at DHR uses employees to make themselves look good. Continually makes empty promises of better work schedule, promotion, schooling and pay raises. In my 5 yrs there, job duties were changed so often, no one knew what they were responsible for. Promotions were based on favoritism and new hires were often given a better schedule and higher pay than current employees just to get them in the door.

For all DHR's ravings about customer service and being a team player, this is one team I would NEVER recommend. Notorious for firing employees on terms which disallow unemployment.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
everything from then on out!
beautiful resort at squaw creek
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympic Valley, CAApril 4, 2017
i clean, organize, and restock, pretty manageable and a beautiful place to work in, everyone is happy including the employees, always a good experience
Pros
benefits and commission
Management is horrible
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2017
Apply somewhere else. Management is horrible. Everybody walks around with big heads and criticise but never offer help or even a teaching hand to show you how to be and do better. They show favoritism to those that they may like or those that kiss up to them. They have core values that if you follow them than you are being insubordinate. You not allow to give ideas and if you do give a good idea they take credit for it as if it was there's. Overall.. amazing benefits, horrible pay, crappie people..
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
The employees and management
Nepotism
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 5, 2017
Only those that got along to get along seemed to advance in this company. The Human Resources director threatened one of my colleagues with termination over rumors and when facts were brought to light wouldn't even offer my colleague so much as an apology. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Money
Cons
Nepotism.
Very weak establishment.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2016
PPR - They dont care about your experience, it does not coincide with their goal of making 2mil a minute. Their management team is rude and disrespectful. Even after being downsized, they become even more unprofessional.
Pros
Free food in a kitchen designed from countries with less resources.
Cons
No matter your experience or knowledge, dont expect to be compensated.
great experience
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJune 27, 2016
Forward thinking company. great location and wonderful staff to work with. looking forward to finding an employer of this caliber soon.
Pros
diversity, growth, forward thinking.
Cons
expensive area to live in, cost of living and wages dont match.
Fellow employees abd managers lack respect for other departments
Steward supervisor (Former Employee) –  Isle of Palms, SCMay 9, 2016
since I left last year I see that no one else wants to step up for my former position and with good reason. I worked there for approximately a year & a half and in that time I was recognized for my hard work, responsibility, and motivation within a few months but since starting I felt there was no respect for the my department and the work we did. We were the least staffed department in property and yet where made to assist every department with work although none besides the set up department helped us in return. Days before my leaving there was an argument that I was being disrespectful because I said my team was not goin to help the cooks do there job and I was told by a front of house manager it was in our contracts to assist when a member of management asked you to do so if within reason however when I brought up that my manager would ask for help no one is made to do so it's jus my department, at which point I was told we need to hire more workers to assist us. The day this happened there were 10 cooks present and 10 or more servers working front of house while I only had myself n maybe 3 oother employees The workload is unfair and management fails to acknowledge complaints of employees regardless of what my manager said or did. I would not recommend working here unless you have an administrative position
Bad place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  YVE MiamiApril 22, 2016
Housekeeping manager very disrespectful,scream at employees, bad management don't care about employees, cheap pay, very high cost benefits, HR never ever seen to be working, really bad place to work.
Pros
Cero compensation, no one cares
Cons
Bad pay, high cost benefits
I learned alot and promoting frim within was good but some older workers hardly did any work and was allowed to pick on other employees.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAApril 17, 2016
Managers misuse of P-cards, flirting and cheating all over hotel. Employees raises were given because were friends not work quality. Too many chiefs no training and education of other departments.
Pros
free lunch, other employees
Cons
no breaks, over worked, not appreciated or trained correctly.
Lovede the corporate staff and their mentorship
Controller then Consultant (Former Employee) –  Controller in Del Mar CA & Home Based ConsultantApril 1, 2016
I was promoted through the ranks when it was a brand new company. I started as accounts payable, to accounting manager to hotel controller. My first supervisors were the executives that formed the corporate office so I learned from the very best. The opportunities were significant.
Pros
Wonderful upper corporate office managmeent
Cons
Amount of time working did not allow balanced life
Staff and Work view is a pleasure
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Olympic Valley, CAMarch 15, 2016
The Staff for the company is always a pleasure to work with. The Staff some time like everywhere is sometimes challenging to work with.
Don't waste your time, this company is a joke
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Horribly run location in NC! Management, or lack of, needs some management lessons before given the title with no experience. They hire young and inexperienced so they can pay small. They also don't require their "managers" to be present and support their staff. The GM isn't even present to know what that the managers aren't accountable. As a bartender I would run the bar alone for 8+ hours with no break and no help. There were nights when NO management, for the entire hotel, was present to handle guest complaints. They have the bartender making food for the guests while leaving the bar unattended for up to 10 minutes while filling the role of a cook because they won't pay for someone to be in the kitchen for the evening menu that they require to be honored while the bar is open, even on a busy weekend night. The weekend clientele is sketchy and there were times I needed backup and help with the drunk and unruly but security was no where to be found. And to top it all off in the rare times a bar manager was present she would take a portion of the tips for "helping" while she was paid a salary. Is this even legal?

Those looking for a job be advised: KEEP LOOKING! This is not a place you want to associate yourself with. Thus the high turnover in the entire hotel staff. No one is happy working at the NC location!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Rotten !!!
facilities engineer (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTJanuary 25, 2016
TERRIBLE company to work for !
Worked EVERY weekend !
They treat their help like animals !
They have kids as managers & supervisors of departments.
I saw more people LEAVE or get FIRED, than I saw get hired !
I worked in Engineering & we were required to account for EVERY minute of our time. The Chief Engineer was a KID, and acted as such. We were watched on camera CONSTANTLY !
15.00 an hour to work days, eves, nights, and weekends- NO shift differential.
NO sick or vacation time.
I wouldn't let my DOG step foot on the property.
NOT a good place to work !
They have an ad for TWO Engineers EVERY winter.
( That's a red flag folks )
DON'T work for them !
Pros
None !
Cons
Everything !
an entepernureal company
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 10, 2016
lots of freedoms to make descions how to manage your people. But kind of 'old mans club". Promotions given to golf buddies rather than those most qualified.
Pros
good people good staff
Cons
short sited ness, on obvious changes to better the company
Inspiring fitness program to stay healthy
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 16, 2015
Destination Hotels is a great company. The health and fitness program inspired me to stay healthy by participating in the program. My office collaborated on the challenges and stayed fit from our working together for a common mission.
Pros
Health tracker
Cons
Never achieved work-life balance
worst yet
management (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2015
The worst company I have ever worked for. Management spent more time bullying their employees. This company has very little future and cannot see it continuing much longer. Friends in the hospitality industry warned me this was a bad company with a bad rep.
Enjoyed my time
Manager, Homes Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sunriver, OROctober 8, 2015
Great culture, low pay, fun environment and I learned a lot from this position. Hard position but if you stay positive the job becomes easy
Solid company with good core principles
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Very satisfying place to work and enjoyed my peers immensely. Learned a lot about acquisitions and owner relations. Recruiting was difficult as the company turned to a lot of short term contracts and had constant turnover, which is typical of the industry, Overall good company with a bright future.
Pros
Good experienced people in key positions.
Cons
Although a company focus, work life balance was difficult
Working pleasant and interesting
Conference Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 22, 2015
nice and fun job that allows you to grow professionally. all the staff is willing to do their best to satisfy the customer and let up the name of the hotel
Pros
delicious meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Destination Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9