Destination Hotels & Resorts

Hostess (Former Employee), Olympic Valley, CAApril 18, 2014
Progressive & High spirited workplace atmosphere and people
Long hours, Bad management
chef (Former Employee), coloradoNovember 5, 2013
Pros: pay rate are above average
Cons: very poor managment.
In one year working there never had a day off without multiple calls from manager... once a week had to go to work on day off. Manager lefter early every day!
Management is inexperienced.
Accounting (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 29, 2013
Not a good company to work for. Management want you to be friendly and excited about your job, but they are not. This company do not treat their employees well.
Productive & Fun workplace with room to grow
Spa Concierge/Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: discounts on rosetta stone
Cons: pay for lunch
DHR is a great place to work.Operations run well, great coworkers.
Great customer service standards, not great to employees.
PT and FT positions (Former Employee), ColoradoJune 26, 2013
Pros: great environment to learn about customer service
Cons: do not generally treat employees well
The company overall has incredible customer service standards and you can learn a lot here. The collection of hotels is amazing but you may not get the time off opportunity to enjoy them. The insurance benefits are great but suggest not becoming a monetary liability and covering only yourself.
If you show your willingness to work and drive to learn – more... more you will probably be overworked.
Most positions do not pay well. – less
Disappointmnet
Spa (Current Employee), Rancho Palos VerdesApril 26, 2013
Pros: the view, the guests, the pay.
Cons: bad management. no room for growth.
Not very considerate to the employees needs. Cuts hours of the full-time therapists, saying that there's not enoughwork but, every quarter your manager gives you a letter saying that you are in danger of losing your benefits because you didn't work enough hours and yet they continue to hire on-call and part-time therapists to avoid offering benefits.
You – more... are hired to provide a service and are paid by a tier catagory where you only qualify a higher percentage if you meet a list of crazy requirements. – less

– June 10, 2013

Over all would you not recommend working there as a LMT. I have 7yrs experience at one of the top spas in the US. They are advertising for massage therapist but haven't gotten back to me about a job of witch I am very qualified. Seems to me like a lack of organization and good management. If I was hired part time would it be easy to make it up to full-time given I'm reliable ? Also are you somewhat busy year round? Thanks so much for your time.

Best Job ever
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free golf, free food, beautiful resort
Cons: liesurely lifestyle
I loved this job so much! The resort has had many owners sinced I left, but what a great place.
Ok Company to work for.
Director of Engineering (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJFebruary 10, 2013
Overall nice work enviroment, challenging but nice job.
Job got tougher in the past years due to economy which lead to staff reduction but same expectations.
No room for advancement, Horrible Management, Pay not worth the labor
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Elua, Ekahi, Polo, GrandchampionsDecember 18, 2012
Pros: no free lunches for housekeepers! no overtime pay!
Cons: no breaks, and bad medical and dental insurance premiums
Everyday you start in the morning from 6 or 8am. You start bagging you towels or linen. You would make at least five bags a day. They would want you to start with a towel service or a linen first. All by yourself you provide fresh towels and linen to your guest. Then you would do your cleans, if and when the guest check out. It may be late like three – more... that they may check out but you have to make sure that you finish the job. Now the downfalls of this occupation, especially with destination resorts, the property managers really suck! Here on maui the property managers, accuse, assume, they really don't have the knowledge to manage their housekeepers or maintenance right without disrespecting them. Obviously because most of them dont have the knowledge to do such a job. So if youre interested be careful, most of the property managers for elua and ekolu and ekahi, grand champions are very hard to work with. there was nothing I had learned that they intentionaly thought me. Co workers are long timers, been thru probably what once was the best of management. However their not that patient because they all are piece rate workers. Day to day you need borrow what they call their personal vans, make sure you dont leave extras, or you dont take any supplies, because they claim its theirs but its actually the companies of course. So with that being said alot of harrasing goes down when these actions are taken into place. The hardest part of the job is knowing that your a good and awsome worker with great aloha spirit. But the co-workers you work are snobby, and ignorant. They dont a good job on their cleans, majority of the time, and as a new comer you have to clean what they had missed. There is nothing to enjoy working for this company, best bet is to get your experience and get out! – less
A fun place to work
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING (Former Employee), Suncadia Resort and Skamania LodgeDecember 12, 2012
Destination Hotels & Resorts is a very forward thinking company, innovative, caring of our carbon foot print and what we can do together to serve others and having fun doing so. A happy life creates happiness for others and in turn will create future happiness and caring.
Low paying. No room for advancement, Piece rate pay.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kihei, MauiNovember 6, 2012
Cons: lousy pay, lack of comunication, lazy management.
Working here is not the best housekeeping job out there. Elua village in particular, pay by piece rate. The amount of work that is expected, and the pay that you make is not worth your time. Piece rate means you get paid by each task performed. If you don't do each task up to par, they take away some of your money. The best way to know how much your – more... getting paid, is to add up all the money you make each week, and divide it by the hrs you worked that week. The pay scale is different each week. Sometimes you will be making a lot of money, sometimes you'll be making less than minimum wage. (It really depends on how fast and thorough you are.) At Elua village, the housekeepers here are mainly old timers. Most of which, don't perform their jobs really well. There is a strong lack of communication here. The management don't really do their jobs very well either and don't seem to care very much about anything. When It comes to suspending or write ups, the management just let the incompentent go. Mainly because they never have enough workers and anyone that gets freshly hired, quit within a week. – less

