Destination XL Employee Reviews

Terrible.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 8, 2016
Awful people. Very sexist team and remarks from said team. Women were treated very lowly. Company as a whole is not bad. Would not work here again. Had team disputes for no reason.
Good work enviornment
stock coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJanuary 4, 2016
Good management stock position is very over welhming but overall good company to work for if you are under 25 years old very up beat
new learning experience
Key Holder/Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2015
benefits are decent, schedule is terrible, in my particular location growth isn't really there which is what I desire, highly focused on the numbers and "self discovery"
Unqiue Market with Ceo's that care.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2015
Big and Tall men's clothier where customer service and reading into your guest is key. Great merchandising, wonderful one on one service, custom tailoring, easy rewards program, make this place the best to shop and work. One can succeed with a strong sales background since most of the jobs are commissioned. This company is growing so there are chances for and room for growth in ones career.
Pros
discounts for employees, flexible schedule, chances to move up
Cons
must be in sales to make any money
Productive work day with lot of interaction with customers
GSA (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 6, 2015
I love working at DXL, I love my bosses and the people above them, they are good with helping you grow to learn more about the company everyday and are great leaders and coachers and encouragers.
busy and enjoyable workplace
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 2, 2015
I loved working for DXL. The customers were great, watching someone transform and finding their inner confidence let me know I succeeded with my task. Management were awesome, always willing to train and use your strengths to make the environment more enjoyable for all.
Day at DXL
Guest service associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2015
Destination XL was a great work environment, with strong management who wants the company to benefit more than themselves. Supportive co workers, but retail environment just is not for me
Pros
Supportive Mangament
Cons
lot of free time
Just an overpriced store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CentralAugust 12, 2015
Not really an outlet. Same exact product at other local stores for half the price. Store manager was an unorganized, selfish person and higher level managers thought he/she was amazing for some reason. Had to work every weekend. Salary was based a lot on commission which was difficult when only 2-3 people even came in store daily to look. Full time is only 30 hours, not even close to 40. Got behind on my bills after only working there for a month and a half during the holiday season.
Cons
In store by myself, no lunch breaks
Mid-Stress Sales
Assistant Manager / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 20, 2015
Mid-stress sales.
Partial commission-based wage.
Friendship-based advancement into upper management.
Very low upper management to local associate communication, resulting in ideas implemented from upper management that don't take into account information only accessible to associates.
DXL
Stock Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hill, ILJuly 16, 2015
DXL was a great company to work for.•

my job was to Charged with handling and receiving orders in the back room.
• Kept track of what needs to be replenished on the sales floor regularly.
• Organized and maintained sales floor.
• Helped to promote sales on the floor.
Stock Coordinator and Wardrobe Consultant
Stock Coordinator/Waredrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 8, 2015
Provided great customer service and managed product on sales floor. Made measurements to sale high quality suites to meet minimum sales requirement monthly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short staffed
Great potential workplace, still figuring itself out
Asst. Store Manager for Operations (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 27, 2015
The best part of this company is its desire to connect with the guests it serves. A lot of the logistics, direction and dependability need improvement.
Result Driven Management Proffesional
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work, consist of, auditing daily paperwork. Ensuring sales goals and metrics are communicated and giving feedback on how to execute every customer experience. Everyday is a learning experience, learning how to manage different individuals, personalities and still produce goal driven results. I embrace every challenge that I face so nothing is to hard, if you put forth the effort. I enjoy the most, helping people, having them rely on my professional opinion. Making the customer happy is the most rewarding in my eyes.
Part time customer service (Current Employee) –  Paramus, New JerseyJanuary 23, 2015
Good for a few extra dollars as a second job but beware of work load to pay ratio. A lot is expected to get done for minimal pay.
DXL
Stock Coordinator Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2014
This company is great for the big and tall guy who wants to be in style.
Friendly work environment
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 1, 2014
I had the opportunity to come on board to help the in-house design team with online marketing design. I created email and web ads and visual designs for web pages within the brand guidelines. I also assisted the senior designers with editing and prepping files to then be sent to the web development for coding. I was responsible for finding and obtaining product images and stock photos for the use of these designs. My biggest challenge was learning to navigate through the servers and file naming conventions other than that I enjoyed working with the small team of designers!
Great Menswear company.
Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 16, 2014
Work life balance is positive. Management is great and the company is continuously trying to create a positive culture within the workplace.
great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2014
Everyone worked as a team to assist customers and provide great customer service.
A fun look into Big and Tall Clothing
Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2014
My management and coworkers are some of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Everyone communicates and works with each other with no problem, for the most part.

My day consists of making sure the store looks up to par, helping customers with their needs and showing them pieces to complement their outfits, whatever the occasion may be. I love making my customers happy with their choices and am always honest with them as to what outfits look good on them. My customers love my friendliness and honesty.

At the end of the day, I clean up after my customers and straighten up what needs to be done. If I'm the closing supervisor, I count down all the registers, prepare the deposit for the next day, and make sure any paperwork is accounted for. I make sure we don't leave until the store looks fresh for the next day, but we do so in a timely manner so that hours aren't affected.
Pros
fun work environment, am able to develop my merchandising skills with little supervisation
Cons
low wage, no benefits
Horrible place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake George, NYMay 20, 2014
Worst company I have ever worked for. You work most days all alone and have to do everything yourself because they won't allow you enough payroll hours to support your store. You aren't even able to take meal breaks most days or go to the bathroom unless your store is empty and you can lock the door. Their customer service standards...ABE....is overstepping comfort zones of most people because of how pushy and intrusive you need to be.