Destination Maternity Employee Reviews in United States

Fun enviorment worked with different type of people of all culture.
Transfer/ Picker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical work day at Destination Maternity require a lot of energy, motivation, and focus. There a certain goal to reach each day. I've learned to sort, tagged, clothing I've learned to pick and pack and ship out items from the warehouse. Documenting every items that had to be shipped out daily.
Cons
Shoty breaks, No benifits
Great place to start
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 4, 2016
DMAT is a great place to work, especially if you are just starting out in the retail management field. great work life blend, and small close knit staff. Finding a way to balance tasking, and driving traffic is difficult at time, with little support at corp level, but all in all a great place to work
Trendy retail store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2015
My job duties were to assist the customers and gain rapport with all of them to understand their needs and wants. This company was definitely great for learning and understanding the new trends, how to style your clients, and how to maintain a client book. Management and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job would have been the short lunch breaks and lack of breaks available to their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was styling my customers, as well as executing visual displays for the store.
Pros
up-to-date on trends
Cons
hours and lack of benefits
Upper management need a complete overhaul
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Upper management need to be looked at VERY carefully by the CEO. If you are not a part of their little high school clique you will not make it. They have a do as I say not as I do attitude. This should not be a popularity contest, just because you do not like someone personally does not mean you treat them differently. As long as the jobs get done there should be no issues. I loved my staff and clients they were the best part of my day. What they expect from the stores to me are pretty average however, they expect miracles when it comes down to time. They want you to fixed what's been broken for years within a couple of months. With those expectations I now see why they have such a HIGH TURNOVER.
Pros
Great Clients and Product
Cons
Upper Management are like a high school clique
i loved to work in the store
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 11, 2016
I completely enjoyed working in Motherhood. in a way we were like a team even though i would usually have the store all to myself. i definitely learned to be more independent and be more cautious to what i do and say. I got along with my coworkers they tended to be very nice ladies. the easiest part of the job would be the day to day responsibilities meaning helping customers keeping the store clean and organized. the management was great in the beginning but when the store had to close down and different managers had to come in that's when things got a little weird and confusing but other than that i had no problems. the hardest part of working in motherhood was seeing the store close for problems they were having since before i was even hired.
Pros
60% off the clothing
Cons
no breaks had to stay in store at all times
Revolving door at the Top
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2016
This company has a great opportunity to make a positive impact on their customer during a special time in their lives. Helping expectant moms to feel beautiful was very rewarding.

Constant changing vision and focus from the CEO, VP, Director levels. Lots of turn over and each newly appointed person in those roles had a "new" direction for the company. Lacks communication necessary to effectively and successfully do my job. Low pay for team members making it hard to retain.
Pros
Helping Expectant Mothers to feel beautiful
Cons
Terrible upper management, 3 CEO's since 2010, no vision
A very diverse and productive work environment.
Dockworker. (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJMarch 11, 2016
Every day of work is full of various tasks that need to be done in a timely and efficient manner. I learned how to be a better team player since my tenure there. Management is good. My co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is loading items on the trucks. The most enjoyable part of the job is just working with co-workers that work very well .
Fun atmospere to work at
Maternity Sales Rep. (Vendor) (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 23, 2016
I would straighten, do returns, consolidations and shipment. I learned how to work at different store level and space. Management was ok until their ready to get rid of you. I worked alone. The hardest part of my job was the shipment when it was heavy. I love to go train new employees and show them how we work.
Pros
Accomplishing what I need to do for my store
Cons
Management dont listen to you or your needs
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 16, 2015
Great Company to work for. The clients are wonderful and it is very rewarding to help your client through such an important time in her life. I learned the importance of being not just a sales person, but her personal stylist. Outfitting her from top to bottom. The hardest part of this job is not getting the time to on the spot train your associates. you are by yourself 90% of the time, with little overlapping. You are not given enough payroll for tasking the company expects of you daily. This results in not enough time impacting sales and no time for on-going training with your employees. Managers are expected to complete floor sets all by themselves and do not get any extra payroll to complete before the store opens or after it closes . I enjoy most making my client feel beautiful and showing her she did not have to compromise her style while being pregnant.
Pros
Awesome Benefits for Managers
Cons
lower end of pay scale for retail managers
Great place to work for
Retail/Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2016
-The job consisted of helping women during their pregnancy with finding clothing that made them feel comfortable yet beautiful
-I learned how to be a good sales person and making pregnant woman feel comfortable in their own skin
-Management and co workers were wonderful to work with
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Part time hours
Three Stars
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Florence,NJJanuary 23, 2016
A very productive and safety stressed work place. I have learned to be an even better team member than I was on past jobs. Management is sufficient and my co-workers are reliable for the most part. The hardest part of the job is loading the trucks. The most enjoyable part of the job is straightening out the work area after the work is done.
8 Months
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2016
Worked in DMAT 8 months and management puts TOO MUCH on stores. They expect you to do a floorset in a number of days while simultaneously pushing clothing on people who don't always want to buy it. By the time I was done working here I was relieved. Loved working with the Moms2Be. Hated working with corporate and management. If you like unnecessary stress work here!
productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 27, 2015
I learned plenty about maternity fashion industry and trends, gained experience working with public. Daily sales review and sales goals. weekly floor set design. Maintained a personal clientele.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks, lacked career groeth, lacked benefits
Fun and Fulfilling
Sales Associate/ Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 27, 2016
I love working at Destination Maternity because I get to help mothers with all their maternity needs. It's very fulfilling to be appreciated by a customer when she needs a dress, outfit or jeans because her old ones simply don't fit. My manager is great because she's energetic and works to accommodate all employees with work schedules.
The clients you service are excellent, but you'll have no work/life balance
Assitant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 4, 2015
I love the clients that I service but for employee's there's not work life balance. It's a salary position at 40 hrs a week. You'll work way over that per week.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 15, 2016
I didn't really like working here. The some of the mangers were rude and has bad attitudes with works. They cut hours for anything little thing.
Pros
Worked alone sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Positive Atmosphere, amazing clients to work with
Maternity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2016
This work environment is very positive.
The managers work around your schedule.
30 minute breaks
Part Time get less than 20 hours a week.
Assist clients in clothing options.
Awesome
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Typical day was walking in pull shipment and consolidations. customers were number one and rotating customers was great for having fair business numbers. they are very welling to teach. Learned tons on how to size women and to help them with their pregnant needs.
Pros
great people
Cons
small staff
Learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 11, 2016
My experience at Destination taught me a lot. I learned how to measure pregnant women, also a lot of things of pregnancy. important things that needed to be known.
Rewarding place to work.
Lease Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 20, 2016
Working with expecting mom's was the most fun part of the job. Upper management was supportive and helped the field when needed.