johnjacob – December 5, 2012

I had worked at this company for over a year. I wish i had never came to this job. This job is all about harrasing, favortism, low paying, and favortism. When I started I got accused for stealing from other ladies vans, everyday since I am being harrased for their accusation.The housekeepers get in my face and yell at me while managers are in their office smiling. you work with company vans. the housekeepers claims that it s their personal vans. Oh and they hate when you use their vans (without a choice,) and you leave extras in their vans.For example a box of kleneex or two toileit paper rolls, they turn into a beast and harass and pick on you. They get in your face, and ask you whyd you leave in there. Total harrasment, and do you see management doing a thing aboutit . no, I feel like I'm getting picked on. Favortism, managers control on how much you get paid, because your not geting paid by the hour, and you get paid on what kind of job you do in how big of a room. a towel service may cost 4.00 and you best be in that room for at least an hour, so you wont get deducted from your managers. 4.00 for an hour, can you believe this shyt!!!! however their favorite workers can bring home 90 dollars a day. They may not do a good job as much as you but they get paid more. YOu can walk into their room and there sand and dirt on the floor but they wont get deducted from their paycheck. when i started i trained with all housekeepers and the first thing management said to me, we hope we put you with someone that cleans good ...huh? SO everything that i do is the way i was trained, and to get written up for the on how i was trained is bull. managers arent fair, and from h.r. to supervisors they are all best buds so you have no where to go to talk to about your managers. I thank god that i dont work here anymore, they wrote me up for so many minor things that it eventually got me fired.

Great Staff & Beautiful Hotel
Tele-Sales Agent (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 31, 2012
No two days are the same. It is a very fun place to work. This company has high expectations of is employees, but at the same time gives you the tools to meet these expectations. The hotels is legendary, therefore making the staff willing to perform at high levels to maintain the integrity of the property.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vail, COJune 3, 2012
Pros: lunch provided, great coworkers
Cons: offices don't have windows
Group sales, reservation sales, running reports. Coworkers were very helpful and always willing to take time away from what they were doing to asset one another.
Comfortable yet professional working environment with potential for advancement
Hostess, Shula's Steakhouse (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 13, 2012
Pros: hotel discounts, health insurance
Cons: food gets wasted
Working for Destination Hotels and Resorts is a wonderful experience. I have learned extensive information about the hospitality and food and beverage industry. I almost always look forward to work and always feel great giving my best at work. I get along great with my co-workers. Management is excellent except for one manager who doesn't seem to add – more... anything but frustration to the establishment. The most enjoyable part of the day is giving a guest excellent customer service and them smiling with satisfaction. – less
DH&R is one of the best hospitality companies to work for
Assistant Controller (Former Employee), San Diego, CA 92037April 10, 2012
Pros: great company core values, flexible work schedule, free lunch 7 days a week
Cons: limited advancement at this location, sold to another company with different values
This was one of the best jobs I have had with not only the opportunity to work with good people, but for a good company that encouraged life balance. We still worked hard and got the job done, but time was taken when needed and it was always challenging and exciting. My boss was great to work for and was interested in seeing me continue to develop and – more... advance and those that worked with me were very supportive. If it wasn't for a change in ownership I would still be there today. – less

tinyb22 – December 22, 2012

A very poorly run hospitality company..stick with hilton, ritz, sheraton, etc.... DH&R is bad news stay away.......