Destination Maternity Employee Reviews

Close-knitted work environment
Part Time Supervisor/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 15, 2017
The company is all about star-selling. We take the time to get to know our customers so we can provide the best service/sell her the best product to meet her specific need during such a special time!
Pros
Develop great relationships with clients.
Cons
Unstable schedule
Typical Retail Setting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 10, 2017
The hardest part about DM is that most stores run with minimal staffing, hours based on business needs. Often would change schedules last minute to accommodate their personal needs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
Team camaraderie job that celebrated both external and internal client
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern VA/Metro DC/MDDecember 31, 2016
Great company that truly inspires and delights not only the external client but the extremely critical internal client as well! Good focus on internal development and growth.
Pros
recognition and awards
Average Place To Work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJDecember 14, 2016
Average Place To Work. Be sure to negotiate an adequate salary when coming into the company as raises are few and far between. Management differs from department to department. Relaxed culture.
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2016
The company family oriented and multitasked in all departments. They let you learn about the entire business. Co workers are great people to work with.
Unorganized Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73118November 16, 2016
I loved going to work because I loved to help mothers who were anxious and excited to show off their belly with cute, modern clothing. The environment was very hostile to me liking.
Have to love kids and pregnant women.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 2, 2016
The only downside with this company was that they did not allot enough hours per store to have at least 2 employees in the store at the same time.
Cons
worked alone alot
It was good working environment
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA and at the last move to NJOctober 29, 2016
The working environment is very good. I like the working environment and the benefit they provided to the employee. I really enjoyed to work in this company.
Pros
Health care was good
Cons
no FMLA
It's Okay
MSR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2016
Lot of work with low pay and not many hours. Helping new moms is the best part, Learned patience with people in general. Make this a temporary position and try to move on.
Ok place to work
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington County, NJOctober 14, 2016
Destination Maternity is a Good place to -work. Management is very friendly and makes your work experience very comfortable and flexible to -work any shifts. There are several company activities throughout the year to help keep the employees feel great. New building with new processes equal New and exciting beginnings.
Pros
Flexibility to move around shifts
Cons
Communication breakdown occasionally
Customer service
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 26, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Always given the opportunity to grow inside of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know and watch the growth of the mom to be's throughout their entire pregnancy.
Company still evolving
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  S.E U.S including PRSeptember 12, 2016
This company has improved greatly in the past ten years however still has very far to go. Internal reporting systems are outdated and although superiors take suggestions into consideration, IT is slow to act due to overwhelming demand. In my particular field, there is no room for advancement.
DM and RM need to be more involved in business and speak with ALL Managers for a better idea of how business is running.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 26, 2016
Fast-paced, fun environment with your MOM2B.
Upper Management needs better training.
District and Regional Managers need to have better communication with all Managers and Associates.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor Communication
If you are female - there's no respect
Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2016
I left after I was getting tired of .05% raises - it was awful. There's no room for growth and there's very much a "boys club".
Also HR doesn't do anything.
The Legacy Systems and Legacy Processes are terrible. They need improvement and a complete reorganization. I don't anticipate seeing growth and since I have left the stock has plummeted.
Pros
People in Store Operations
Cons
People in IT
Nice to buy your maternity clothes from
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work was very hectic and long. management was decent but not to friendly, it was always hot onside the store. Costumers were always nice, and I loved helping the women find there sizes and style for there self's during their pregnancy's.
Ok job but only for part time
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 2, 2016
Our store manager works one nite a week, gives instructions but doesn't know how to explain projects for propert execution and she's horrible with communicating properly. District Mamager acts like she's our friend and offers nothing towards making the team better.
Pros
Discount and helping pregnant women shop.
Cons
Retail hours and lack of guidance from store manager
8 Months
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 28, 2016
Worked in DMAT 8 months and management puts TOO MUCH on stores. They expect you to do a floorset in a number of days while simultaneously pushing clothing on people who don't always want to buy it. By the time I was done working here I was relieved. Loved working with the Moms2Be. Hated working with corporate and management. If you like unnecessary stress work here!
i loved to work in the store
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 11, 2016
I completely enjoyed working in Motherhood. in a way we were like a team even though i would usually have the store all to myself. i definitely learned to be more independent and be more cautious to what i do and say. I got along with my coworkers they tended to be very nice ladies. the easiest part of the job would be the day to day responsibilities meaning helping customers keeping the store clean and organized. the management was great in the beginning but when the store had to close down and different managers had to come in that's when things got a little weird and confusing but other than that i had no problems. the hardest part of working in motherhood was seeing the store close for problems they were having since before i was even hired.
Pros
60% off the clothing
Cons
no breaks had to stay in store at all times
Gave me the opportunity to run my own Department. Trusted my merchandising & sales decisions
Maternity Sales Representitive (Former Employee) –  Macy's in Emerald Square MallApril 26, 2016
I solely managed a busy leased Maternity clothing department in Macy's. from 8:30am til 2:30pm with occasional visits from my Destination Maternity corporate. A typical day started with logging in.Organizing & sizing clothing after previous day's shopping. checking fitting rooms. Then checking stock room for new shipment, anywhere from 2 to 9 boxes.
unpacking, hanging, pricing, logging in and distributing new merchandise on sales floor. Greeting and advising maternity clients. Keeping Department fresh and client friendly with monthly Corporate provided Floor layouts and my own manager based decisions. Hardest part of job... Constant upkeep of busy department. Most enjoyable part... Being recognized by Clients and Corporate for my ability to do so. My Leased Sales Manager was always supportive and encouraging trusting my decision making. I learned how to merchandise for best sales. How to be observant and understanding of a specific clients needs.
Pros
Mutually gratifying interactions with clients, Being requierd to look nice everyday at work
Cons
bi-weekly pay schedule, sometimes very heavy workload in short timespan.
Rewarding place to work.
Lease Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 20, 2016
Working with expecting mom's was the most fun part of the job. Upper management was supportive and helped the field when needed.