Destination Maternity Employee Reviews

Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 21, 2017
Destination Maternity is a cool place to work if you have a calling for sales. This place is all about customer service which is cool but they push sales on to clients so much! Sometimes people only come in for one thing but as a sales associate you are required to try to get them to buy more even if they don't need it. If you're good at sales, work here.
Fun environment but overbearing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 17, 2017
Too much is expected from associates. We always needed to be on customers even though they didn't really need help. I always felt like a bother to them. The customers can also be a little rude
Great Opportunities...depending on who your team is
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 10, 2017
When I came into my management position it was a thrilling experience. Around the time that I was getting ready to go on maternity leave a few of the other employees began to critique and become messy behind my back. Overall if there would have been a younger crowd I would have stayed.
comfortable atmosphere, satisfying job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 9, 2017
although i did work at multiple locations each week, it was an enjoyable job. the clientele was fun to work with and the company values are great. employees treated fairly and moral was always good. management had great communication with staff, which made things a lot easier.
Fun, relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 8, 2017
It might take some getting used to dealing with hormonal pregnant women, but it is actually a lot of fun. I felt motivated at work, but not pressured. I learned a whole lot more than I thought I ever needed to know about pregnancy and breastfeeding, having never had children myself, but it was good to know. It was really cute when customers would sometimes bring in their newborn babies, too!
Typical retail job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKApril 18, 2017
Standard hours and experience. This company does not largely value the long term retention of employees, so this is not the place to look for a career. Very seldom did anyone get promoted, and those who were later got let go when unrealistic goals were unable to be maintained. Loved my coworkers but none of them are currently still with the company.
The customer makes enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 7, 2017
The main pro is that you have fun working with a lot of moms, or family of soon to be moms because it's such an exciting time in their lives. The technicalities and the management role are that of what you have to do to keep the store successful, so at times that can be stressful, but the main focus and enjoyment come from the clients.
Great for a part time job
Merchandise and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2017
You are told of being able to move up in the company but that is not true. No managers get fired they have been there for 15 plus years associates stay in the position they are in. That's fine if you want to stay in the position they are in. Despite the name of the company there is no family life management prefers for employees to be single with no children so they can use you as they see fit. If you dare to speak up for yourself hours can be cut oh expect 4 to 12 hrs a week. Great for students looking for extra cash
Pros
Customers make working here great
Cons
Short breaks, alone at time 4 to 5 hrs with ton loads of shipment no family life
good company
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 8, 2017
typical work day at destination maternity was alone, and very self motivated. Highly recommend this job for people who is under 21. great pay and location.
Personal shopper for pregnant women, such a joy
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 14, 2017
I was a personal shopping assistant for expecting and pregnant women. I always had such a great time picking out clothes and suggesting items that would be of use during this changing and special time.
Fun.
CASHIER, SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX 78666February 10, 2017
working with pregnant women can be a challenge but it opens your perspective on what the feel and see during the time that they're with child. everyone is different and experiences different things.
Pros
alot of down time
Cons
pay
Pretty nice experience- wished for better corporate mngmt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 5, 2017
I was lucky to be under a hard working manager but corporate isn't concerned with lower management or associates. Soooo much fun to meet and become close with all the mommies! The best part is when they come back to show off the new baby! Operations were fairly easy standard mark ups/downs (hated the store policy, not sure what it is now but it was only 14 days to return...i suppose due to the nature of the clothing*easy to grow out of) I actually loved the fashions, they have gotten increasingly trendy without sacrificing comfort. It was also very fun to learn about the trimesters and what different products did and what expectant mothers needed and why. Overall,positive experience if you aren't afraid of a little hard work and don't mind rudeness and disinterest from corporate.
Pros
Learning experience, social, discount
Cons
Most Mngmnt, long hours
Part-time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 1, 2017
The customers at Destination Maternity are great it make my job a lot easier to provide customer service. I also love my co-worker they're easy to get along with and a joy to work with. I have learned a lot working around pregnant people. Learning different product and healthy ways of eating.
Pros
Great customers service
Cons
Not enough hours
Close-knitted work environment
Part Time Supervisor/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 15, 2017
The company is all about star-selling. We take the time to get to know our customers so we can provide the best service/sell her the best product to meet her specific need during such a special time!
Pros
Develop great relationships with clients.
Cons
Unstable schedule
Typical Retail Setting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 10, 2017
The hardest part about DM is that most stores run with minimal staffing, hours based on business needs. Often would change schedules last minute to accommodate their personal needs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
Team camaraderie job that celebrated both external and internal client
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern VA/Metro DC/MDDecember 31, 2016
Great company that truly inspires and delights not only the external client but the extremely critical internal client as well! Good focus on internal development and growth.
Pros
recognition and awards
Average Place To Work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJDecember 14, 2016
Average Place To Work. Be sure to negotiate an adequate salary when coming into the company as raises are few and far between. Management differs from department to department. Relaxed culture.
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2016
The company family oriented and multitasked in all departments. They let you learn about the entire business. Co workers are great people to work with.
Unorganized Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73118November 16, 2016
I loved going to work because I loved to help mothers who were anxious and excited to show off their belly with cute, modern clothing. The environment was very hostile to me liking.
Have to love kids and pregnant women.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 2, 2016
The only downside with this company was that they did not allot enough hours per store to have at least 2 employees in the store at the same time.
Cons
worked alone alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Destination Maternity. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9